NEW Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach

Old Jan 20, 17, 6:06 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,239
NEW Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach

Opens today, looks very nice. It's about a block down from Hilton

http://www.wyndhamgrandclearwater.com/
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Jan 23, 17, 12:49 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 247
I tried for a few dates using 15k points but no availability for free nights just paid and 3k points plus $. Is that unusual?
trey is offline  
Old Jan 23, 17, 8:23 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,239
Originally Posted by trey View Post
I tried for a few dates using 15k points but no availability for free nights just paid and 3k points plus $. Is that unusual?
What dates, I put in April 1 - 4 out of curiosity and award nights showed up. That is also peak season. Points plus cash is $150



Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach

100 Coronado Drive Clearwater, FL 33767
+1-727-281-9500

Sat, 04/01/17 - Tue, 04/04/17 1 Room, 3 Nights

1 Adult, 0 Children
Check In
After 4:00 pm
Check Out
Before 11:00 am
Room Details

King Bed, Intracoastal View, Fridge, Flat Screen HDTV, Room Safe. This non-smoking Deluxe King room offers views of the Intracoastal Waterway, and features signature pillow-top bedding with decor inspired by the coastal spirit of Clearwater Beach. Each room is equipped with a 50 inch LCD TV, MP3 docking station, and a mini-refrigerator. Premium Wolfgang Puck coffee and 24-Hour in-room dining are ready to satisfy your cravings.
Deluxe King Intracoastal View
Wyndham Rewards Go Free
Cancellation & Rate Details
45,000 PTS
Total for Stay
45,000 PTS
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Jan 24, 17, 8:19 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 247
re-checked days in august i was looking at and today they are available as free nights so cool.
trey is offline  
Old Jan 24, 17, 5:47 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,239
Originally Posted by trey View Post
re-checked days in august i was looking at and today they are available as free nights so cool.
Looks like parking and resort fees are ~ $60 a day so we'll probably just take a cab vs paying for a rental and ~$30 ( $210 a week) a day to park and the rental car. Plenty to do within walking distance
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Mar 28, 17, 9:01 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 98
Wyndham Clearwater

I just completed a stay at the Wyndham Clearwater Beach Resort. The "Beach Resort" side is the Club Wyndham side of the property, and the "Wyndham Grand" is the hotel side of the property. They both share the property, including pool, spa, bar, etc.
- I stayed with points, so for 15K a night I received a one-bedroom condo, full kitchen, living room, large bathroom, laundry, balcony. I think that I was the first one ever to stay in the unit.
- I don't have Wyndham status, but on the Club Wyndham side they seemed really surprised that I was staying for free, so I don't think that they would've upgraded me any further.
- The condo itself was decorated and stocked with a modern sleek feel. Lots of tile, chrome, granite... nice Henckel cutlery, good cookware, etc.
- The pool and hot tub themselves are not spectacular, and there are no resort activities, so the "Resort" label is a bit of a stretch. But the sunset view and overall feel of the pool area is really relaxing and enjoyable.
- It was beautiful, quiet, had easy access to the pier/boardwalk/beach, had no parking or resort fee (because it was on the Club Wyndham side of the property).
- It's a very child-friendly atmosphere; there were many children in the pool and hot tub (including mine). There were some spring break college kids partying pretty loudly in the pool for awhile, and security asked them to calm down.
- The front desk really wanted me to attend a timeshare presentation, but I declined, and that was the last I heard of it.
Overall this was probably one of my best point redemptions ever; 15K Wyndham points for a ~$500 / night brand new condo at the best location in Clearwater beach.
DaveH likes this.
MelloChatt is online now  
Old Mar 28, 17, 7:28 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,239
Originally Posted by MelloChatt View Post
I just completed a stay at the Wyndham Clearwater Beach Resort. The "Beach Resort" side is the Club Wyndham side of the property, and the "Wyndham Grand" is the hotel side of the property. They both share the property, including pool, spa, bar, etc.
- I stayed with points, so for 15K a night I received a one-bedroom condo, full kitchen, living room, large bathroom, laundry, balcony. I think that I was the first one ever to stay in the unit.
- I don't have Wyndham status, but on the Club Wyndham side they seemed really surprised that I was staying for free, so I don't think that they would've upgraded me any further.
- The condo itself was decorated and stocked with a modern sleek feel. Lots of tile, chrome, granite... nice Henckel cutlery, good cookware, etc.
- The pool and hot tub themselves are not spectacular, and there are no resort activities, so the "Resort" label is a bit of a stretch. But the sunset view and overall feel of the pool area is really relaxing and enjoyable.
- It was beautiful, quiet, had easy access to the pier/boardwalk/beach, had no parking or resort fee (because it was on the Club Wyndham side of the property).
- It's a very child-friendly atmosphere; there were many children in the pool and hot tub (including mine). There were some spring break college kids partying pretty loudly in the pool for awhile, and security asked them to calm down.
- The front desk really wanted me to attend a timeshare presentation, but I declined, and that was the last I heard of it.
Overall this was probably one of my best point redemptions ever; 15K Wyndham points for a ~$500 / night brand new condo at the best location in Clearwater beach.
When I look at the free rooms they seem like hotel rooms, not condos.


2 Queen Bed, Intracoastal View, Fridge, Flat Screen HDTV, Room Safe. This non-smoking Deluxe Double Queen room offers views of
the Intracoastal Waterway, and features signature pillow-top bedding with decor inspired by the coastal spirit of Clearwater Beach. Each room is equipped with a 50 inch LCD TV, MP3 docking station, and a mini-refrigerator. Premium Wolfgang Puck coffee and 24-Hour in-room dining are ready to satisfy your cravings
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 17, 8:36 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
When I look at the free rooms they seem like hotel rooms, not condos.


2 Queen Bed, Intracoastal View, Fridge, Flat Screen HDTV, Room Safe. This non-smoking Deluxe Double Queen room offers views of
the Intracoastal Waterway, and features signature pillow-top bedding with decor inspired by the coastal spirit of Clearwater Beach. Each room is equipped with a 50 inch LCD TV, MP3 docking station, and a mini-refrigerator. Premium Wolfgang Puck coffee and 24-Hour in-room dining are ready to satisfy your cravings
Yes, if you go through the Wyndham hotel site. But with Wyndham rewards you can also redeem for Club Wyndham condos (15,000 points per bedroom) by calling them. Check out the details for Wyndham Clearwater Beach resort and other properties at https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...sorts&variant=
MelloChatt is online now  
Old Mar 29, 17, 1:18 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,239
Originally Posted by MelloChatt View Post
Yes, if you go through the Wyndham hotel site. But with Wyndham rewards you can also redeem for Club Wyndham condos (15,000 points per bedroom) by calling them. Check out the details for Wyndham Clearwater Beach resort and other properties at https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...sorts&variant=
Nice info, thanks. I see a lot of areas where we would use a condo

Did your room have a balcony

Last edited by flyer4512; Mar 29, 17 at 1:25 pm
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 17, 2:28 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
Nice info, thanks. I see a lot of areas where we would use a condo

Did your room have a balcony
Yes - all of the condo side rooms had a balcony. They do not face the ocean directly - they're either face the pool or the Hyatt next door. Either way you can see the ocean, but I think that a balcony on the pool side is probably the better view because you can see the pier too. It's probably the opposite on the hotel side - over there facing away from the pool is probably the better pier view.
MelloChatt is online now  
Old Mar 29, 17, 4:45 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,239
Originally Posted by MelloChatt View Post
Yes - all of the condo side rooms had a balcony. They do not face the ocean directly - they're either face the pool or the Hyatt next door. Either way you can see the ocean, but I think that a balcony on the pool side is probably the better view because you can see the pier too. It's probably the opposite on the hotel side - over there facing away from the pool is probably the better pier view.
I can't believe I never saw the condo option and was blowing 75K for 5 nights in Ft Myers Beach

Last edited by flyer4512; May 25, 17 at 1:57 pm
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 17, 7:44 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
I just booked 3 nights next March in Clear water and 9 nights in a condo in Hawaii for April 2018

I can't believe I never saw the condo option and was blowing 75K for 5 nights in Ft Myers Beach
Yes - the condo angle is a huge sweet spot.

There are more redemption "per-bedroom"options listed at
https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ondos&variant=
and
https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...tages&variant=
and
https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...rties&variant=

Wyndham also owns Dolce and some other high end international chains that don't show up on the hotel search - I haven't tried to redeem there yet.
MelloChatt is online now  
Old Mar 30, 17, 1:05 pm
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,239
I received this today, I may cancel my 3 night stay, get my 45K back and pick up 15K wyndham pints and the $100 cert for $299

Florida Sun & Fun is on the Horizon
Plan your next getaway to one of America’s best beaches — Clearwater Beach, Florida — with stays starting at $249! Experience sandy shores, sparkling waters and breezy afternoons in this Gulf Coast paradise.

Don’t delay. Book your Clearwater package where you could enjoy accommodations at our proposed future CLUB WYNDHAM Plus property, Wyndham Clearwater Beach Resort. Please see Offer Details below.

Choose a 3-day/2-night package for $249 OR a 4-day/3-night package for $299.

Your CLUB WYNDHAM getaway includes:


2 or 3 nights' accommodations at Wyndham Clearwater Beach Resort or local area hotel rated 3 stars or higher.


A “Spend A Night On Us” rebate coupon worth up to $100 for a one-night stay at any Wyndham Hotel Group property. Full details and redemption instructions will be provided on your rebate coupon. Additional Restrictions below.


15,000 Wyndham Rewards points. That’s enough for a go freeSM award, getting you a FREE night per bedroom at any Wyndham Rewards hotel, home and condo.* See Offer Details below.

The retail value of getaways ranges from $398-$4,750.

Book Your Clearwater Beach Getaway Today!
877-393-8405



Offer Details: You and your partner, if married or cohabitating, must attend a 120-minute timeshare sales presentation. Please view our Terms and Conditions to see if you meet the minimum eligibility requirements.

Some areas of the proposed future CLUB WYNDHAM Plus property, Wyndham Clearwater Beach Resort, may be under construction during your stay
flyer4512 is offline  
Old Apr 7, 17, 9:42 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 410
FYI, tried to book condo side of hotel, was told not open for booking. Only Wyndham Grand
cdoobiest is offline  
Old Apr 11, 17, 8:30 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 98
Originally Posted by cdoobiest View Post
FYI, tried to book condo side of hotel, was told not open for booking. Only Wyndham Grand
I had that same problem too, but Wyndham Alison (on this board) put me in touch with someone from the Wyndham rewards side who could help me. I booked in February and stayed in March.
MelloChatt is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread