Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Kuala Lumpur Damansara

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:41 am

stayed at this hotel recently and it was disastrous. No pillow menu, pillow way too soft. aircon was not cold. despite setting at 18C and max, it was rather warm. the corridor was much cooler. the bathroom floods after every shower. feedback to the operator and the club lounge manager and no action was taken!

the last straw was that instead of holding the deposit, they actually charged the deposit! only realised upon checking my statement! all in all, this was my first visit to sofitel and would left a terrible impression. wonder if anyone has the GM email?

location wise, on the outskirt of the city, hard to find grab or uber... especially morning from 7am to 9am... 10 mins walk to the subway
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:21 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Dear tboons,

I am sorry to hear about your misadventure during your stay.
Please kindly note that this review has also been shared with the hotel for improvement, and to make sure they get your feedback on your stay.

Kind regards,
Amy
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:44 pm

Club Millesime have now officially updated their Welcome Letter with a statement to the effect that smart casual attire must be worn at all times . . . no more singlets, shorts and flip flops etc.

Smoking has been disallowed in the small open balcony area attached to the Club since the new government directive on smoking came into effect on 1st January, I think.

Gold members have not been allowed access to the Club since around 1st January.

At this point in time, children are still allowed to access the Club but I have a strong feeling that this may change with an official announcement at some point with some sort of restriction. I will post again if and when there is any official change to the current policy. My understanding is that any sort of change along these lines will be stated on the hotel website once a final decision has been made . . . possibly by 1st February.

Apart from that nothing new to report. Excellent service from everyone I have met.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
Club Millesime have now officially updated their Welcome Letter with a statement to the effect that smart casual attire must be worn at all times . . . no more singlets, shorts and flip flops etc.
During a stay this past December, the welcome letter of Pullman KLCC contained the same statement. I didn't quite adhere to the dress code once (shame on me, it was an accident). As you might expect, nobody said anything.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:20 am

This hotel is continuing to develop its policies and made one big change on 1st February.

The F&B Department now provide the staff and management for all the F&B offerings in the Club Millesime. The three permanent CM staff now mainly handle Reception Desk work although they do still help out with the F&B.

At Cocktail time the drinks are now located where the food used to be, and the food is located where the drinks used to be.

A professional drink mixer comes up from Le Bar or Nizza.

The format of the Cocktail food has changed a bit too. The four hot food selections are gone now and have been replaced by 6-8 different pass around canapes which are quite filling if eaten. All the other mini-buffet food is still there. They are adding more full-time F&B staff to the CM. There are also the student interns.

The times for the Afternoon Tea and Cocktails have also changed although the length of time remains the same. Both simply start 30 minute earlier.

A new sign was placed on the CM Reception Desk yesterday with the times.

There is one mistake with the breakfast time unless I have been given wrong information.

Certainly yesterday and today the CM breakfast buffet is still on from 6 am until 11 am (not 10:30 am as written on the sign). The a la carte menu is still available from 6 am until 12 noon.

So far no changes to breakfast and Afternoon Tea items although I have heard that they want to refresh and more actively rotate the items served. It's a time of transition. Things are not settled yet.

Actually there was one change to the breakfast mini buffet . . . the four or five bottles/flavours of the French brand of yoghurt "Le Yaourt Bordier" have been replaced with the same homemade yoghurt which is available downstairs in the buffet restaurant. I was sorry about that. Nothing wrong with the homemade yoghurt but I particularly liked the branded yoghurt. I have no idea of its actual status in France.

I have copied a photo of the new sign below. At the bottom there is a statement about dress code and children.

I can say that neither of these new rules are really being enforced yet. I think they are still waiting for the hotel website to be altered to warn new guests about these changes before they implement them seriously. The website was supposed to change yesterday but this may have been delayed to next week.

We are in the middle of the Chinese New Year Long Weekend and some key staff are on leave. Something may happen next week. As far as I know the children rule has not yet been written into the CM Welcome Letter although the dress code rule was added in January.
jiunsoh likes this.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Jun 1, 2019 at 11:54 am
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Thanks for the updates, I will put these into the Malaysia thread.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:31 pm

So far no changes to breakfast and Afternoon Tea items although I have heard that they want to refresh and more actively rotate the items served. It's a time of transition. Things are not settled yet.
I believe the breakfast hours are longer in weekend and public holiday, like all other accor hotels in the region.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:45 pm

Thanks for updating the Malaysia thread as appropriate.

I have been here just over a month now. I can confirm that one of the benefits here is that the CM breakfast buffet was/is 6 am to 11 am with the a la carte menu 6am to 12 noon, 7 days a week . . . so a real advantage here over just about every other Accor hotel in Asia.

The new sign is a bit disconcerting. I have been told that it was a proofreading mistake by the F&B department who thought that the Lobby Breakfast buffet hours were the same as the CM breakfast hours, hence the mistake. I can understand that mistake.

However, part of me still worries that there may be a cut back in progress to the CM breakfast hours. I will have to confirm what is true with a senior staff member. Since this new policy began on 1st February we have seen the Executive Chef, the next senior Chef, the F&B Manager and the Nizza Manager all appearing at Cocktails. If the F&B Manager or EAM is around today I will try to confirm if the CM breakfast time is changing or it really is a proofreading error. I will again also try to find out when the Website and CM Welcome Letter are to be updated, and if the new policies are going to be enforced strictly. I think it will be a gradual process.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:52 pm

Just another quick update:

1. I found out today that the website does now reflect the changes regarding attire and age restricted access to CM. It's in the pricing conditions for this hotel whenever we make a booking. I didn't realize that when I posted yesterday. A screenshot for a random room is attached below. I asked about enforcement of the policy and was told that they are not enforcing it for guests who made their bookings before 1st February which is probably everybody here. So it seems that these changes will be reinforced more stringently over the coming months. A big sign will be placed near to the entrance to CM as soon as possible.

2. Despite the mistake in the small sign on the CM Reception Desk, the CM breakfast buffet will definitely continue to be served from 6 am to 11 am, not 10:30 am as printed on the sign.

This information probably only affects a handful of FTers who are KL regulars but I will update again if anything new comes to light while I am still here. The age restriction will definitely be added to the CM Welcome Letter. Things are a bit slow at the moment due to the Chinese New Year holidays.

gilbertaue likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:19 pm

(Post removed as it mainly referred to a new policy which has now changed.)

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Feb 17, 2019 at 10:01 pm
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:00 am

At the risk of flogging a dead horse . . . here is the updated CM Welcome Letter . . . children policy added and smart casual attire defined somewhat. These policies only affect people who booked after 1st February.

I met their GM yesterday, asked about the child policy and GM said they considering to reserve a corner for guest with kids, best spot will be the small area beside the meeting room. The meeting room inside the lounge is too big, they also considering to resize it.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
I met their GM yesterday, asked about the child policy and GM said they considering to reserve a corner for guest with kids, best spot will be the small area beside the meeting room. The meeting room inside the lounge is too big, they also considering to resize it.

The child access policy has now been amended again as predicted by Jiunsoh. People who have already been here will know of that small area at the back next to the Meeting Room. Families will be asked to sit there assuming space is available.

There is now a "big" sign at the entrance to CM. It makes reference to smart casual attire.

The CM Welcome Letter has again been amended and reference to the short-lived child (above 12 years of age) policy has been removed. It still appears in the pricing conditions but that will be amended soon.

Last edited by Kobetraveller; Feb 17, 2019 at 9:56 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:59 am

Talking

The child access policy has now been amended again as predicted by Jiunsoh. People who have already been here will know of that small area at the back next to the Meeting Room. Families will be asked to sit there assuming space is available.

There is now a "big" sign at the entrance to CM. It makes reference to smart casual attire.

The CM Welcome Letter has again been amended and reference to the short-lived child (above 12 years of age) policy has been removed. It still appears in the pricing conditions but that will be amended soon.
wow, their management really take into consideration, i will book some staycation to express my appreciation.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
wow, their management really take into consideration, i will book some staycation to express my appreciation.
Pavilion Hotel Managed by Banyan Tree, I toured a couple of weeks ago and confirmed that it was receptive to well behaved children
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:35 pm

For regular guests here: the very active and efficient Director of Rooms here had her last day yesterday and has now left the hotel. No news on where she will pop up next. Heard that her replacement has already been selected but not sure when he will start . . . maybe 1st March ???

By the way, given the recent to and fro regarding CM access policy I thought it might be useful to give an idea of capacity for people who might sometime consider a long flight to stay here.

I counted the chairs. Regulars will know that this is a long, thin CM.

Anyway, it is not huge in terms of capacity which would affect my decision to stay here during holiday periods.

I counted 58 chairs plus 4 stools. The 58 chairs include 8 chairs arranged around the pastry area during cocktails . . . popular with solo travelers and couples.

The 58 chairs also include 12 chairs arranged around three tables in the designated family area. Maybe one or two extra tables could be squeezed in here but it will be a tight fit.

Jiunsoh . . . would it be worth adding the Lounge capacities to the Club Lounge wiki for the KL hotels to help potential guests decide which Lounge suits them best ? Just a suggestion. I will leave that up to you.
jiunsoh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.