FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards-430/)
-   -   Welcome to the Wyndham Rewards Concierges! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wyndham-wyndham-rewards/1119998-welcome-wyndham-rewards-concierges.html)

GoldCircle Aug 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Welcome to the Wyndham Rewards Concierges!

As my first obviously visible action as the new Moderator of FT's Wyndham Rewards forum, I am delighted to formally introduce Wyndham Rewards and Wyndham Rewards 2 as 'official lurkers' or Concierges representing the programme. The bone fides have been checked and the Wyndham Rewards are the real deal - though anyone reading the posts made so far, will not be in any doubt as to that - in the few short weeks that they have been lurking, they have made a valuable addition to the WR board.

Welcome and thanks for joining us here on FlyerTalk.com! ^

GoldCircle
Wyndham Rewards Forum Moderator

Wyndham Rewards Aug 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome. Wyndham Rewards is very happy to be part of FlyerTalk.

In case anyone is wondering what we’re here to help with… We’re here to help respond to any general questions about program features, promotions and the like.

If you have individual account questions or questions/comments on hotel reservations, those will need to be referred to our member services team at [email protected] as they’re best equipped to assist with these.

So everyone is aware, there are 2 ‘lurkers’ for Wyndham Rewards (Wyndham Rewards & Wyndham Rewards 2). We won’t respond to every thread, just when it seems like help might be needed. We look forward to being a part of FlyerTalk!

satori Aug 26, 2010 10:02 am

Welcome WyndhamRewards and WyndhamRewards 2. Your contributions to loyalty program clarity will be greatly appreciated.

I have to say that my analyses of the past year have really placed Wyndham Rewards in my sights as a high value program.

Wyndham Rewards points-to-miles exchange rate is among the best in hotel loyalty programs. The number of hotels in the Wyndham Rewrds program is unparalleled. And Microtel guest satisfaction continues to lead its market segment.

Looking forward to your participation in FlyerTalk.

Wyndham Rewards Aug 27, 2010 7:16 am

Originally Posted by satori (Post 14551062)
Welcome WyndhamRewards and WyndhamRewards 2. Your contributions to loyalty program clarity will be greatly appreciated.

I have to say that my analyses of the past year have really placed Wyndham Rewards in my sights as a high value program.

Wyndham Rewards points-to-miles exchange rate is among the best in hotel loyalty programs. The number of hotels in the Wyndham Rewrds program is unparalleled. And Microtel guest satisfaction continues to lead its market segment.

Looking forward to your participation in FlyerTalk.

Thanks so much - we appreciate the welcome!

satori Feb 3, 2011 11:17 am

Question: When did the Wyndham Rewards points earn rate for Hawthorn Suites change to 5 points per $1 from 10 points per $1?

Wyndham Rewards Feb 3, 2011 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by satori (Post 15795213)
Question: When did the Wyndham Rewards points earn rate for Hawthorn Suites change to 5 points per $1 from 10 points per $1?

Hello, it changed in December 2010...

MrHalliday Mar 19, 2011 5:44 pm

Hello Wyndham Concierge:

Maybe you can move this forward...

Many of us made reservations at Ramada Encore, Pohang, Korea
when a very low rate was advertised about Feb 10th.

I mailed the general manager asking him to re-confirm
my res for Jun 23-29, and was ignored.

Can you find out what is happening here?

Thanks !

Wyndham Rewards Mar 21, 2011 6:48 am

Originally Posted by MrHalliday (Post 16065940)
Hello Wyndham Concierge:

Maybe you can move this forward...

Many of us made reservations at Ramada Encore, Pohang, Korea
when a very low rate was advertised about Feb 10th.

I mailed the general manager asking him to re-confirm
my res for Jun 23-29, and was ignored.

Can you find out what is happening here?

Thanks !

Can you let me know where you saw the rate & also confirm what the rate was?

craz Mar 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi Concierges,

I was wondering now that The Ramada Jerusalem,Israel has been back as a Ramada Hotel for a few couple of years is there any plan to allow us to earn Pts while on a paid stay? I know we can cash out for free nights but the last I was told was no earning potential so therefore no stays by me

Wyndham Rewards Mar 22, 2011 7:37 am

Originally Posted by craz (Post 16076273)
Hi Concierges,

I was wondering now that The Ramada Jerusalem,Israel has been back as a Ramada Hotel for a few couple of years is there any plan to allow us to earn Pts while on a paid stay? I know we can cash out for free nights but the last I was told was no earning potential so therefore no stays by me

Hello,
At this time, it does not qualify to earn points. For a list of participating countries, you can visit https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=.
Hope that helps.

craz Mar 22, 2011 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards (Post 16079380)
Hello,
At this time, it does not qualify to earn points. For a list of participating countries, you can visit https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=.
Hope that helps.

how about Airline Miles? Guess it will be a long time before Im staying there again, used to spend close to 60 nights a year when it was a Renaissance but not going to spend the type of $$ they are asking for and walk away w/o anything for doing so

Wyndham Rewards Mar 23, 2011 9:13 am

Originally Posted by craz (Post 16079768)
how about Airline Miles? Guess it will be a long time before Im staying there again, used to spend close to 60 nights a year when it was a Renaissance but not going to spend the type of $$ they are asking for and walk away w/o anything for doing so

Hello, at this time, that particular property doesn't participate to earn points or miles.

craz Mar 23, 2011 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards (Post 16086719)
Hello, at this time, that particular property doesn't participate to earn points or miles.

1 last question (I hope) is the non earning something the Hotel requested or the WR insituted? since I was able to cash out for 2 nights there almost a yr ago Im surprised that I cant earn while staying

Wyndham Rewards Mar 25, 2011 10:59 am

Originally Posted by craz (Post 16086945)
1 last question (I hope) is the non earning something the Hotel requested or the WR insituted? since I was able to cash out for 2 nights there almost a yr ago Im surprised that I cant earn while staying

Hello,
You are correct - you can redeem for a free night at this property, but unfortunately they currently do not qualify to earn points. We have over 6,500 locations where you can earn & about 7,000 where you can redeem.

craz Mar 25, 2011 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards (Post 16100813)
Hello,
You are correct - you can redeem for a free night at this property, but unfortunately they currently do not qualify to earn points. We have over 6,500 locations where you can earn & about 7,000 where you can redeem.

Thanks you could have 100,000 locations where a person can earn pts but if have none where they have to be what good is it, and since there are less expensive options in Jerusalem no sense for me to spend that kind of $$ and walk away w/o 0 to show for it, there are also other Hotels where I can earn pts that is alittle more expensive but when you take the pts that will be earned into account it will come out less then The Ramada, now if they teh only Hotel in town then Id be stuck