Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Recurring Wyndham Tech-related Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recurring Wyndham Tech-related Issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Question Recurring Wyndham Tech-related Issues

Didn't look like there was an ongoing thread anywhere to address these sorts of issues, of which I have already encountered several as a new Wyndham Rewards member.

I'm an IHG loyalist, so while I'm used to tech-related issues for any given promotion, I'm fairly accustomed to being able to make reward bookings online, reliably see all of my future bookings in one place, and not be subject things like main website outages and unauthorized cancellation of award bookings...all of which I have personally experienced today.

For starters, on the main site today, while I could reliably determine availability for an award stay, once I would selected a room type and clicked to accept the terms and reserve, it errored out with the message "reservation not found." The error message itself is frustrating since I'm attempting to make a reservation, not locate an existing one.

So, I called in. 30 minutes later, I had a confirmation number and was satisfied that I at least achieved what I had set out to do. I checked my account on the app, and saw that the points had been deducted and that the reservation showed in "upcoming stays" (a feature that the main website still lacks). However, when I clicked the reservation to see the details, it would error out, stating, "Reservation not found." This certainly inspired confidence. Also of note, the confirmation # provided to me by the phone rep. was wildly different from that displaying in the app. Great.

Beginning to grow immune to the glitches, I set the whole matter aside. When I came back to the app hours later, I was surprised to see that my points balance was back where I started pre-reservation. Yet, my reservation still showed under future reservations. Bank error in my favor? Sadly, I would learn that this was not the case. But again, not without more struggle than necessary. Due to the limited functionality of the app (no ability to view point activity be line item), I was forced to look elsewhere to learn what the heck happened transaction-wise with my points. I headed back to the full site to find out. Whereupon, I saw the line item transaction list that I desired, and I also saw that the reason for the redeposit of my points was because my award was CANCELLED. Note, I did NOT cancel this booking. More frustratingly, I could not verify if the original booking still shows as valid or canceled within Wyndham's systems, due to the aforementioned issue with clicking the reservation in the app, coupled with the fact that NEITHER the confirmation number provided by the phone rep, nor the different confirmation number provided in the app leads to ANY reservation in the main site ("reservation not found").

Intersperse several instances of the Wyndham main site simply crashing with an error message asking me to come back later, and the intrigue is only raised further.

Is anyone else experiencing extreme difficulty with award bookings using Wyndham app/site?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:51 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
These seem to be pretty typical. I also encountered:
- hotel shows go fast/go free award availability, but when you click through the rate is not available
- no confirmation email on about 30% of reservations
- confirmed reservation can't be found in system and has to be redone
- cancelling a reward reservation takes multiple attempts/calls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.