Thank you FT. BECAUSE OF YOU....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2002, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold

I became a FT addict in 2001 and learnt/achieved the following
1. Mileage run
2. Maximizing miles on a Oneworld RTW
3. Tricks in becoming Platinum in AA by challenge
4. Undocumented benefits
5. Buying tickts in Sweden, SA, Thailand
6. Exchanging awards, miles, VIPOWs, SWUs and HK49s
7. Understood the above terms and YGM
8. Cybermet some fantastic people and a few odious ones too
9. Flew my butt out to become 1K and EXP and got branded as "THAT MILEAGERUN FREAK" by friends and family
10. Learnt how to upgrade
11. Learnt how to and where to complain usually with no luck
12 Finally despite taking Aspirin, Plavix, drinking lots of fluid and wearing support socks developed Thrombophlebitis and banned from flying for 8 weeks and itching for it to be finished.
Any more to add? I hope this thread runs till end of the year
Old Oct 12, 2002, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
I forgot
Gifted items I dont need and felt great
Old Oct 12, 2002, 12:18 pm

Programs: Lifetime PC Member
13. See my shrink regularly now
Old Oct 12, 2002, 12:56 pm

I have become a obsessive compulsive FT reader and doer
Old Oct 12, 2002, 1:06 pm
T Q

Programs: HHonors/Marriott/Starwood/SWA Rapid Rewards
...I have the equivalent in miles and points of 14 RT domestic tickets and 2 or three weeks in hotel stays.

...we had a free vacation to Maui/Kona in Feb of this year!!!

...my co-workers think I'm obsessed but were dumbfounded recently to learn how many miles/points i have since I don't even travel for business.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Let's Go:
13. See my shrink regularly now </font>
My shrink phones me every day for travel advice
Old Oct 12, 2002, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Just learnt about Miles and More advantages from Rudi
Old Oct 12, 2002, 5:34 pm

When I first discovered FT and became obsessive about mileage my wife thought I nuts. We are going to HWV. Care to guess who has her own mileage cards now? FT you have created a monster.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
... have my Amex travel agent ask me for scheduling "advice"!
Old Oct 13, 2002, 12:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

... wondering when mileage-earning credit card issuers will finally give me referal bonuses for the dozens of cards I've helped them issue.
Old Oct 13, 2002, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
I became an addict in 2000 while researching the LP Million Mile bonus. Not only did I get my million miles (plus a great month-long, crazy trip traveling around Central and South America) I really got sucked into bigger world of FT benefits:

1. I now have 60K NWA miles without having flown a single mile.
2. I'm PLT on AA because of the ChAAlenge.
3. I'm Gold on DL because of the double-base mile bonus last year and a run to Tokyo (on which I was Op-upgraded both ways!) Didn't even know what an Op-upgrade was until then.
4. Countless other bonus offers I wouldn't have known about or how to take adavantage of.
5. I've also gone from being the "Mileage Freak" at work to the more respectful "Traveling Guy" who is always willing to share tips on airfares, mileage and finding hotel deals. I haven't traveled for business in years and I get so angry with those people who do travel for work and don't take advantage of the opportunities! So I guess I'm still a bit a of a freak!

Thanks to all of the very helpful people on FT!

Old Oct 14, 2002, 1:38 pm

1. Because of Flyertalk.com, I have been able to convince a few of my friends who are CPA's that flying all over the country and obtaining 120,000MI then cashing out for a RT 1st class trip to Europe is better than simply buying the ticket outright.

THEY GET IT!!!!
Old Oct 14, 2002, 11:30 pm
Original Member

Have been stuck on FT ever since I retired 5 years ago. And to think I wondered how I would spend my time! I don't know how you people do this and hold a job also.

Have only traveled for pleasure, and presently have over 400,000 miles scattered around between my husband and myself. Have had "free" trips 1-2 times a year for the both of us over the last 4 years. That includes first class twice to Alaska, 4 car rentals and some hotel rooms.

The very kindest thing that happened to me was when I agreed to trade 25,000 American miles with a stranger who promised 30,000 NW in return.

I went to the airport and upgraded a friend of his and burned my 25,000 American miles. 9 months later, I contacted him asking him to use his 30,000 NW miles to upgrade me roundtrip and my husband one way, on tickets I had gotten with credit cards miles. He not only did what was promised, but upgraded my husband round-trip also, using 40,000 NW miles. A real FT class act.

I have never met another poster to these boards. I keep looking at the luggage tags and hoping

I must be getting old, because I have a hard time remembering who my long distance carrier is and did I really cancel that last credit card, so I can apply again.

THANK YOU FT

------------------
Some women are born wise, others achieve wisdom, still others have wisdom thrust upon them as they wonder through the posts of this board. Thanks one and all.
Old Oct 15, 2002, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Becuase of flyertalk.com, I have been able to save a lot on travel due to the NW zone certificates. Indeed, I am very grateful to the various generous donors who frequently post on this board.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 10:02 am

Thanks to FT -

1) Been to London 3 times in a year. First time flew coach - last 2, used miles to upgrade
2) Hit PLAT on AA using challenge which gives me 100% bonus miles -- so I can upgrade
3) Learned why DFW-BOS-MIA-LHR is better than DFW-LHR or why DFW-AUS-ORD-LAX is better than DFW-LAX
4) Met some interesting people
5) Am duly impressed w/ FewMiles and others grasp of FF plans
6) Have 2 FC tkts to Hawaii to give to wife as part of her Christmas present
And a lot more.
Thanks FT'ers one and all.

------------------
TANSTAAFL - but if you work it right, FF miles comes pretty close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.