Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More Panty Hose

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Y'all have been a good influence on me. I'm not going to buy more panty hose. I'm going to use up what I have and then organize a new method of dressing. Going modern!

The money I've wasted on panty hose!

So far I've saved about $25 since I posted this. That will add up in cash and convenience.

Last edited by oldpenny16; Dec 15, 2006 at 3:37 am Reason: to add an update
Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:35 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Welcome to the Free World, oldpenny16!
Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:41 am

Programs: Onepass, Skymiles, Worldperks, Hilton HHonors Silver, Mariot Rewards
Can someone explain what exactly the problem is with panty hose? I love it when my girlfriends wear stockings....pantyhose seem a bit unattractive and outdated but other then that what's wrong with them?
Old Dec 14, 2006, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
I don't like my feet in shoes without pantyhose.... it's the closed toe thing. Of course, I'm 23 and have just started my foray into the world of business, meaning I may be changing my mind later on.

In the summer I wear open toed/peep toed shoes, which isn't as weird for me. I think it's my mother's influence.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 9:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by gradvmedusa
Can someone explain what exactly the problem is with panty hose? I love it when my girlfriends wear stockings....pantyhose seem a bit unattractive and outdated but other then that what's wrong with them?
You're a guy arent you???????
Old Dec 14, 2006, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
I'm 26 and work in an industry that nylons are not "cool". Granted I get to live in Paris 300 days out of the year so fun tights are "cool" but other wise I buy good heels, wear them around the house to break them in, and the hit the world. My downfall is shoes...good shoes....
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by gradvmedusa
They're uncomfortable. They encase your legs in a synthetic mesh. They run. If too big, they puddle up, if too small, they squish you. If they're stockings, you have to worry about them falling down all the time. They're stupid.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
all of what Katja wrote and then

Originally Posted by Katja
They're uncomfortable. They encase your legs in a synthetic mesh. They run. If too big, they puddle up, if too small, they squish you. If they're stockings, you have to worry about them falling down all the time. They're stupid.
would men buy disposable clothing that costs as much as pantyhose?

I don't think so.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA
An alternative to wearing pantyhose or stockings is getting a good sunless tan and applying it.

If you mess up, you can wear long pants for a couple of days till it fades
Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I will go without panty hose tonight, but instead will wear knee highs, since I'm wearing a skirt and knee-high length boots to a party. Since I'm not big into fashion, what are the thoughts on wearing knee high boots with skirts, especially when wearing a business suit with skirt at work?
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:37 pm

Programs: nada these days
Re: knee-high boots with skirts: I do it frequently and see it everywhere. With a skirt suit? It would depend on the suit and the boots. Nice plain black or brown boots would probably work. But it sort of depends on the crowd. If you work in an office with a highly conservative dress code, you may prefer to play it safe and wear pumps.

I rarely wear pantyhose -- like maybe five times a year on special occasions. But I hate wearing closed-toe shoes barefoot. I usually wear sandals with skirts and closed-toe shoes (with knee-highs) with trousers.

Has anyone tried the Sally Hansen spray that's like a cross between self-tanner and pantyhose?
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by erdehoff
Re: knee-high boots with skirts: I do it frequently and see it everywhere. With a skirt suit? It would depend on the suit and the boots. Nice plain black or brown boots would probably work. But it sort of depends on the crowd. If you work in an office with a highly conservative dress code, you may prefer to play it safe and wear pumps.

I rarely wear pantyhose -- like maybe five times a year on special occasions. But I hate wearing closed-toe shoes barefoot. I usually wear sandals with skirts and closed-toe shoes (with knee-highs) with trousers.

Has anyone tried the Sally Hansen spray that's like a cross between self-tanner and pantyhose?
They're not that conservative. Well, ok, so management is conservative, but my coworkers will wear jeans to work on Fridays. I'm following advice I read previously about dressing for the position above you, not the position you are, so I'm dressing in a suit every day. They aren't expensive suits, but it's still a business suit as opposed to jeans. Opinions on knee high boots and suit skirts knowing that?

There's a Sally Hansen spray that's a cross between a self-tanner and pantyhose? I'll have to see what I can find next time I'm out shopping.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 7:14 pm

Programs: nada these days
If your co-workers wear jeans on Fridays, you're in an office where knee-high boots are probably fine with skirts. It's not inappropriate (IMHO), just a bit unconventional. I say if you've got nice boots and they go with the suit, have at it!

Here's the Sally Hansen spray.
I'm tempted to give it a try, as my legs are so white as to provide me with camouflage in the snow. Sigh.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by erdehoff
If your co-workers wear jeans on Fridays, you're in an office where knee-high boots are probably fine with skirts. It's not inappropriate (IMHO), just a bit unconventional. I say if you've got nice boots and they go with the suit, have at it!

Here's the Sally Hansen spray.
I'm tempted to give it a try, as my legs are so white as to provide me with camouflage in the snow. Sigh.
Thanks. They're nice boots, and they do go with several of my suits, so I guess I will try it.

Likewise, I'm definitely going to have to look for the Sally Hansen spray when I'm out next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.