Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate With Me!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2004, 9:24 pm
GG

kykate, enjoy your new status, and many happy returns if you want it!

I first made status on TWA in the late '80's based on transatlantic flights, but hardly saw any benefit from it. The quintessential experience: I had to fly at the last minute to San Diego, and get an upgrade STL-SAN. Except for one business guy and me, the entire front cabin was full of Marine recruits going Pendleton (it was August of 1991, Kuwait had just been invaded, and the war machine was starting to grind). Service? Ha. The FAs took one drink order, slapped food in front of us, and then disappeared into the galley for the rest of the flight. The young Marines-to-be were perfectly polite and quiet (I expect they'd been Explained To before the flight), but the FAs apparently didn't care to actually do any service for them beyond the absolute minimum, and sure decided they didn't need to single us out either. Anyway you want to take it, it was pretty sad.

My second time of having status has been much more sustained, not to mention rewarding.

As far as seeing more women lately - it's hard to tell since Lex and I have switched from Delta to Northwest in the last 13 months. It's based on just my own gestalt, but the NW climate seems less all-guys all-the-time than Delta's. I see more women in F on their own, and even more interestingly, I see a really significant number of female pilots on NW - not something I saw on Delta. (Still trying to remember if I ever encountered one...)

------------------
email on profile

[This message has been edited by GG (edited Jan 07, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.