Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Thanks. Seeing the same price. Is it walkable?
Really, no. But when I arrived into Terminal 1, the shuttle bus was there at the end of a long line of bus bays. (Bus bay #1). It then goes to Terminal 2 and then the Novotel. In the morning, you just tell the reception which return shuttle bus you wish to take. They leave on the 1/2 hour. Takes 5 minutes.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:41 pm

IIRC there's also a public bus that goes from TPE to the Novotel to the HSR station.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: Accor Le Club
I had the chance to stay in this nice property last December so can elaborate on going to/from the hotel:

• To/from the airport: no pavement along the road so it's not possible to walk. There is a free shuttle, the last one leaves at 01.45. Beware though that I experienced a ~40 min wait at immigration so if your flight arrives after 0.30 (and there are quite a few of them) you might have to take a taxi.
  • To/from Taoyuan HSR station: the reception will sell you a ticket and call the bus dispatcher so that the bus stops right in front of the hotel. Ticket price is 30 TWD and frequency is 10-25 mn. The last bus connects with the last train from Taipei Station at 23.00.
    Taking the bus from Taoyuan remember to ask the driver to stop at the Novotel.

If planning 3 to 4 round-trips on the HSR, a saving of up to 20% can be made with a multi-ride ticket (for 8 trips but if they are not all used, the difference will be refunded back minus a little fee).

A metro line will be opened in a few months with a station right in front of the hotel. That will greatly improve the attractiveness of this hotel ^

Breakfast can be taken in the executive lounge on the top floor (with a superb airport view to boot), but the spread was limited and the lounge a bit undersized so I found the huge ground floor restaurant area nicer. No upgrade to report on unfortunately as the hotel was full.

Overall good value for money compared to the city centre hotels, even when taking into account the train fares.
est-gratuite likes this.

Last edited by Airlib; Feb 25, 2016 at 7:00 am
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Having stayed here a few times over the last years, I figured I'd post some notes:

overall impression:

This is by far the nicest Novotel I have stayed at. I'm not sure I'd rate it as 5* (even though the hotel advertises itself as such), but it's definitely a solid 4*+ hotel and probably the nicest TPE airport hotel.

rooms:

I have stayed in the standard rooms, executive floor rooms and the suite. All were perfectly comfortable with modern bathrooms etc. The design and furnishing probably is supposed to be "stylish" and "trendy", though this seems to come at the expense of the furniture being comfortable.

service:

Check-in and check-out always seems to be excruciatingly slow. But otherwise service at the hotel - especially in the executive lunge - is excellent and attentive. ^

Platinum treatment:

- I treceived a welcome letter listing the various benefits at check-in
- in addition to the published benefits I received a discount voucher for a spa treatment
- request for a 2p.m. late check-out was hooured
- Platinum members receive access to the executive lounge and are also given the option to have breakfast in the main restaurant ^

When staying there again a few weeks later on a non-qualifying rate I was given the same welcome letter with all the benefits crossed out. I guess I didn't look too impressed and the agent commented "sorry, you book discounted rate". Obviously this is in line with the T&C, "welcome to the world of Accor" I guess...

Executive lounge:

- ther executive lounge is good, but nothing to get excited about
- service was always very friendly and attentive
- breakfast selection included a continental spread and 3-4 hot dishes, but nothing special (but the breakfast buffet in the main restaurant is rather extensive)
- evening offering included some cheese and crackers and ~3 hot items (chicken skewers, meatballs in a tomato sauce, some curry dish IIRC) which were substantial enough to make for a light dinner
- drinks offered at happy hour included soft drinks, beer, a basic selection of spirits (gin, rum, vodka etc.) and one fairly cheap red and white wine each; no champagne or sparkling wine

Conclusion:

Overall a solid property and even though the rates are rather steep IMO, I'd most likely return if I had an overnight connection at TPE.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
I still remember the lounge staff stopped me from taking photos of lounge. "Mr. RJ77, you can't take photos of the lounge, it's our policy" What?!
Nice pool and jet spa though.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I am staying for about 16 hours In about 19 days As a stopover day rate provided by China airlines. Question I wonder is will I get my benefits being a platinium member? I Dont expect points. but be nice to try the lounge or Have breakfast In the restuarant As we will arrive by 7am.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
First time here, just for overnight but other than the aforementioned slow check in the hotel seems very nice, room was great etc

Just checked in and this was on my desk: Hmm, it appears it links the file and not ap picture...anyway fitness center closed until 7/27 and pool supposedly reopens today, but I haven't verified that.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
novotel tpe.pdf (88.9 KB, 38 views)
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
A few other questions for those in the know: Arriving DPS - TPE 9:45 pm and on to SFO the following morning at 10:15 am on our way home from Bali in September. This hotel looks like the best (only?) option. Flying EVA in business but don't really want to sleep in a lounge unless the Infinity lounge has any options for that.How much headache and time will it take to get through immigration to a shuttle and to the Novotel roughly? It does not seem that there is a hotel/anywhere decent to sleep that does not require airport/security exit and retrieving luggage? If we can get by with carry on will they check our luggage through? Appreciate any other or tips/suggestions; TPE not one of the international airports we have transited.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mstraveler
A few other questions for those in the know: Arriving DPS - TPE 9:45 pm and on to SFO the following morning at 10:15 am on our way home from Bali in September. This hotel looks like the best (only?) option. Flying EVA in business but don't really want to sleep in a lounge unless the Infinity lounge has any options for that.How much headache and time will it take to get through immigration to a shuttle and to the Novotel roughly? It does not seem that there is a hotel/anywhere decent to sleep that does not require airport/security exit and retrieving luggage? If we can get by with carry on will they check our luggage through? Appreciate any other or tips/suggestions; TPE not one of the international airports we have transited.
I wouldn't call myself an expert, but here are a few notes:

- clearing immigration can take anywhere from 5min to 30min depending on the time of day etc.
- once you've cleared immigration, it's a short walk to baggage claim and maybe another 1min-2min walk to the bus stops
- there's a complimentary shuttle bus between the terminal and the Novotel that departs every 30min; the ride takes 5-10min
- IIRC there are a few non-chain hotels not too far away from the airport, but the Novotel is by far the nicest and most convenient option
- at least one of the Plaza Premium lounges has sleeping rooms for rent, though I'm not sure whether it is open 24/7; and the rates were rather steep when I checked
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I wouldn't call myself an expert, but here are a few notes:

- clearing immigration can take anywhere from 5min to 30min depending on the time of day etc.
- once you've cleared immigration, it's a short walk to baggage claim and maybe another 1min-2min walk to the bus stops
- there's a complimentary shuttle bus between the terminal and the Novotel that departs every 30min; the ride takes 5-10min
- IIRC there are a few non-chain hotels not too far away from the airport, but the Novotel is by far the nicest and most convenient option
- at least one of the Plaza Premium lounges has sleeping rooms for rent, though I'm not sure whether it is open 24/7; and the rates were rather steep when I checked

Thanks very much Jasper2009. We booked at the Plaza Premium lounge. At $200 a bit pricey but worth the lesser hassle to us not to leave the secure area. I had not found that option for some reason so appreciate the suggestion.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:50 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
There is a HIX 15 minutes by cab from the airport (USD10)

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...hats-nearby_ex
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by markis10
There is a HIX 15 minutes by cab from the airport (USD10)

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...hats-nearby_ex
I have stayed here once. I would advise caution. It is not really close to the airport - 18 km distance. The taxi driver had trouble finding hotel. The Airport Novotel costs a little more, but may be a better choice.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 1:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Thread has been dormant for 5 years.
Any recent stays ?

It seems that there is now a MRT (train/metro) station right under the hotel on the "Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport MRT" line.

The station is called "Airport Hotel" is the station number is "A14a"
It's one stop away from Terminal 2, and two stops away from Terminal 1.

The new MRT station even has is own wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airpor..._metro_station

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jun 4, 2023 at 1:40 pm
Old Jun 4, 2023, 5:12 pm

Stayed here somewhat recently.

Metro station is right by the hotel and is much more convenient IMO than taking their minibus shuttle.

Otherwise not much has changed, decent airport hotel. They still have the giant fluffy pandas but unfortunately the showers are no longer "magic glass"
zrh2yvr likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
does it still have the lounge with the excellent view on the tarmac, where all the (cargo)-pilots tell their weirdest stories?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.