FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asia Adventure - CX, EK, TG, RJ, PG - F&J + IC Hotels
Old Apr 18, 2013, 4:50 pm
aks120
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Asia Adventure - CX, EK, TG, RJ, PG - F&J + IC Hotels

Introduction

AA F LAS-LAX (AA169 – 737-800)
AA F LAX-ORD (AA9259 - 737-800)
Intercontinental Chicago O’Hare
CX J ORD-HKG (CX807 - 777-300ER)
cont....
Intercontinental Grand Stanford & Hong Kong
Hong Kong
EK F HKG-BKK (EK385 - A380)
Intercontinental Bangkok
Bangkok
RJ J BKK-KUL (RJ180 - A330)
Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
PG Y KUL-USM (PG952 - A319)
Intercontinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
PG J USM-BKK (PG170 - A319)
Hotel Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
TG F BKK-HKG (TG600 - A380)
Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
CX F HKG-LAX (CX884 - 777-300ER)
AA F LAX-LAS (AA1714 - 737-800)

Introduction

This special trip was booked to celebrate my 40th birthday. Whilst I was not in a dramatic meltdown over reaching the big FOUR O, I did want to do something a bit different. I have been working very hard over the last couple of years and would be unlikely to ever do a dream trip like this again so last November I thought – why not just go for it??!!!

The destinations were obviously a big draw but I also wanted to make sure I got the opportunity to fly airlines and classes that I had dreamed about and read about in other people’s trip reports. So whilst this is a trip report about my Far East adventure, it will feature heavily on the airports, lounges, airlines and hotels. That said I will throw in a few gems from my travels.

I am a Oneworld girl at heart, having achieved Gold with the British Airways Executive Club program, however this trip gave me the opportunity to sample other airlines for a fraction of their normal long haul premium class cost. Flyertalk has helped me learn about the tricks to sampling some F seats, without having to take out a mortgage for each flight.

I am also a Platinum Ambassador with the Priority Club and therefore all my hotel rooms were an upgrade of at least 1 room category – plus I was entitled to water, fruit, 4pm late check out and a few other perks along the way.

So onwards and upwards to the first event!

aks120

Last edited by aks120; Jan 9, 2015 at 10:26 am