Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Destination for March 2004 Trip??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2003, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum

I would like to surprise Mr. KY with a 1 week trip to celebrate our birthdays, and have requested time off from work: March 10-17. I found a fabulous fare out of ACV to BKK, but it shot up from $750 to $950 overnight I know, I should have jumped on it right away.
I do have time to wait and see if there is a Thailand sale later in the season.
However, I would like to collect suggestions from you all for some warm place(s), preferably on the water (snorkeling and scuba). And, I want to book through UA.
Total budget of about $2,000. What would you recommend?
Thanks!!
Kate
Old Nov 29, 2003, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Lucky you! Can't help you too much at that time of year on the trans-pac side. But my favorite destination of all for any time of year is Costa del Sol (fly into Malaga). However, flying through UA may be difficult although you may be able to get a connection on LH although I was thinking there isn't anyone from *A who flies into Spain? Or you could fly UA into LHR/AMS/??? and hop a flight on BA, Iberia, KLM, etc into Malaga. So you wouldn't be able to fly UA the entire way but would have them the majority of the airmiles.
Old Nov 30, 2003, 7:17 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Not nearly as exotic as Thailand, but I always have wonderful trips to Hawaii. We found a fantastic B&B on this last trip just as the beginning of the Hana Highway. Sammy Hagar's house was waving distance away and every morning a large school of dolphins came to play in the cove below. There is a lot to do in that area - great hikes through bamboo forests and to endless waterfalls and swimming holes. If you're interested and want the name, drop me an email. Rates started at less than $200 a night.

In Thailand, while the fares may be high you can usually make up the dif in hotels. JW Marriott Phuket usually comes up on Priceline HK for $45-$80 a night depending on the season and it's a fantastic resort.

Costa Rica is a good bet in March too. You might look into Tabacon Resort near the Arenal Volcano.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
bmi flies into Spain, but it may not be too warm at this time of year - I've holidayed quite a lot in Portugal in Spring, and it can be really hit or miss - and that was a month later!

What about Madiera? It is a lot further south, verging on tropical. Family and friends who went there really enjoyed it. But not sure which star partners fly there - don't think TAP is one, but amn't sure.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum
Dear Friends,
thank you so much for the ideas! I have decided that 2004 is OUR year to travel, and hope to do some type of trip every month.
United came through for me on the BKK fares - $747.00 RT from ACV-BKK reappeared! We found an inexpensive motel near the airport, with a shuttle, for the first & last nights, and plan to fly to Koh Samui for our three days of sun & water relaxation.
Thanks for the ideas for future fun!
Kate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.