FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asia Adventure - CX, EK, TG, RJ, PG - F&J + IC Hotels
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:09 pm
aks120
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
CX J ORD-HKG Cont...

I slept/dozed for most of the flight in a very comfortable bed.

The cabin temperature was just right and the duvet was a great addition. Again, I was very impressed with the Cathay hard product, especially when I lay on my side and found the useful side pockets were actually placed so that you could bend your knees in bed - something I do at home but normally find uncomfortable on aircraft.

On waking, and with about an hour and a half to go, I was offered the refreshment menu. I was not really hungry but felt I should eat something, as it would be late by the time I got to the hotel. This second meal would put some airlines primary meal to shame. I had the fruit to start, which was fresh and tasty. The stir-fried chicken was nice but the bits of chicken were a little large for my liking - not a complaint, just a personal preference. I just could not fit in the pudding offered and stuck with diet coke, although champagne and wine was offered.

Entertainment – A great choice of new movies - I watched Skyfall during dinner - I must be one of the few left on the planet that had not seen this movie and who does not love Bond.......I still have dreams about him in his swimming trunks........but that is another story! The TV screen was a great size and I loved the handset that gave you an update as you were going along about both the film and the distance to go.

Amenity Kit – A great Agnes-B kit in a bag I will definitely use again. The kit came with eyeshades, socks, earplugs, toothpaste, toothbrush, a cotton pad, Murad body cream and Murad night cream. A great kit and one that is useful! I actually found out later that it should have come with lip cream too but for some reason my unopened kit did not have it!

Cabin Crew – After a bit of a frosty and busy start, the cabin crew were extremely friendly. I appeared to be served by the senior member and they always said my name so it made it all very personable.

I can’t tell you much about what happened in the cabin as this seat is very isolated (in a good way). I found it difficult to see any folks around me and therefore the people watching opportunities were slim! I loved the seat in that respect and felt I could take photos to my hearts content rather than be embarrassed about it.

There was a massive thunderstorm on the approach to Hong Kong but I was pleased to see there was no rush to get us through it. The pilots skirted around the edge and held for a bit before starting the approach. The pilots also made the flight attendants stop service and buckle up but the turbulence was not bad at all due to their thunderstorm avoidance tactics.

Despite this being a 16-hour flight, I was sad to get off. Cathay had really lived up to their top reputation on this flight with both their soft and hard product. I enjoyed a really pleasurable flight and cannot wait for my First flight, as if this Business class trip is anything to go by, it will be outstanding!

Arrival

I walked for about 10 mins to get to the immigration hall. The queue was relatively small and I was through there in under 10 mins and onto the baggage hall. The great thing about Hong Kong airport is the free wifi, so I logged on to let my family know I had arrived safely and about 10 mins later both of my bags arrived and I was off to the hotel.

Last edited by aks120; Jan 9, 2015 at 10:47 am