Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using points an All-Inclusive resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using points an All-Inclusive resorts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:54 am

Does anyone know when or how the all inclusive resorts are released for reward stays? The availability is very spotting. So is the cash prices but less so then for award stays. This is in regards to the Playa del Carmen hotels in particular.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:48 pm

Here is the website to the Viva Wyndham All-inclusive brand. http://vivaresorts.com/
It doesn't mention this anywhere that I have seen but many require a 3 night min stay. This may be why it has been difficult to search for awards. Hope this helps!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:50 pm

Forgot to mention that they added 2 adult only Viva Wyndham resorts in the Dominican republic. I hope they expand these to other beach resort locations as well!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:47 pm

I found the solution (i hope) to finding availability at these all inclusive resorts. Use this website http://vivaresorts.com/ to do a mock reservation at the location and dates you want. It will actually show you a calendar of available dates! With this information handy, you can go to the Wyndham Rewards reservation website to book those dates.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:44 am

Angry $182 per day for extra guest at Viva Wyndham Azteca!!!

made a reservation for next year Spring break yesterday using points, got an email from a reservations agent asking child's age(16 yo), then he said that "

As per the wyndham rewards policy, the maximun occupancy is 2 adults, so there is an extra pax rate difference that must to pay of $182.00 per night.

"

has anyone got this kind of message/email? and how to handle it? Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:05 pm

I was told 4 before. But I have 4 year olds.
Old May 15, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215
made a reservation for next year Spring break yesterday using points, got an email from a reservations agent asking child's age(16 yo), then he said that "

As per the wyndham rewards policy, the maximun occupancy is 2 adults, so there is an extra pax rate difference that must to pay of $182.00 per night.

"

has anyone got this kind of message/email? and how to handle it? Thanks
I got the same email and they want $27 per night for my 5 year old. Is this new? I read someone's review from January 2017 that there were no surcharges for kids.
Old May 16, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by babypuwet
I got the same email and they want $27 per night for my 5 year old. Is this new? I read someone's review from January 2017 that there were no surcharges for kids.

i was told the same. have a stay coming up during thanksgiving with wife and two kids (11 and <2yo).
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:20 am

Is it confirmed by Wyndham that extra guests above 2 will be charged additional fees? Any recent DP? Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by junks2010
Is it confirmed by Wyndham that extra guests above 2 will be charged additional fees? Any recent DP? Thanks.
Me, my SO, and my child recently stayed at the Wyndham Viva Maya Playa Del Carmen on points (7/28-8/6). I was not charged extra for my 6 year-old. They did email me sometime in February shortly after I had made the reservation to confirm my child's age.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by eknock007
Me, my SO, and my child recently stayed at the Wyndham Viva Maya Playa Del Carmen on points (7/28-8/6). I was not charged extra for my 6 year-old. They did email me sometime in February shortly after I had made the reservation to confirm my child's age.

That's good to know. Thank for the DP. Most importantly how was your stay?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
That's good to know. Thank for the DP. Most importantly how was your stay?
On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate it as an 8. We went there with not so high expectations considering some of the reviews on TripAdvisor.

The grounds are well kept, but the rooms at least the one we were staying in looked dated (but who goes to Playa Del Carmen to hang out in a room). Although we did have a room that was near the beach. There is no mini bar in your room. So if you want any kind of drink you have to go to one of the restaurants or bars. Also the water in the bathroom seemed salty at times. Definitely not drinkable.

The weather cooperated with mostly sunny and hot days. A couple of days it rained all of sudden but cleared within an hour. The beach in front of the hotel at least the first five or six days was relatively free of seaweed. But the last 3 days we were there it seemed to be all over the place. So we would just walk down the beach and find a spot that looked cleaner and clear.

We didn't like the A la carte restaurants, but surprisingly we enjoyed most of offerings at the buffet restaurant. Even though this is considered a Wyndham Time Share property, it seemed that the vast majority of people that were there had either paid for the room or used points. We were never approached to attend their time share presentation. Time Share owners wear a yellow bracelet, everyone else was wearing a blue or gray bracelet. There were seperate small areas in the Buffet restaurant and on the beach designated for TS owners, but we never had a hard time finding a place to sit. You'll see a lot of Europeans (primarily Germans and Italians) and South Americans this time of the year, and a few French Canadians.

Overall we were pleasantly surprise by the service and what they offered, especially the Kids Club were my daughter would spend most of her afternoons with other kids doing stuff around the resort.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:23 pm

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate it as an 8. We went there with not so high expectations considering some of the reviews on TripAdvisor.

The grounds are well kept, but the rooms at least the one we were staying in looked dated (but who goes to Playa Del Carmen to hang out in a room). Although we did have a room that was near the beach. There is no mini bar in your room. So if you want any kind of drink you have to go to one of the restaurants or bars. Also the water in the bathroom seemed salty at times. Definitely not drinkable.

The weather cooperated with mostly sunny and hot days. A couple of days it rained all of sudden but cleared within an hour. The beach in front of the hotel at least the first five or six days was relatively free of seaweed. But the last 3 days we were there it seemed to be all over the place. So we would just walk down the beach and find a spot that looked cleaner and clear.

We didn't like the A la carte restaurants, but surprisingly we enjoyed most of offerings at the buffet restaurant. Even though this is considered a Wyndham Time Share property, it seemed that the vast majority of people that were there had either paid for the room or used points. We were never approached to attend their time share presentation. Time Share owners wear a yellow bracelet, everyone else was wearing a blue or gray bracelet. There were seperate small areas in the Buffet restaurant and on the beach designated for TS owners, but we never had a hard time finding a place to sit. You'll see a lot of Europeans (primarily Germans and Italians) and South Americans this time of the year, and a few French Canadians.

Overall we were pleasantly surprise by the service and what they offered, especially the Kids Club were my daughter would spend most of her afternoons with other kids doing stuff around the resort.

Thanks for a great detailed review of the property! I was surprised to hear the rating of 8 out of 10. Also, it is good to know that you found food at a buffet was decent. I didn't know they had a place for kids. This is very useful information and I am willing to try the property near future.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:19 am

Thank you for the DP.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:35 pm

just curious. I checked availability for all-inclusive properties and found nothing. Is this something that I can't book online?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.