Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by MelloChatt
I had that same problem too, but Wyndham Alison (on this board) put me in touch with someone from the Wyndham rewards side who could help me. I booked in February and stayed in March.
Could you share the number you call to book? what did you say? I also want to book for next year as well thanks a lot!
Old May 10, 2017, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MelloChatt
I just completed a stay at the Wyndham Clearwater Beach Resort. The "Beach Resort" side is the Club Wyndham side of the property, and the "Wyndham Grand" is the hotel side of the property. They both share the property, including pool, spa, bar, etc.
- I stayed with points, so for 15K a night I received a one-bedroom condo, full kitchen, living room, large bathroom, laundry, balcony. I think that I was the first one ever to stay in the unit.
- I don't have Wyndham status, but on the Club Wyndham side they seemed really surprised that I was staying for free, so I don't think that they would've upgraded me any further.
- The condo itself was decorated and stocked with a modern sleek feel. Lots of tile, chrome, granite... nice Henckel cutlery, good cookware, etc.
- The pool and hot tub themselves are not spectacular, and there are no resort activities, so the "Resort" label is a bit of a stretch. But the sunset view and overall feel of the pool area is really relaxing and enjoyable.
- It was beautiful, quiet, had easy access to the pier/boardwalk/beach, had no parking or resort fee (because it was on the Club Wyndham side of the property).
- It's a very child-friendly atmosphere; there were many children in the pool and hot tub (including mine). There were some spring break college kids partying pretty loudly in the pool for awhile, and security asked them to calm down.
- The front desk really wanted me to attend a timeshare presentation, but I declined, and that was the last I heard of it.
Overall this was probably one of my best point redemptions ever; 15K Wyndham points for a ~$500 / night brand new condo at the best location in Clearwater beach.

Did the condo have a washer/dryer ? What number did you call to book as this property ( and several others) are not showing up when I search today. Thanks

Last edited by flyer4512; May 10, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Old May 16, 2017, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Did the condo have a washer/dryer ? What number did you call to book as this property ( and several others) are not showing up when I search today. Thanks
1-866-370-8548 . The property is still there - here's the link ( https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...sorts&variant= ). You can't use the normal hotel search - you have to search for a condo.
Old May 16, 2017, 6:37 am

Yes, it had a washer/dryer
Old May 21, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
How does one book a wyndham resort place on points?
Old May 22, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: Wyndham
Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Could you share the number you call to book? what did you say? I also want to book for next year as well thanks a lot!
I call the Wyndham Rewards number and talk to an agent directly. They seem to be very helpful. Make sure you are very specific about looking for 1 bedrooms. Its 15,000 per bedroom per night.

See ya!
Old May 25, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

I just called and was told that the Wyndham Clearwater Beach resort does not take points for condos.

He said the property does not take rewards points at this time and they are in negotiations.

Allison can you help me out here ?

I called 1-866-370-8548
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:26 am

Anyone have experience with the Wyndham Grand side of things with Diamond status? I just got diamond through status match, and am wondering what the likelihood of getting a suite upgrade on an award stay is? Our trip in is late October, so probably not peak season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
I just stayed there for two nights as diamond. Crappy weather and cold. I arrive and am "upgraded" to a partial gulf view from intercoastal view. They told me that night they were sold out. I think they knew they were already losing money on me as I was gov't rate. My clients room was the same...upgraded to partial gulf. The next morning I ask them why no upgrade to suite and they said they were sold out. I ask again to another guy one hour later and he said they were at 25% capacity which sounded more accurate. I was eventually upgrade (for my second night) to a suite. It was basically two king rooms conjoined by a door. So two bathrooms, two closets, and two "spaces". One for bedroom and one for living room. A "lazy" way to design a suite in 2018 IMO. Overall the stay was great but I would laugh if I was ever to actually pay $500 for that "suite". I also don't appreciate being lied to on Sunday night. I think it's a crock of crap what they did. 25% capacity and I guarantee you most are diamond or even members of the hotel group.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:28 am

Does anyone know if it's still possible to book the condos with points? Does it work by calling in?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:48 am

I stayed on the condo/timeshare side in March 2018 for 2 nights on points. Just google Wyndham vacation resorts and log in. Then start looking for availability with points. It was there for a few days and then gone when I booked mine.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djwags
I stayed on the condo/timeshare side in March 2018 for 2 nights on points. Just google Wyndham vacation resorts and log in. Then start looking for availability with points. It was there for a few days and then gone when I booked mine.
How did you like it ? The property is beautiful but the pool area seems WAY too small.

We could stay in a condo but may opt to stay a few miles down the road at IHG in Indian Rocks as we love the pool. never crowded and you can bring your own drinks which will save us an easy $150/day

Originally Posted by Morkai
Does anyone know if it's still possible to book the condos with points? Does it work by calling in?
You can book them online but you have to book EARLY. We may stay here next April ( 2020) and if we do I will book the Condo the day the dates are released in April 2019 which is almost a year in advance.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:03 pm
soy

Programs: various
Just back from a points stay here. Lovely hotel. Agree the pool area is small, but they have not got much to work with in the hotel footprint. That said, we were always able to find seats at the pool even though the hotel appeared pretty full to me. Good value at 15k, but not at 30k which I expect it to go to with the devaluation. No recognition as a diamond, though I was not expecting anything (I only recently matched and had low expectations anyway. What I will say is that there were no shenanigans with trying to charge a resort fee. I had read some posts recently about Wyndham properties trying to (incorrectly) apply resort fees to GoFree stays. In fact one of the emails I got after making the booking mentioned the resort fee so I was prepared to argue......but in the end was a false alarm.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soy
Just back from a points stay here. Lovely hotel. Agree the pool area is small, but they have not got much to work with in the hotel footprint. That said, we were always able to find seats at the pool even though the hotel appeared pretty full to me. Good value at 15k, but not at 30k which I expect it to go to with the devaluation. No recognition as a diamond, though I was not expecting anything (I only recently matched and had low expectations anyway. What I will say is that there were no shenanigans with trying to charge a resort fee. I had read some posts recently about Wyndham properties trying to (incorrectly) apply resort fees to GoFree stays. In fact one of the emails I got after making the booking mentioned the resort fee so I was prepared to argue......but in the end was a false alarm.

Hopefully you used your 15K for a 1000 SF one BR condo (and not a hotel room) as resort fees and parking are always free on the condos

That place is huge, a condo side and a hotel side. It could be half empty and still appear crowded.

Starting next week until Mid April is when it will be near sold out ( and it should be warmer) so the pool will be packed.

We walked around the property in early April last year and there were no pool chairs at 10am one day ( we came back later, 2pm or so and it was a zoo and 3/4 of the pool was in the shade) so we passed on staying this year.

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 26, 2019 at 11:50 am
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:13 pm
soy

Programs: various
Hopefully you used your 15K for a 1000 SF one BR condo (and not a hotel room) as resort fees and parking are always free on the condos

That place is huge, a condo side and a hotel side. It could be half empty and still appear crowded.

Starting next week until Mid April is when it will be near sold out ( and it should be warmer) so the pool will be packed.

We walked around the property in early April last year and there were no pool chairs at 10am one day ( we came back later, 2pm or so and it was a zoo and 3/4 of the pool was in the shade) so we passed on staying this year.
Afraid not. I was on the hotel side. Condo side was not available for my dates (fixed due to school winter break) plus it was a last minute redemption. Still very happy, and weather was around 80 so no complaints there either. WR points now almost gone and do not see myself getting more with the upcoming devaluation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.