Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Accor | Le Club Accorhotels
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 30, 11, 12:04 pm   #1

Programs: AA EXP 3.07 MM, IC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Scheduled for a trip to Taoyuan City in a couple of weeks and looking to stay at the Novotel.

Just wondering if anyone has had any recent experiences at this conveniently located hotel to share and sway me in one direction or another. (Last time, I stayed at the Grand Hyatt but the cabrides to/from Taipei were long in the morning.)

Also, I am scheduled to arrive into TPE at 1 am on August 15th and checking-in hopefully by 2 in the morning. Would this arrival time count for me checking-in on 8/15 or 8/14? Just wanted to make sure that I make the reservation correctly.

Thank you!!
Platinum Cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 11, 12:57 pm   #2

I'm not sure about your checkIn date but I can imagine that it will be a late chackIn of the 14th.
I stayed there in January this year. So far, it was the best Novotel I ever stayed at! It's still very new and well looked after by the management.
Pick up from the terminal is very convenient.
CheckIn is very efficient and actually a pleasure! Front desk agents were always very friendly and helpful. I never had to wait.
The Lobby is very roomy and modern. There is a small Duty Free shop as well.
I asked for a room with a great runway view and got one! Very modern style and well equipped. The bathroom had a glass wall which became milky when I switched in on. The AC control panel was a small computer with a lot of functions and it worked perfectly. TV had all international channels.
Gym and Spa were excellent as well. Well equipped and clean.
As I said, the best Novotel I ever stayed at and one of the best hotels overall. Great value for money (payed around 50EUR/night).
The only negative points were the dirty windows and the location outside of Taipei. At least I had the opportunity to use the high speed railway:-) Front desk sold bus tickets to the railway station and called the bus driver to get the exact pick up time (in stead of reading it from the timetable).

A few days after checking out I received a personal eMail from the General Manager. He was very thankful for my detailed feedback and added all related departments into cc.

Definitely my first choice in TPE!
LaPlanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 11, 5:37 pm   #3

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
This is no Grand Hyatt. As long as you adjust your expectation then I concur that this is one of the best Novotel anyone can stay in. Last stay was in March. Great to just dip in the warm jacuzzi pool after a day's work. Didn't want to get out. Great gym as well with a trainer on site. I got upgraded to a club floor with lounge access, great! If you need to be in Taoyuan, this is the only place to stay. Taipei city is too far away to be convenient.

If you want a guaranteed room upon arrival, then book the room for 8/14 with a cc. It would be very gracious of Novotel to check you in at 2am for a 8/15 booking when the normal check-in time is 2pm. However, you can email directly about this.

Last edited by RJ77; Jul 4, 11 at 2:03 am..
RJ77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 11, 7:15 pm   #4

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Smile about its club lounge?

Anything nice in this club lounge, especially for the snack options?

thank you for your reply.
bearteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 11, 12:05 am   #5

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG

Nice when it's complimentary access. :)
RJ77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 11, 4:14 am   #6

Programs: AAP Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Rewargds, Qantas FF, United Club
The club lounge is adequate, although nothing too exciting. I found the service excellent though.

I stay here twice a day and always enjoy my stay. The staff are attentive and the hotel is still quite new.
gibosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 11, 4:16 am   #7

Programs: QF WP
I stayed there a couple of weeks ago. Staff and services are excellent all round, and I was given a free upgrade to the club floor with a couple of drinks vouchers (and that's 2 vouchers for a solo stay). I think it's one of the better Novotels around.
Awesom Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 11, 7:01 pm   #8

Programs: A3*G, SQ*G, CX*S, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Le Club Plat
Looks like they upgrade quite frequently... The occupancy must not be that great. TPE is not really what I would call the busiest airport in the world either.

I'll stay there next month, being Platinum, I hope I can also get an upgrade

I'll only be using it as transit hotel since my flight is at 7h45. Don't feel like waking up 1h earlier and cab from the city center.
enelym1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 14, 11:02 am   #9

Programs: SAS-*Gold UA-1P SPG-Plat Carlson-Gold PC-PLAT HH-Gold MR-Gold Sixt-Plat Europcar-Elite Amex-Plat
Bump, any recent experiences? Also whats the platinum recognition like?