Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Yes, the lounge with good views of the tarmac is open. I didn't encounter any pilots when I was there one night last month.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Not sure how many people know this but this hotel has a coin operated laundry where you can wash all your clothes for a reasonable price. It's quite well hidden though and not advertised much. It's located in the basement of next door building which is also part of the hotel.

To get there go outside of the hotel by the main entrance and turn right. Walk straight along the outside windows of the hotel, and walk right past the entrance (elevator and escalators) of the MRT station. Do not enter the station at all, but keep going straight on street level. You will eventually arrive at a building entrance with some sliding glass doors, and inside is an unmanned reception desk. Go in and take the elevator on the far right 1 floor down to level B1. You have arrived.

There are 2 washing machines and 2 dryers.
It costs 60 TWD for washing 1 load and soap/detergent is automatically added. Cycle lasts 30 minutes exactly.
Drying costs 10 TWD for every 6 minute increment. Calculate at least half an hour for proper drying which means a minimum of 50 TWD for drying.

Both the washing and drying machines only accept 10 TWD coins so make sure you have enough of these, or get proper change at the main reception before heading over.

Make sure you pick your stuff up at soon as it finished, as otherwise there's a very good chance your clothing will be unceremoniously thrown in one of the available plastic laundry baskets (even if you are even a few minutes late) by another guest who needs one of the machines as well. Chinese/Taiwanese people don't like wasting any time.
Adore likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jul 7, 2023 at 6:46 am
Old Jul 9, 2023, 4:44 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Summary of my stay

PROs

-Right next to the newly built "Airport Hotel" MRT (metro) station. The station number is "A14a" It's one stop away from Terminal 2, and two stops away from Terminal 1. Tickets to either terminal costs 20 TWD each way...which is about 60 euro cents, or 60 USD cents.

-There is a FREE shuttle bus to/from the hotel to both terminals. Transfer time is about 10 minutes to terminal 2 and a bit longer for terminal 1. To be honest, it's now probably more comfortable to use use the underground train than the shuttle. More space and better air conditioning. Shuttle is a bit cramped in comparison and I think walking times between the shuttle drop off points and check in desks on the top floor of the airport are longer.

-A few free soft drinks in mini bar (not sure if all rooms have this).

-Nearby coin operated laundry in basement of separate building. (see my previous post above for more info).

-Hotel has a bar and restaurant on site.

CONs

-The express train that runs between the airport and central Taipei does NOT stop here. You will have to change at either of the airport stations to get it. This is very important when ARRIVING at this hotel from the city centre, as if you stay on board the express train after airport terminal 2 it will go right past the airport hotel station.

-Windows do NOT open for fresh air.

-Shower head is small allowing only a small jet of water to come out in a almost straight line. It feels like washing yourself with a hose rather than a proper shower.

-In room safe is small.

-There is not a single store, bar, or restaurant outside the hotel and there is absolutely nowhere to walk to. If you want anything at all such as a convenience store or a proper restaurant meal outside the hotel, you will have to take the MRT (metro) or shuttle to the airport and back. It's not possible to walk there.
BinSabai and Adore like this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA 1k, AA Exec Plat
Does anyone know what time the hotel shuttle starts in the morning? I will need to go to the airport before the MRT starts for the day.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 2:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA 1k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by flybyFIRE
Does anyone know what time the hotel shuttle starts in the morning? I will need to go to the airport before the MRT starts for the day.
To answer my own question, the shuttle starts at 4:30 am and goes until 11 pm

https://www.novoteltaipeiairport.com/traffic/
Adore likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:56 am

Hmm, I'm having some issues trying to find the little coins to see if its possible to book this hotel with points.

Am I blind, or is it not possible at the moment?
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by buggy51
Hmm, I'm having some issues trying to find the little coins to see if its possible to book this hotel with points.

Am I blind, or is it not possible at the moment?
I am confused by your post. It is possible to use Accor (ALL) reward points to reduce the cost of the hotel booking. Each 2000 points used = €40 deducted from the price you pay. 😊
Old Mar 6, 2024, 7:42 pm

Oh, sorry if I am confusing you.

In regards to this topic:

Accor redemption slider missing

"Can you see an icon of 2 coins when you get to the list of room types and rates? There should be a note saying that the room/rate can be paid with points."

I currently do not have any points in my account (I'm thinking of transferring some from Capital One), but I do not want to transfer said points if this Novotel is unable to be booked with points.

Im trying to do a dummy booking to see if the redemption slider is available but I do not think I'm seeing it. Are you able to see it The first day or two of April?

Thanks

Edit... though now that I reevaluated the option, I don't think I'm really saving much transferring from Capital one -> for points. I'll just book outright.

Last edited by buggy51; Mar 6, 2024 at 9:24 pm
Old Mar 6, 2024, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by buggy51
Oh, sorry if I am confusing you.

In regards to this topic:

Accor redemption slider missing

"Can you see an icon of 2 coins when you get to the list of room types and rates? There should be a note saying that the room/rate can be paid with points."

I currently do not have any points in my account (I'm thinking of transferring some from Capital One), but I do not want to transfer said points if this Novotel is unable to be booked with points.

Im trying to do a dummy booking to see if the redemption slider is available but I do not think I'm seeing it. Are you able to see it The first day or two of April?

Thanks

Edit... though now that I reevaluated the option, I don't think I'm really saving much transferring from Capital one -> for points. I'll just book outright.
Thank you for explaining. Yes, for a dummy booking of April 1, I do see the icon of two coins / redemption slider, on the payment credit card page. This allows you to reduce the hotel cost by €40 per 2,000 Accor reward points. 😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.