Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15000 Bonus Points with Masterpass

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by flybie
I had stay on August 9 nothing still. Yours 31 but already posted.
I also stayed august 8th and 9th and nothing.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by flybie
Crazy. So far still no points posted. How to prove that reservation uses masterpass?
I also need to know if there is any way to prove a reservation was made using Masterpass. I made 3 reservations using Masterpass and completed the stays in July. I never received the bonus points so I sent to email to customer service. They came back and said that I didn't use Masterpass for the reservations, when I am absolutely sure that I did.
It amazes me how often hotel programs run a promotion to increase customer loyalty, and then because of their system problems, customers have to fight with them to get the points.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:52 am

I kept screenshots, but had been planning on being a bit more patient before complaining. If folks who stayed right at the end of the cycle have posted, though, it's time for me to call in. Any more data points?

Edit: Urgh, don't see my screenshots, though I swear I remember taking them. I thought there was one stage it won't let me take a screenshot, and I'd endeavored to use another screen where I could. No evidence of any of that on my phone =/
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by synergistic
I kept screenshots, but had been planning on being a bit more patient before complaining. If folks who stayed right at the end of the cycle have posted, though, it's time for me to call in. Any more data points?

Edit: Urgh, don't see my screenshots, though I swear I remember taking them. I thought there was one stage it won't let me take a screenshot, and I'd endeavored to use another screen where I could. No evidence of any of that on my phone =/

I made two reservations using MasterPass online (as opposed to through the phone app) which the terms and conditions permitted. I saved .pdfs of the confirmation of the reservations which shows that I paid with a Master Card (but doesn't expressly show that I used Masterpass). I prepaid the reservation because that was the lowest rate. I know that it ended up using Masterpass because when I showed up at the hotel they asked me if I used a card which ended in 4 numbers for which I don't have any credit cards. I did a little research and discovered that for security purposes, Masterpass gives a digital card number which is different than that credit card you are using with Masterpass. Anyway, I didn't think that I would have to give them my Master Card underlying the Masterpass reservation when I checked in because I prepaid but I had to anyway. So I gave them the Mastercard and they ran it and I was ultimately charged the prepaid rate I thought I had already paid. My stays were July 23 and Aug 13. I still have no bonus points for either. I plan to call in to see about the points, but if I have to prove I used Masterpass, all I have is my screenshot confirmation after making the reservations showing I used Mastercard. If anyone has a way to check your Masterpass transactions, I too would be interested in learning about it.

Update: I called the Platinum Line. The first rep said that because I used the prepaid rate I wasn't eligible. I didn't have the promotional terms in front of me, so I just told him that I would find the terms and see if that was disclosed. I found a screenshot of the terms of the promotion and it says nothing about prepaid rates not being eligible. The only thing it says is that you may not change your method of payment if the reservation is pre-paid (thus indicating that pre-paid reservations are fine as long as you don't change the method of payment - which I didn't). I called back and talked to another rep who was going to submit my request and I would be getting an email within 72 hours (I'm not holding my breath).

Additional Update: I received an email from Wyndham yesterday denying my claim because Masterpass did not show me as having used Masterpass to make my reservations. I replied, explained how I was certain I booked my reservations using Masterpass, attached copies of my confirmation emails which at least showed I used a Mastercard (even though they didn't reflect use of Masterpass) and asked them to reconsider their denial. Within 30 minutes, I received a reply indicating that while Masterpass didn't show me as using their service to make my reservations, Wyndham would go ahead and credit my account with 15k points as a matter of courtesy. I think Wyndham realizes that this is a mess and they don't want to piss off their rewards members.
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by kciflyer; Sep 20, 2018 at 9:33 am Reason: Additional Update
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
I decided to call Wyndham Rewards today to follow up on the July stays I had in Vegas. The Diamond line was very easy to deal with. After explaining my issue the agent put me on hold for two minutes then came back and said, "Refresh your screen and you should see the additional points." That worked! He said they have an issue with their system validating the Masterpass promo. Basically they have a spreadsheet from Masterpass that they have to manually cross-reference with your stay.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by OC_Matt
I decided to call Wyndham Rewards today to follow up on the July stays I had in Vegas. The Diamond line was very easy to deal with. After explaining my issue the agent put me on hold for two minutes then came back and said, "Refresh your screen and you should see the additional points." That worked! He said they have an issue with their system validating the Masterpass promo. Basically they have a spreadsheet from Masterpass that they have to manually cross-reference with your stay.
ended up with the same outcome but not as fast. Spoke with the Plat desk lastw eek and they said they will esclate it, they did and I got an email , denying it since I never booked with MP. I called the Plat desk back , explaining not only did I book with MP but I did so twice, (rate fell by $10 so I cxed and rebooked. Agent today asked how I booked it and I said the same exact way I did last year for myt 2 stays in Colorado, put me on hold for a short time and came back and said refresh my page the pts have been added
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:24 pm

I was told to contact them again after 9/20 if my stays from 8/8 and 8/9 did not post. Called today, on hold for about 10 min, points manually added and 15,000 extra now in my account. I did have screenshots as well from the app, but never needed it.
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I called Wed. Sep. 19 for the first time and was put on hold while the rep. "researched" things incl. whether I had used MasterPass. I was told that the T&Cs asked to allow 4 weeks after the end of the promo (Sep. 1,) so I said I would call on/ after Sep. 29 if my 15K has not arrived by then.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
For those who got points manually &or immediately added: With what words are they labeled in your accounts? MasterCard Bonus? Or something like Courtesy Adjustment, Discretionary Addition, Ex Gratia, etc.?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:04 am

How do you "prove" you used MasterPass for the stays? I see this has been asked several times here but hasn't been answered? I stayed twice at Wyndham hotels specifically for this promo and took screenshots as well (I don't see anything on there that shows the use of MasterPass however). I emailed customer service asking where my points are and they had the following reply, "We have researched why the Masterpass bonus for your stays did not post to your account. The information that we received from Masterpass is not showing any of your reservations to have been booked through Masterpass therefore they did not qualify for the bonus". This is completely wrong as I did use MasterPass--very frustrating.
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:09 am

OK, just after I posted my original questions I rec'd an email (after complaining) and rec'd the 25K points. Still not sure how you are supposed to "prove" stays using MasterPass, etc.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
For those who got points manually &or immediately added: With what words are they labeled in your accounts? MasterCard Bonus? Or something like Courtesy Adjustment, Discretionary Addition, Ex Gratia, etc.?
FYI - Mine were manually adjusted and shows as follows:

-- Masterpass Promo Adj NV 2018
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Wyndham has to have the most abysmal telephone CSR's in the industry. Even as a Platinum the calls route to poorly trained agents thousands of miles away from North America. After three failed attempts at getting transferred to a supervisor I was finally transferred to a CSR Supervisor in North America who took all of about ten seconds to make the adjustment today (9/24).

Here's how it posted:
08/09/18 Masterpass Promo Adj NV 2018 7,500Points

What a pain in the a$$ promotion. Never again Wyndham...never again!
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:45 pm

EZjace, how did you luck into getting 25K instead of the promised 15K??
synergistic likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
EZjace, how did you luck into getting 25K instead of the promised 15K??
I'm figuring on typo, but also curious just the same.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.