Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by abraham andrew
Im not sure that rate is eligible for the 16k, correct me if im wrong?
No idea, we've had 0 clarification from Wyndham.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
My Mother just booked the AARP rate and was concerned that it would not qualify. She called Wyndham to confirm that it was an eligible rate. The CSR said that the rate was eligible to earn points. If it is eligible to earn points, it should qualify for the 16,000 point bonus.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by KathinJax
My Mother just booked the AARP rate and was concerned that it would not qualify. She called Wyndham to confirm that it was an eligible rate. The CSR said that the rate was eligible to earn points. If it is eligible to earn points, it should qualify for the 16,000 point bonus.
I don't trust that Wyndham CSRs have any clue what's going on.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:59 am

so has anyone's 16k points posted yet?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Got a few questions

I payed $78 for a stay at hoffman estates sdn followed the email link.
received 395 points instead of 10x points, anyone else see this?

No stay has posted also towards my 4x summer promo, does it just not update very quickly. Or can we not double dip?

Are we eligible for the 1000 pt promo for going to a new hotel ?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by phdtomd
Got a few questions

I payed $78 for a stay at hoffman estates sdn followed the email link.
received 395 points instead of 10x points, anyone else see this?

No stay has posted also towards my 4x summer promo, does it just not update very quickly. Or can we not double dip?

Are we eligible for the 1000 pt promo for going to a new hotel ?
4x starts with 2nd stay
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:32 am

Apparently in dec 2010, Hawthorne gives 5x not 10x

Last edited by phdtomd; Aug 31, 2012 at 10:34 am Reason: Looked it up
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by abraham andrew
Im not sure that rate is eligible for the 16k, correct me if im wrong?
I would think it would qualify. I have received points, and qualified for other promotions, for stays in which I paid AARP or Government rates. So they should count as qualifying rates for the promotion.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 1:33 pm

Has anyone at all who got the email, booked through the link in the email and completed a stay received their 16K bonus points? If so, what rate did you pay?
Old Sep 2, 2012, 3:41 pm

I completed my second stay over the weekend.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by dldkjones
Has anyone at all who got the email, booked through the link in the email and completed a stay received their 16K bonus points? If so, what rate did you pay?
I was told that it would take the full 6-8 weeks before they post.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: UAL,BA,DL,AA,SPG, PC,HH Gold
Another data point...

Another data point at HAWTHORN SUITES BY WYNDHAM ORLANDO ALTAMONTE SPRINGS:

Booked a STATE Gov Rate (I'm a state employee) on 8/31 and did a no-show, had my point earning preference set to United Miles, the stay was posted on 9/1 with 0 points with a notation that it is a non-qualifying rate. I have checked my United account and no mile from the hotel has been posted. Prior to this, I have inquired if STATE GOV rate qualifies for points and promo points earning, and the answer given (by both hotel and Wyndham CSR) is "Yes". I called the hotel to inquire the "non-qualifying stay" notation, and was told to call Wyndham Rewards. They confirmed that all GOV rates are qualifying rates.

So I will have to call Wyndham Rewards tomorrow (they are closed for Labor Day) to sort out this issue...
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by southfl
Another data point at HAWTHORN SUITES BY WYNDHAM ORLANDO ALTAMONTE SPRINGS:

Booked a STATE Gov Rate (I'm a state employee) on 8/31 and did a no-show, had my point earning preference set to United Miles, the stay was posted on 9/1 with 0 points with a notation that it is a non-qualifying rate. I have checked my United account and no mile from the hotel has been posted. Prior to this, I have inquired if STATE GOV rate qualifies for points and promo points earning, and the answer given (by both hotel and Wyndham CSR) is "Yes". I called the hotel to inquire the "non-qualifying stay" notation, and was told to call Wyndham Rewards. They confirmed that all GOV rates are qualifying rates.

So I will have to call Wyndham Rewards tomorrow (they are closed for Labor Day) to sort out this issue...
I am pretty sure its because you no showed. Every night they go through the list of people
That didnt check in and mark them as no shows
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: UAL,BA,DL,AA,SPG, PC,HH Gold
Originally Posted by phdtomd
I am pretty sure its because you no showed. Every night they go through the list of people
That didnt check in and mark them as no shows
My credit card got charged for that night though... and the stay got posted, even though it was posted as "non-qualifying stay" with 0 points. If it is a "non-qualifying stay", I'm afraid it's not eligible for bonus points earning....
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by southfl
My credit card got charged for that night though... and the stay got posted, even though it was posted as "non-qualifying stay" with 0 points. If it is a "non-qualifying stay", I'm afraid it's not eligible for bonus points earning....
Interesting, I had a no show as well, but only because I put the wrong date. Mine wasnt a special rate and I didnt get charged. I think you are right. Definantly give them a call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.