Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using points an All-Inclusive resorts

Old May 10, 2015, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Do we have any stats yet on using Wyndham rewards points at all-inclusive resorts?

Would like to take my family of four to the Azteca resort. Would the 15k point redemption be valid for 2 adults and two kids?
Old May 11, 2015, 7:13 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Wyndham Rewards points can only be redeemed for Wyndham Hotels and our other core brands.

Originally Posted by longleaf
Do we have any stats yet on using Wyndham rewards points at all-inclusive resorts?

Would like to take my family of four to the Azteca resort. Would the 15k point redemption be valid for 2 adults and two kids?
Old May 11, 2015, 12:44 pm

Not sure what is going on here....

I called Wyndham today as I had the same question and was told by customer service if you book a room using points at an all inclusive it includes everything and up to four people in a room if that is allowed
Old May 11, 2015, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Wyndham Rewards points can only be redeemed for Wyndham Hotels and our other core brands.
Are you saying that Viva Resorts are not considered a core brand? I was told that the only exclusions were Planet Hollywood and Dolce properties and Dolce properties will be bookable some time this year.

To answer the OP, you should be able to use points to book for however many people the max occupancy is. I think two adults + two kids should be possible, but I'd like to see somebody confirm as well.
Old May 12, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: IHG, American airlines , BA club and others
@Doctor of Credit When you do a search for all-inclusive Wyndham property in Freeport, it lets you book a room for 2 adults+2 kids. I didn't see any extra charges listed, just flat 15,000 points per night. I haven't called the property and don't actually plan to go there, but it appears to be possible. Could be a deal in high season. The property does appear rather basic, but it's beachfront, so spring rates are very high.
Old May 12, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by milesforfamily
@Doctor of Credit When you do a search for all-inclusive Wyndham property in Freeport, it lets you book a room for 2 adults+2 kids. I didn't see any extra charges listed, just flat 15,000 points per night. I haven't called the property and don't actually plan to go there, but it appears to be possible. Could be a deal in high season. The property does appear rather basic, but it's beachfront, so spring rates are very high.
I also saw rooms for $35 and 3000 points also at same property. Room rate is around $300 so a decent deal also...
Old May 12, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: IHG, American airlines , BA club and others
@Sargenet Wow! Pretty sure it's a fluke. When I searched, it returned 3,000 points+$309 I wonder if it is a mistake and they loaded it incorrectly. Could be quite a deal for those with a ton of Wyndham points. I don't have any yet since I just applied for their card, but it would be tempting to redeem 9,000 Avios (per person) from Miami to get there. Pretty sure they will fix this in a near future.
Old May 14, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: American, Delta, United
I tried to book the Dominicus Beach resort today for 3 paid nights and 2 free nights. After 1 hour and 42 minutes on the phone (I spoke with 5 reps) I finally gave up. No free nights!
Old May 14, 2015, 2:19 pm

May I also add that the Wyndham rewards computer crashed once during the lengthy phone conversation. At one point during the phone call the rep I was talking with informed me that Wyndham did not have any facilities in the Dominican Republic. I was not impressed!
Old May 14, 2015, 3:00 pm

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience when calling us. If for whatever reason an agent is not able to assist you with booking a reservation, and is unable to give a valid reason, please ask to speak with an account supervisor. They may be able to be of more assistance.

Originally Posted by agape2travel
May I also add that the Wyndham rewards computer crashed once during the lengthy phone conversation. At one point during the phone call the rep I was talking with informed me that Wyndham did not have any facilities in the Dominican Republic. I was not impressed!
Old May 14, 2015, 3:17 pm

Thanks for replying

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience when calling us. If for whatever reason an agent is not able to assist you with booking a reservation, and is unable to give a valid reason, please ask to speak with an account supervisor. They may be able to be of more assistance.
Thanks for replying. Please clear up a question. Today I tried to book the Dominicus Beach location for 3 paid nights and 2 free nights. I was not able to book the free nights and after the lengthy call I gave up. Should the system allow a rep to book the free nights for me?
Old May 14, 2015, 4:35 pm

Thanks for replying. Please clear up a question. Today I tried to book the Dominicus Beach location for 3 paid nights and 2 free nights. I was not able to book the free nights and after the lengthy call I gave up. Should the system allow a rep to book the free nights for me?
Wyndham Reward 2 was online for about 35 minutes after I posted the above question. Since I did not get a reply to the question, I have sent a message to Wyndham Reward 2. When I receive a reply I will share the info. At this moment I don't believe the all inclusive resorts are included in the 15,000 per night offer.
Old May 15, 2015, 4:39 am

As of Friday morning I still have no official word from Wyndham. Talking to the phone reps only gives conflicting statements. Three have said I should be able to book 3 paid nights and 2 free nights and 5 have said no. I'm still hoping to secure the booking I want. If I ever get written word I will share the info.
Old May 15, 2015, 4:59 am

I apologize for the confusion. Wyndham all inclusive resorts do not participate in Wyndham Rewards. If you need further assistance, you can call Wyndham Rewards Member Service at 1-866-996-7937

As of Friday morning I still have no official word from Wyndham. Talking to the phone reps only gives conflicting statements. Three have said I should be able to book 3 paid nights and 2 free nights and 5 have said no. I'm still hoping to secure the booking I want. If I ever get written word I will share the info.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:34 am

Thank You!

I apologize for the confusion. Wyndham all inclusive resorts do not participate in Wyndham Rewards. If you need further assistance, you can call Wyndham Rewards Member Service at 1-866-996-7937
Thank you for clearing up this question. The first two reps told me I could book 3 paid and 2 free but they could not (after trying for a long time). The next 2 reps said no but I was then transferred to 1 that said it should work. The next 3 said no.

I'm now looking at booking the 5 nights at one of your hotels in Orlando.

Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.