Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Rewards does NOT display reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: swa, hhonors platinum, priority club platinum, choice priv gold, hertz president's club

Whenever I log into my account at Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt or Choice I am able to see all the reservations I have made.

This is very important especially for people (like myself) who make many many reservations. Knowing that you can call up all your reservations (and see them all listed) is something that I think we all expect.

Wyndham Rewards only allows you to find a reservation using the confirmation number.

I am wondering if there is any way we can put pressure on them to change this.

In the past they had a way to call up reservations by putting in your credit card. That wasn't the best but at least it was something> NOW they don't even allow that.

Any ideas? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

Last edited by the joy of travel; Dec 29, 2010 at 9:28 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:01 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by the joy of travel
I am wondering if there is any way we can put pressure on them to change this.
I think you just have! We have two very receptive lurkers here who will no doubt make note of your suggestion.

And it's a very reasonable suggestion - I keep multiple flexible reservations open while my travel plans solidify; the ability to oversee and manage them 'at a glance' is very important to me. I do perhaps 60 nights a year - 50 of which will be with Hilton or Marriott and the balance falling to other chains that are available in the sometimes very out-of-the-way locations where I work - Best Western (who also let you see your bookings in aggregate) etc.

This also means that sites such as awardwallet.com, (which primarily lets you see all your mileage balances) can also scrape all your bookings and sort them by date, so you can then see all your bookings from multiple chains in one place - and elimate any duplicates (or spot any mistakes, as I once discovered).You can see below I have 3 reservations on the Rome trip (I have deleted the specific dates from each booking for privacy reasons, but you can normally see the specifics at a glance) and one reservation on each of the other trips. The Marriott Courtyard was the first booked, so it displays - when you click through, you can also see a Best Western booking and a Sheraton booking).

There are many similar applications, especially for iPhone or Android that are increasingly used by travellers, so WR would do well to join in the fun.

Last edited by GoldCircle; Dec 30, 2010 at 4:15 am Reason: adding screenshot
Old Jan 3, 2011, 4:27 pm
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Whenever I log into my account at Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt or Choice I am able to see all the reservations I have made.

This is very important especially for people (like myself) who make many many reservations. Knowing that you can call up all your reservations (and see them all listed) is something that I think we all expect.
Hello,
We truly appreciate your feedback - we know this is a valuable feature that we do not currently offer. While I can't provide you with specific timing, we understand this is an important service. Again, I do appreciate you letting us know your thoughts on this topic (and others). Thank you!
Old Jan 16, 2011, 7:15 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Anyone else having this problem?
yes, I have lost reservations due to Wyndham not having this feature, as a result I won't use them for my normal hotel stays.
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
.... we understand this is an important service.
I would say that listing one's reservations isn't even a service really, it is a bare minimum requirement for heavy travelers that I'm amazed hasn't been implemented. thanks for being present on this forum.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
This week I needed to amend a reservation for a stay next June. Luckily I keep paper copies of all bookings (hotels, flights and car hire) in an Itinerary file, so I was able to retrieve the reservation number otherwise it would have been impossible to do the amendment. Please, Wyndham, make live reservations available to view (and also completed ones for the previous six months if possible).
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Blutak
This week I needed to amend a reservation for a stay next June. Luckily I keep paper copies of all bookings (hotels, flights and car hire) in an Itinerary file, so I was able to retrieve the reservation number otherwise it would have been impossible to do the amendment. Please, Wyndham, make live reservations available to view (and also completed ones for the previous six months if possible).
I keep the email confirmations, but I've had to call Wyndham properties before and say, "I know I booked a room for one of the upcoming weekends, but I'm not positive about the date. Could you help?" That just makes them do more work, when if they had a listing online, tied to my rewards number, I could easily log-in and figure out what dates and if I needed to cancel.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Blutak
Hello,
I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can retrieve existing reservations from wyndhamrewards.com - https://wr.wyndhamrewards.com/Wyndha...ieval?variant=
Or, you can click on 'Book' from the top navigation & then you'll see the option for 'Retrieve Reservation' in the left navigation.
Hope that helps.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
Hello,
I'm not sure if you're aware, but you can retrieve existing reservations from wyndhamrewards.com - https://wr.wyndhamrewards.com/Wyndha...ieval?variant=
Or, you can click on 'Book' from the top navigation & then you'll see the option for 'Retrieve Reservation' in the left navigation.
Hope that helps.
Yes, but the problem with that is that it requires the confirmation number. If you lose the confirmation email, you aren't able to retrieve the reservation.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:16 pm

Thumbs down

I ran into this problem today when I cashed in some points from the American Express Daily Getaways promotion. There was no way to see the confirmation number in my account online and the e-mail I received included the picture of the hotel, the address, and the terms of a credit card offer. No confirmation number or dates of stay was included. I had to call to get the number.
Old May 12, 2011, 2:57 pm

Wasn't the website upgrade that was supposed to happen a month or two ago supposed to allow viewing of existing reservations? It would make my life easier.
Old May 13, 2011, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by mdmbdumont
Wasn't the website upgrade that was supposed to happen a month or two ago supposed to allow viewing of existing reservations? It would make my life easier.
Hello, it is on our 'list' but we did not announce a specific time period. We appreciate your feedback on this topic.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:22 pm

Thumbs down No way to see to see all the reservations I have made at Wyndham

Considering the time spam (posts are from 2010) and lack of any effort to resolve the issue, one may conclude that Wyndham list of priorities does not benefit consumer retrieval of reservations. That is a big shame and lack of transparency
Old Mar 2, 2014, 5:36 am

We are still looking at having up coming reservations showing for members when they log in online. I understand your frustration that it is not an option yet and will pass on your feedback.

Originally Posted by abispo10
Considering the time spam (posts are from 2010) and lack of any effort to resolve the issue, one may conclude that Wyndham list of priorities does not benefit consumer retrieval of reservations. That is a big shame and lack of transparency
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, MR Plat, PC Plat
Wow...I recently made my first reservation at a Wyndham in years and was sure I was missing something when I tried to view it online. Instead had to spend 5-10 minutes on the phone to confirm it was made.

Like someone said above this isn't even a feature, more like a bare minimum requirement. Truly surprising that in 2014 a hotel site does not offer this capability.
Old May 23, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
The thing is still there. No list, sometimes no confirmation.

They just want you to call in every time to have you hear their pitch for their timeshares and a credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.