Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Welcome to the Wyndham Rewards Concierges!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome to the Wyndham Rewards Concierges!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manderson99
Thanks for the clarification. Is the conversion rate 5:1? I can't get the info on the WR website since I don't have enough points to convert, but the thread on last year's airline devaluation seems to indicate this rate.
Yes, specifically the 3 AGR redemption choices are (any multiple of):

• 6000 WR points = 1200 AGR points
  • 16000 WR points = 3200 AGR points
  • 30000 WR points = 6000 AGR points

So while it's 5:1, you can only redeem at certain thresholds: 6000, 12000, 16000, 18000, 20000, 24000, 28000, 30000, 32000, 34000, 36000, etc.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:53 am

Is it possible to switch a paid reservation to a rewards reservation?

I have a 3 night paid reservation for next week. The bonus points for my cc spending just posted to my account and I now have enough points for the stay. I made a paid reservation because I was afraid the hotel would sell out before my points posted and it's a good thing I did because the hotel is now sold out for the last 2 nights i'm there.
Is it possible to change my paid rate to a reward stay? If not can I cancel my reservation and rebook the available room? I know spg and hilton will give award night as long as there is a room available. Does wyndham have the same policy?

Thank you very much.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:35 pm
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
We aren't able to change your paying reservation to free night stays, however we can cancel the reservation and rebook with points as long as there are standard rooms available. If you would like to do this please call us at 1-866-996-7937. Thanks!

Originally Posted by peacenlove613
I have a 3 night paid reservation for next week. The bonus points for my cc spending just posted to my account and I now have enough points for the stay. I made a paid reservation because I was afraid the hotel would sell out before my points posted and it's a good thing I did because the hotel is now sold out for the last 2 nights i'm there.
Is it possible to change my paid rate to a reward stay? If not can I cancel my reservation and rebook the available room? I know spg and hilton will give award night as long as there is a room available. Does wyndham have the same policy?

Thank you very much.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:57 am

Thank you for getting back to me
Is there a better number to call? I tried 3 times a can't seem to get a straight answer before they start getting frustrated and I found it's not fun dealing with frustrated agents. The room was booked on a 3rd party site. I know wyndham can't cancel the reservation only priceline.com can. I don't want to cancel and run the risk of loosing the room completely because it's sold out for 2 of the nights. If I cancel with priceline are they able to book me that same room right away as a reward stay since it will be the only room available?
Thank you
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
We aren't able to change your paying reservation to free night stays, however we can cancel the reservation and rebook with points as long as there are standard rooms available. If you would like to do this please call us at 1-866-996-7937. Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: LH Senator,*A Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador, AB Gold, One World Sapphire, Accor Gold, A3 Gold
Red face WR pricing

I just joined WR as I saty often at a Hojo in Shanghai and thought I might get some benefit. But the WR website offers me the room for Chinese 3000 for 2 nights or 1500 per night. Since I am familiar with what I normally pay I checked again on Booking.com and there I can get a room for CNY 1350 for 2 nights or CNY 675 per night.............Seriously
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: LH Senator,*A Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador, AB Gold, One World Sapphire, Accor Gold, A3 Gold
Awesome response ! Thanks very much
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:03 pm

If I use my reward points for the Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek, do I have to pay the resort fee? I'm guessing the parking fee will obviously not be included.

Moreover, do I get the complete points back if I cancel the reservation?

Last edited by southofburgh; Aug 9, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
Is the the same situation for Gold status points?

I've made a points reservation but expect to hit Gold status before that trip. To use the Gold status points, will I need to cancel the existing reservation and rebook it with Gold status points?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:04 am

If you want your upcoming Gold Points to cover the room you would need to cancel the reservation, which will return your regular points and rebook using the Gold Points.

Originally Posted by GretelNick
Is the the same situation for Gold status points?

I've made a points reservation but expect to hit Gold status before that trip. To use the Gold status points, will I need to cancel the existing reservation and rebook it with Gold status points?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:19 pm

If you want your upcoming Gold Points to cover the room you would need to cancel the reservation, which will return your regular points and rebook using the Gold Points.
Got it, will do. Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Expiration ?

Where in my account or how otherwise can I find out when my points will expire ?
I just called about this issue and the rep replied: "we are still working on it !"
In the case of the 4 year expiration, is it from the date of last activity or from the 1st date I acquired the first points ?

Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Travelomania
In the case of the 4 year expiration, is it from the date of last activity or from the 1st date I acquired the first points ?
First in, first out. Your oldest points will be used first.

As far as exactly when the four years is measured from, I don't know. I would guess from when they posted, but to be safe, use them four years from the last activity.

Last edited by GretelNick; Sep 10, 2015 at 9:38 am
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:12 am

I just made Gold Status!

I want to use the Gold status points soon. But if plans change, and I later cancel the booking to create a new one (still within the four months of course), will the Gold status points be redeposited like regular points would?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
First in, first out. Your oldest points will be used first.

As far as exactly when the four years is measured from, I don't know. I would guess from when they posted, but to be safe, use them four years from the last activity.
Thanks very much - that clarifies a lot for me !
Old Sep 12, 2015, 3:05 pm

Hello GretelNick,

Yes, as long as it's within the 4 months expiration time when you cancel the gold points are returned to your account. They will still have the original expiration date though.

I just made Gold Status!

I want to use the Gold status points soon. But if plans change, and I later cancel the booking to create a new one (still within the four months of course), will the Gold status points be redeposited like regular points would?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.