Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:14 am

If you check different dates out be very careful when you confirm your reservation that it gives you the right date.

I thought I was reserving a room for Sept 8, but noticed when I clicked submit that it actually booked Sept 7.

I went back and re-entered Sept 8 - and the page clearly said Sept 8, but when I clicked on the button to reserve the room, it said Sept 7.

I tried Sept 9, and once again, the page stated Sept 9, but when I clicked through, it was reserving a room on Sept 7 again.

I had to close down the site and clear my cookies before it actually gave me the dates I was trying to book.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:46 am
soy

Programs: various
datapoint - emailed for link, reply 1 week later, no dice, only for targeted members
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:32 am

Question No points, no bonus

Hi Guys,

I wanted to try to get in on this promotion, as I did receive the email containing the link.

I clicked through the email and reserved a night at a qualifying hotel. I was "unable to show up" that night, 8/19, but my CC was billed. So far in my Wyndham Rewards account the stay showed up, but it was given 0 points for the stay. It has a little <information> graphic which states this was a Non-Qualified Stay. Why would this be? It certainly was a qualified stay.

So I haven't been given any points, any bonus points, or the 16000 I expected.

Anyone ever have an actual qualified stay show up as "non-qualifying"?

-WT
Old Aug 24, 2012, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

May I ask at which property?

Originally Posted by WaterTree
Hi Guys,

I wanted to try to get in on this promotion, as I did receive the email containing the link.

I clicked through the email and reserved a night at a qualifying hotel. I was "unable to show up" that night, 8/19, but my CC was billed. So far in my Wyndham Rewards account the stay showed up, but it was given 0 points for the stay. It has a little <information> graphic which states this was a Non-Qualified Stay. Why would this be? It certainly was a qualified stay.

So I haven't been given any points, any bonus points, or the 16000 I expected.

Anyone ever have an actual qualified stay show up as "non-qualifying"?

-WT
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:44 am

Just as an extra data point, since I have not seen any posts in this thread yet that anyone has had their 16k points credited: I was targeted for this offer, clicked through the email link, had a stay from 8/10-8/11 (I actually checked in in person), and have NOT yet received the 16k points.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: Not care as much as before...
Similar promotion later this year? and indeed targeted, from their reply

"Hello ***,
Thank you for contacting us about Wyndham RewardsŪ.

Please accept my apology for the delayed reply to your e-mail. We are currently experiencing a higher than normal e-mail volume.

I regret to advise that for the Revere Promotion, the emails were sent to random selected members and we are unable to resend the link. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Please be advised that we will have a similar promotion later in the year where you can take advantage of the offer.

If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at 1-866-996-7937 or via email at [email protected]. Our Member Services hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 11:00 pm EST or Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST.

Sincerely,"
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
None here either. I've had a second stay post with profile set to points and while the regular points posted there isn't any 16k bonus.

In my update email there is the little promo add for the free night in the middle left and I clicked through it to get to the hotel reservation page.

Yes, not 16k bonus

Originally Posted by scottdunlop
I have also clicked through the email, had 3 stays done, and have just the regular miles post (within 3-4 days) ... no bonus miles yet.

I went as far as to call into the Rewards # and have a CSR note my account, since as you've said, there is no confirmation anywhere that this has been tracked properly.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by midcitybeth
My no show points posted, days after checkout, but no bonus, I will follow up with a timeline if/when they do.
I thought you said they cancelled your no show reservation and there was no charge to your credit card. Are you saying that even without paying, they gave you points for a no show stay? Which hotel was that?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:47 pm

oops, sorry, i tried again and it worked this time, omaha location. no bonus yet!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
What browser is everyone using? I had issues with mozilla and getting credited from Aadvantage shopping portal. Either that or we have to wait 4 to 6 weeks
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:57 pm

Same as above, my stay points have posted, but no 16,000 point bonus yet.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
I'm staying at a Hawthorn tonight. Asked the attendant and she was able to confirm the free night rate was listed on my account. So hopefully it just takes a little longer than expected
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:30 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by ssoonngg123
Please be advised that we will have a similar promotion later in the year where you can take advantage of the offer....
That may also mean double dipping for some of us.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:49 am

This was at the Hoffman Estates in Chicago.

-WT
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks.

We may need to make a list of properties to get points for no shows.
Originally Posted by WaterTree
This was at the Hoffman Estates in Chicago.

-WT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.