Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15K for 3 Stays with VISA Checkout

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrobinson5
I stayed twice in January for 10k points. Now I'm trying to decide whether to do a mattress run at a cheap Days Inn to get another 8k points for $56.
Well, if you're going use GoFree awards, then it's simple: Do you expect to pay more then about $110 (including taxes) for hotel you'll redeem those 8k points plus anotehr 7k points? If so, then you make money at $56, though it depends how much over a $110ish you expect your redemption to be as to how much money you make at $56.

(8k x 2 is a bit over 15k, and $56 time 2 is a bit over $110. Plujs I'm not clear you meant $56 before or after taxes.)

Unfortunately, if you're going to use those points for GoFast, awards, AFAIK it's pretty impossible to calculate, because they're so all over the place in value from one hotel to the next (in terms of the cash copay), while GoFree is fixed at 15k program-wide so is extremely simply to calculate.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I called a supervisor since my Dec stay at Harrahs still hadn't posted. She claimed that this promo had ended early, in mid Jan. I didn't need to argue with her on that, and just pointed out that my stay was in Dec. In the end, she had to manually award me goodwill points since their computers are too messed up to recognize Caesar's properties booked under the promo.

Now, on 1-30, I booked one more stay in late Feb. That should qualify right, or was the agent correct about the promo ending early?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:28 pm

I did not automatically receive credit for stays on 30 and 31 Jan - and in fact, the promo link had disappeared from the website by then, replaced by an ad for the now-current 15k for two stays promotion. It didn't yet have a link to T&Cs, nor could I register for that one. The old screenshots I have from the T&Cs said that I should have been good since I booked those nights before the end of January, but we'll see if Wyndham agrees.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt, Wyndham, National
Originally Posted by synergistic
I did not automatically receive credit for stays on 30 and 31 Jan - and in fact, the promo link had disappeared from the website by then, replaced by an ad for the now-current 15k for two stays promotion. It didn't yet have a link to T&Cs, nor could I register for that one. The old screenshots I have from the T&Cs said that I should have been good since I booked those nights before the end of January, but we'll see if Wyndham agrees.
I am also still waiting on my points to post. I had a stay on January 27th.
I also made sure I kept the T&C of the promo, just in case.

Capitalized terms used without definition in these terms and conditions (“Promotion Terms”) will have the meanings ascribed to them in the Wyndham Rewards program terms and conditions (the “Program Terms”).

To qualify for the “Visa Checkout Marketing Promotion” (the “Promotion”) and earn up to 15,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points, a Wyndham Rewards member must: (i) have or create a new Visa Checkout Account; (ii) sign into their Wyndham Rewards account; (iii) between November 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018 book a Qualified Stay at a Participating Property (the “Booking Period”); (iv) use Visa Checkout as payment for such stay; and (v) complete a Qualified Stay at such Participating Property by February 28, 2018, as so booked during the Booking Period. The period beginning on November 1, 2017 and ending on February 28, 2018 hereinafter referred to as the “Promotion Period”. If a Member does not have a Visa Checkout account at the time of booking, he/she must create an account to be eligible for this Promotion. A Visa Checkout account is free to create. Members can create an account by visiting https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/visa-checkout.html.

Each Member who books and completes a Qualified Stay in accordance with these terms and conditions will receive 3,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points for the first Qualified Stay completed during the Promotion Period, 5,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points for the second Qualified Stay completed during the Promotion Period and 7,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points for the third Qualified Stay completed during the Promotion Period, up to a maximum of a total of 15,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Stays with check-out dates after February 28, 2018 will not be counted towards the Promotion. Members who have elected to earn Travel Partner Currency in their member profile and who book and stay in accordance with the Promotion, will receive their base point earning in Travel Partner Currency with the bonus denominated in 3,000, 5,000, or 7,000 Wyndham Rewards points, respectively. The credit card associated with a member’s Visa Checkout account acts as a guarantee for the reservation(s) at the time of booking(s). Member must also present a credit card at time of check-in. Such credit card does not have to be the same credit card as the one associated with the member’s Visa Checkout account provided, however, member may not change their method of payment if their reservation(s) is pre-paid. Registrants should allow six to eight weeks after completion of stay(s) for the bonus points to be credited to their Wyndham Rewards account. This Promotion is available to Members who are residents of the U.S. or Canada (other than Quebec) and whose Wyndham Rewards accounts are in good standing. Not valid toward previous purchases. This Promotion and its terms and conditions are subject to cancellation or change without notice. Rates offered by most on-line travel agencies and certain other rates do not qualify. Void where prohibited by law. Full Wyndham Rewards program terms and conditions apply and can be found atwww.WyndhamRewards.com/terms.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by larsbutzmann
I am also still waiting on my points to post. I had a stay on January 27th.
I also made sure I kept the T&C of the promo, just in case.
May I ask when you booked that stay? I called in re: this and was told I was out of luck because I booked it after the 18th - but there is talk in the other thread of folks who had made the bookings before the 18th still being told they'll get them. If you booked it later and get a friendlier resolution than I did, I'd love to know about it.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
May I ask when you booked that stay? I called in re: this and was told I was out of luck because I booked it after the 18th - but there is talk in the other thread of folks who had made the bookings before the 18th still being told they'll get them. If you booked it later and get a friendlier resolution than I did, I'd love to know about it.
I booked the stay on Jan 25th and have two more coming up in 1 week.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:28 am

I just completed the 2 stays and received the 15k for the "Stay Twice, Get a FREE Night" promo. I don't wanna complain about the bonus points, but I wanted to use that promo later and was hoping to use the initial promo.
I will wait until the month is over before I reach out to the platinum service desk.

Has anyone had the same issue with overlapping promos?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:43 pm

I found a surprise in my account today! I got the Visa Promo points for my stay I booked on Jan 25th and completed on Jan 28th.
My other two stays didn't post yet, but the 15k two nights bonus posted instead. I will wait a few more weeks to see what happens before I reach out to the team.

Did anyone else get their Visa Promo points for stays after Jan 18th?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.