Wiki Posts
Search

vanishing Go Fast awards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
vanishing Go Fast awards

Is it me or are Go Fast awards disappearing at Wyndham properties almost across the board?

When the new program was first announced, there were lots of options for booking hotels at the Go Fast rate.

I signed up for Wyndham's recent promotion and earned enough miles to book one hotel night at the Go Fast rate. But now when I search, I can't find places offering the points-and-cash option, even at ones that were available before. Even if I book months in advance, I'm finding no availability.

I just did a search for a November weeknight in Los Angeles and of 84 hotels, NOT ONE shows Go Fast as an option.

Am I doing something wrong or have Wyndham hotels wholesale opted out of the Go Fast program?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by GretelNick
Is it me or are Go Fast awards disappearing at Wyndham properties almost across the board?

When the new program was first announced, there were lots of options for booking hotels at the Go Fast rate.

I signed up for Wyndham's recent promotion and earned enough miles to book one hotel night at the Go Fast rate. But now when I search, I can't find places offering the points-and-cash option, even at ones that were available before. Even if I book months in advance, I'm finding no availability.

I just did a search for a November weeknight in Los Angeles and of 84 hotels, NOT ONE shows Go Fast as an option.

Am I doing something wrong or have Wyndham hotels wholesale opted out of the Go Fast program?
Not just you. I've noticed this same thing across different dates and geographic locations. I know several were available shortly after May 11th, but not so much any more. I wouldn't say it's "across the board" but it seems like the majority of properties are opting out of Go Fast.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:57 am
Original Poster

This is extremely disappointing.

I like Wyndham's move to develop its membership rewards program, and I think it's a good strategy to get people to book directly rather than through third-party travel sites.

But this points-and-cash pillar of the program seems to be crumbling, with the vast majority of properties opting out.

I made an effort to earn Wyndham points on my last hotel stay, and now it seems that my incentive for doing so has gone down.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:05 pm

I even applied for the new Wyndham card because of the flat rate awards and the C&P option... thanks for letting us know that getting a hotel on the go fast awards is few and far between
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:29 pm

Yes, I too noticed that GoFast awards that appeared for a handful of properties I was looking at for next spring are now gone.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: IHG, American airlines , BA club and others
I've noticed the same thing. I was looking at a few properties that were showing GoFast rate just a few weeks ago. Well, now, they are not available. This program is very unstable.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:25 pm

I stayed at a property in Santa Cruz in June using Go Fast program and got 7cents/point in value. I thought this is awesome !

And today the same property and many others doesn't offer Go Fast

This sucks
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:53 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Please keep in mind, not all Wyndham Rewards Hotels participate in the go fast Award Program. They have the option to opt in or out at any time.

Originally Posted by GretelNick

Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:57 pm

I think the issue is that the vast majority are opting out, making the whole 3,000 point thing a waste. I know I am a new Wyndham Rewards customer and even have the Wyndham card, and I'm already discouraged by the lack of point options and very low value. I was literally looking for another hotel card right now as I'm not sure how much true value there will be for me long term.

Found a hotel in St. Louis, the go fast option was 3k points and $75 a night. Or, I could just pay and it is $88. Wow, saves me $13, gee thanks. One area l had 29 hotels come up and only 2 had the go fast option. My top four choices are unavailable for go free. Sigh.

Anyone know how quickly the points expire, it may take me a while to use them all at this rate! Now checking other chains for my trips.

EDIT - If I use my card from time to time it will generate points, will that keep my account active and keep points from expiring?

Last edited by SlowDown; Jul 20, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: IHG, American airlines , BA club and others
@SlowDown Unless they changed the policy, Wyndham points expire after 18 months of inactivity and 4 years overall. So, there is no way to save the points once they sit around for 4 years, but if you use your card occasionally, you should be fine up untill that point.
I don't know how many Wyndham points you have at the moment, but IMO they are best used for expensive properties, not those that go for $88 per night. It's not that it's wrong to burn them on those, you'll just get a much better return elsewhere. Doctor of Credit blog has put together a list of some very nice hotels that currently go for 15,000 points per night http://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-w...-a-free-night/ I hope it's OK to link to it? If not, Mods, feel free to remove it. It's not my blog an I have no incentive to link to the post.
Anyway, if your vacation plans match up, those places are where you would want to burn your points. I'm going to stay at Wyndham Grand Rio Mar in Puerto Rico in March. We got a Jr. Suite that goes for $439 per night for only 15,000 points. There are some beachfront properties in Florida as well. You need to be flexible, as some hotels pull availability now and again. It's an odd program, for sure, but there are sweet spots. I hope you can leverage your points for something nice. How this helps!
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by milesforfamily
@SlowDown Unless they changed the policy, Wyndham points expire after 18 months of inactivity and 4 years overall. So, there is no way to save the points once they sit around for 4 years, but if you use your card occasionally, you should be fine up untill that point.
I don't know how many Wyndham points you have at the moment, but IMO they are best used for expensive properties, not those that go for $88 per night. It's not that it's wrong to burn them on those, you'll just get a much better return elsewhere. Doctor of Credit blog has put together a list of some very nice hotels that currently go for 15,000 points per night http://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-w...-a-free-night/ I hope it's OK to link to it? If not, Mods, feel free to remove it. It's not my blog an I have no incentive to link to the post.
Anyway, if your vacation plans match up, those places are where you would want to burn your points. I'm going to stay at Wyndham Grand Rio Mar in Puerto Rico in March. We got a Jr. Suite that goes for $439 per night for only 15,000 points. There are some beachfront properties in Florida as well. You need to be flexible, as some hotels pull availability now and again. It's an odd program, for sure, but there are sweet spots. I hope you can leverage your points for something nice. How this helps!
Thank you very much for the point info, I'm sure I'll get use out of them faster than 4 years easily but I wanted to be sure.

I was not considering using points for an $88 property by any means, it was just a hotel that was high up in a search I did and I could not believe how little value the points had at that location and it made me laugh that they even offered it!

I am searching the properties for a few good places to use my points at, I'm no world traveler unfortunately but there are still plenty of neat places I'd like to go see and a free stay will help me afford the trip more easily for sure. Still learning, but I also now have two other hotel cards to hit my spend on, Wyndham will be the lowest in importance for me now though still a good option.

I did get over 9,000 points so far with my fist two days stay, and I'll have more coming when the card posts its points. Not bad for a small stay!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:14 am
Original Poster

I take back everything I said about vanishing availability.

I'm finding good rewards availability largely across the board at many of the properties I'm trying to stay at (including over the Labor Day holiday weekend).

I'm not sure what I was doing wrong at the time I made this original post... maybe it was just a temporary website glitch at the time I was looking. It seems if properties are opting out of the program, it's not that many.

I'm back to being a big fan of the new Wyndham Rewards program.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I can only really find the 15,000 point redemption option. The Cash + points is maybe available on 1 out of 20 or 30 hotels.

Some of the cash + points options are ridiculous too. Example -- normal price $100 -- Cash + Points price -- $85 + 3,000 points.

EDIT: Whoah! Holy Cow. I just searched Chicago and you are right! Last night all this stuff wasn't there!

Last edited by pwd847; Aug 20, 2015 at 2:14 pm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Available
Average nightly rate from
53.99 USD 45.89 USD
Wyndham Rewards
GO FREE 15,000PTS
GO FAST
3,000PTS + 45USD
CHECK RATES
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pwd847
Available
Average nightly rate from
53.99 USD 45.89 USD
Wyndham Rewards
GO FREE 15,000PTS
GO FAST
3,000PTS + 45USD
CHECK RATES
Sure, but rates vary depending on demand and season. On a holiday weekend or during college graduation or during a music festival, that very same room could be $154. The ability to book that room at 3,000 + $45 is a fantastic option.

I really appreciate having the option to pay outright and earn points when I want, and use a small amount of points and pay that co-pay when I want. Wyndham is giving choices and if one option seems so much better than the other, you're free to take it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.