Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

15K points for 2 stays Biggest offer yet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15K points for 2 stays Biggest offer yet

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Dadofsix

Hmm, that surprises me a bit. I had thought that Wyndham recently changed the GoFast cash amounts to 65% of average daily rate, significantly diminishing the value of the GoFast option (at least I thought I read this in FT and a lot of other blogs). Perhaps that’s just a guideline from Wyndham and maybe properties can vary from that?
Not all properties have switched away from the standard 'whole number' co-pays, thankfully. I recently booked a place in Charlotte for a $35 copay, when the new rate would have been something like $80. The old good values are becoming harder to find, but they aren't gone just yet.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
Not all properties have switched away from the standard 'whole number' co-pays, thankfully. I recently booked a place in Charlotte for a $35 copay, when the new rate would have been something like $80. The old good values are becoming harder to find, but they aren't gone just yet.
Good to know. Thanks.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
This is incorrect. Both of these programs offer points for multiple rooms. Neither program offers stay or night credit for multiple rooms.
Sorry, indeed, missed that part.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Wife's stay still not posted after 6 days???

My wife did her 2nd stay for the 15000 bonus points last Thursday 5/10/18 and the stay shows under her previous reservations but the points have never been posted which should make the 15000 bonus post. She sent a missing stay report last night, How long does this normally take and has anyone else had a problem with a stay posting?
Brendan likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Problem Fixed. Good Job Wyndham Rewards

Originally Posted by rrohio
My wife did her 2nd stay for the 15000 bonus points last Thursday 5/10/18 and the stay shows under her previous reservations but the points have never been posted which should make the 15000 bonus post. She sent a missing stay report last night, How long does this normally take and has anyone else had a problem with a stay posting?
Got email from missing stay report that stay was posted. It was and she got her 15000 bonus points so I guess they do read the reports.
Good Job Wyndham rewards!!!
Brendan likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Dadofsix

Hmm, that surprises me a bit. I had thought that Wyndham recently changed the GoFast cash amounts to 65% of average daily rate, significantly diminishing the value of the GoFast option (at least I thought I read this in FT and a lot of other blogs). Perhaps that’s just a guideline from Wyndham and maybe properties can vary from that?
Gofast cash rate 65%--- does tat include tax? As the above example, does that $135 include tax? Thank you!
Brendan likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:15 pm

wyndham rewards noob here. can I combine this with various promos on their website? for example they have some $8 off best rate promo code on the site right now.

i'll be doing at least 2 stays next month of 5-8 days each, what would be the best way to structure my booking to maximize rewards? i have platinum status (match from caesars)
Brendan likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
Gofast cash rate 65%--- does tat include tax? As the above example, does that $135 include tax? Thank you!
No, tax is additional for GoFast but it is based on the copay amount (not the full ADR).
Brendan likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:38 am

Does anyone know if rates from those red travel coupon books count as a qualifying rate to earn rewards? The person at the front desk when I called didn't know. I need a second night for this promo and just want the cheapest rate. Thanks for any knowledge!
Brendan likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ih8airlines
wyndham rewards noob here. can I combine this with various promos on their website? for example they have some $8 off best rate promo code on the site right now.

i'll be doing at least 2 stays next month of 5-8 days each, what would be the best way to structure my booking to maximize rewards? i have platinum status (match from caesars)
Yes, rates shown on their website in tabs like $8 off or 1000 bonus points (not available at all hotels on all nights) are combinable with a promo like this.

I'm not sure if there's a way to "maximize" it much, without breaking it up into multiple stays (which would requires switching hotels). All WR promos are typically stay-based, not night-based. You'll simply earn normally (per dollar spent) on any additional nights (past the 1st) in each stay.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:21 am

Super 8 South Padre Sunday ($52).
Days Inn San Antonio Monday ($54).
17,000 points posted today (Wednesday).
Booked $489 suite in Israel w/15k for 6/28.
2k still left over.

Rinse. Repeat.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MAGA
Super 8 South Padre Sunday ($52).
Days Inn San Antonio Monday ($54).
17,000 points posted today (Wednesday).
Booked $489 suite in Israel w/15k for 6/28.
2k still left over.

Rinse. Repeat.
What do you mean? This offer is capped, you only only get 15k once for 2 stays, nothing other than normal 1000 minimum points per stay for any stays after that. So what is there to repeat?
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What do you mean? This offer is capped, you only only get 15k once for 2 stays, nothing other than normal 1000 minimum points per stay for any stays after that. So what is there to repeat?
nothing to see here.. move on
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
When I search on the Wyndham website it only seems to show me Ramada and Day Inn properties, none of the others.
Does anyone else get this ?
Any workarounds ?
I've never set a filter on the search. (See link at bottom).

I'm looking for a couple of mattress runs in the UK to qualify for this 15k.
I've left it late I appreciate :-(

Any suggestions for which properties generally come up cheapest ? Specific Travelodges perhaps ?

Also anything in France for my parents ?

Thanks for any assistance :-)
Don't really know much about Wyndham properties to be fair.

Cheers.

Search link should also show Travelodge & some others :-(

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/hotels/windsor-united-kingdom?brand_id=WR&checkin_date=6/14/2018&checkout_date=6/15/2018&useWRPoints=false&children=0&adults=2&rooms=1 &radius=25&brand_code=BH,DI,RA,BU,HJ,KG,MT,SE,TL,W G,WY,WT,WP,VO,DX,TM,CE,AA&PriceFilter=0-2147483647&latitude=51.4817279&longitude=-0.6135759999999664&akamai-feo=off

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Jun 14, 2018 at 8:08 am
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
When I search on the Wyndham website it only seems to show me Ramada and Day Inn properties, none of the others.
Does anyone else get this ?
Any workarounds ?
I've never set a filter on the search.

I'm looking for a couple of mattress runs in the UK to qualify for this 15k.
I've left it late I appreciate :-(

Any suggestions for which properties generally come up cheapest ? Specific Travelodges perhaps ?

Also anything in France for my parents ?

Thanks for any assistance :-)
Don't really know much about Wyndham properties to be fair.

Cheers.
i noticed this before too, try a different site, wyndhamrewards.com , wyndhamhotels.com , try the app ... I’m not sure why the don’t have a central database of Wyndham properties .. but their tech has never been very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.