15K for 3 Stays with VISA Checkout

Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

15K for 3 Stays with VISA Checkout

Just noticed this starting today. 3K for first stay, 5K for second stay, and 7K for third stay if using VISA checkout.

That’s enough for up to 1 FREE NIGHT1. Simply book by 1/31/18 and complete up to 3 Qualified Stays by 2/28/18 to earn bonus points for each stay.That’s enough for up to 1 FREE NIGHT1. Simply book by 1/31/18 and complete up to 3 Qualified Stays by 2/28/18 to earn bonus points for each stay.

Why pay with Visa Checkout?

Enjoy faster checkout with one single sign-in and store any major credit or debit card securely. Don’t have a Visa Checkout? Sign up now.

1 15,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points are enough to redeem for one go freeSM award (free night) night. A go free award is good for 1 standard room at a participating Wyndham Rewards hotel up to room's maximum occupancy, subject to availability. Most hotels: applies to room rate only, including taxes. Alternatively, points can be redeemed for different Wyndham Rewards redemption options. Refer to Wyndhamrewards.comfor all available reward redemption values and WyndhamRewards.com/terms for the Wyndham Reward's Program full terms and conditions.

*Terms & Conditions - Visa Checkout Marketing Offer

Visa Checkout is not available for payment when a booking is made through WyndhamRewards.com.

Capitalized terms used without definition in these terms and conditions (“Promotion Terms”) will have the meanings ascribed to them in the Wyndham Rewards program terms and conditions (the “Program Terms”).

Capitalized terms used without definition in these terms and conditions (“Promotion Terms”) will have the meanings ascribed to them in the Wyndham Rewards program terms and conditions (the “Program Terms”).

To qualify for the “Visa Checkout Marketing Promotion” (the “Promotion”) and earn up to 15,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points, a Wyndham Rewards member must: (i) have or create a new Visa Checkout Account; (ii) sign into their Wyndham Rewards account; (iii) between November 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018 book a Qualified Stay at a Participating Property (the “Booking Period”); (iv) use Visa Checkout as payment for such stay; and (v) complete a Qualified Stay at such Participating Property by February 28, 2018, as so booked during the Booking Period. The period beginning on November 1, 2017 and ending on February 28, 2018 hereinafter referred to as the “Promotion Period”. If a Member does not have a Visa Checkout account at the time of booking, he/she must create an account to be eligible for this Promotion. A Visa Checkout account is free to create. Members can create an account by visiting https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/visa-checkout.html.

Each Member who books and completes a Qualified Stay in accordance with these terms and conditions will receive 3,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points for the first Qualified Stay completed during the Promotion Period, 5,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points for the second Qualified Stay completed during the Promotion Period and 7,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points for the third Qualified Stay completed during the Promotion Period, up to a maximum of a total of 15,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Stays with check-out dates after February 28, 2018 will not be counted towards the Promotion. Members who have elected to earn Travel Partner Currency in their member profile and who book and stay in accordance with the Promotion, will receive their base point earning in Travel Partner Currency with the bonus denominated in 3,000, 5,000, or 7,000 Wyndham Rewards points, respectively. The credit card associated with a member’s Visa Checkout account acts as a guarantee for the reservation(s) at the time of booking(s). Member must also present a credit card at time of check-in. Such credit card does not have to be the same credit card as the one associated with the member’s Visa Checkout account provided, however, member may not change their method of payment if their reservation(s) is pre-paid. Registrants should allow six to eight weeks after completion of stay(s) for the bonus points to be credited to their Wyndham Rewards account. This Promotion is available to Members who are residents of the U.S. or Canada (other than Quebec) and whose Wyndham Rewards accounts are in good standing. Not valid toward previous purchases. This Promotion and its terms and conditions are subject to cancellation or change without notice. Rates offered by most on-line travel agencies and certain other rates do not qualify. Void where prohibited by law. Full Wyndham Rewards program terms and conditions apply and can be found at www.WyndhamRewards.com/terms.
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:25 pm

Hooray! This has been a good year for us with Wyndham. Thanks for the post =)
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:51 pm

Interesting promotion. I'm on the fence about this one. I completed the last one; paid a little below $90 for both stays, obtained gold status and will use the points towards a $179/room (before taxes). Basically getting that room for half off, so that made sense to me at the time.

If this promo was the same stay twice get 15,000 points I'd be much more inclined to do it.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by JustDandy
Interesting promotion. I'm on the fence about this one. I completed the last one; paid a little below $90 for both stays, obtained gold status and will use the points towards a $179/room (before taxes). Basically getting that room for half off, so that made sense to me at the time.

If this promo was the same stay twice get 15,000 points I'd be much more inclined to do it.
I agree with you. I would also participate if this was 15,000 points for 2 stays.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:42 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
great promo, too bad Europeans cant participate :/
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Any experience if I can book two different hotels the same night, check in for both, and it counts as two stays? I found a $14 and $15 rate in Vegas with the $10 off app code, and I'd book a room at both hotels to earn the VISA checkout bonus and hotel stay. That's 3K (VISA checkout stay 1) + 5K (VISA checkout stay 2) + 1K (room 1) + 1K (room 2) = 10K points for $69!
Emskevin likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found this to be the confusing part:
"Visa Checkout is not available for payment when a booking is made through WyndhamRewards.com."
Indeed, you can't use Visa Checkout at WyndhamReward.com. You have to pull up the Visa Checkout promo page there, then click the "book now" button from the Visa Checkout promo page, and it takes you to brand new website (which I've never seen before) with a totally different look (and which requires a separate login) and only there can you use Visa Checkout.

And once you use Visa Checkout there's no indication on the screen that you used it (it populates the credit card you used in the normal credit card field).
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
And once you use Visa Checkout there's no indication on the screen that you used it (it populates the credit card you used in the normal credit card field).
This is the part that I don't like. It was the same way for the MasterPass promo. There's no indication on the screen that you used it! My points posted for both of my stays though. I'm thinking there may be some trigger or indication on the backend if the MasterPass or Visa Checkout was used.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:10 pm

Has anyone completed any stays and have their points post for this promo yet? I know the last one there was some time in between them posting.

As a side note, I've decided to do this offer after all. Originally my travel plans had me cutting about even, so I was on the fence. But then, the destination(s) changed a bit and the value of the promos doubled themselves in value. Calculating right around a 64% savings for 3 nights. That's worth it, for me. Will throw in my data points, once I have them!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:58 pm

Points and cash ?

Anyone know or tried for a points and cash booking and did it work?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kawoh
Anyone know or tried for a points and cash booking and did it work?
1. If you read directly above your post, you'll see that no one has reported the bonus posting on any stay yet!

2. Post 1 above has the T&C, which says you only earn on a Qualifying Stay. A Qualifying Stay (for the purpose of earning points, not for the purpose of elite status) does not include any kind of reward stay. And a points + cash stay is considered an award stay, not a paid stay, so it wouldn't be a Qualifying Stay for this promotion.

3. Visa Checkout does not work on WyndhamRewards.com. So can you even pay the cash portion of a points + cash stay with Visa Checkout? Don't you have to book a points + cash stay at WyndhamRewards.com?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:01 pm

No one has stayed with Wyndham using this promo yet? Don't see any data points posted yet.

Quick question, for anyone who may know. I have read that you can buy up to 5,000 points per year. Is that calendar year? Example: Buy 5,000 points on 12/28/2017. Then you can buy another 5,000 points on 1/1/2018. Or does it count from the time you buy a year?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by JustDandy
No one has stayed with Wyndham using this promo yet? Don't see any data points posted yet.

Quick question, for anyone who may know. I have read that you can buy up to 5,000 points per year. Is that calendar year? Example: Buy 5,000 points on 12/28/2017. Then you can buy another 5,000 points on 1/1/2018. Or does it count from the time you buy a year?
I've made 2 stays so far. One stay was 1 day into the promo, nothing posted yet.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have my first stay under the promo next week, the second stay the week after that. The third stay will be in January sometime, but the third one I haven't booked yet.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
It is probably too early, but has anyone been successful in booking this promo through a cashback portal and receive the cashback ?
(I was successful with the summer promotion).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.