Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

No Triple Miles on Delta AMEX in OCT 2002.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2002, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Hi,
I talked to AMEX and also received the reply in email that they will not honor this promotion if you didn't receive the invitation in mail.

I will like everyone's opinion on how to get triple miles in a fight with American Express .

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Old Sep 21, 2002, 8:14 am

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
You might want to move this thread to the DL or AMEX forums for better responses.

UnofficialDLHelper offered some input on this promo.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/007145.html
Old Sep 21, 2002, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kdoshi1:
I will like everyone's opinion on how to get triple miles in a fight with American Express .
</font>
A number of years ago Amex sent out "directed" invitations for *free* AX cards for the first year -- with something like double MR miles the first year and 1.5 miles the second. I called to ask what they were going to do for me, their loyal, existing, customer.

I quickly realized they were *not* going to give me my card free, but I was really much more interested in the miles. After a long and heated discussion with a supervisor they said that they wouldn't do double or 1.5x for 2 years they would just give me a lump sum. They offered me 15k miles.

I balked and the sup. was a little taken aback that someone wouldn't take tbem up on their (what they thought to be) more than generous offer. I suggested that they review my account and offer me a higher number (I'd charged 50k/year or so the previous few years). They put me on hold for a while and then offered me 75k, which I accepted. Several friends of mine made similar telephone calls with similar results.

I suggest that you call them up and politely suggest that some people are definitely *not* more equal than others and that you've been a loyal customer for xxx years and have charged so much stuff, etc. If I had a skymiles card I'd do the same!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.