Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The FT Book Club!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2002, 12:06 pm

Location: you can't affordably get there (anywhere) from here (central MT)
stumbled across this thread when I was looking for recommendations for a travel vest (if I was more technosavvy I'd post the link here, but -- )

anyway -- has the August selection been decided? The Giver is a book I have but just haven't gotten around to reading it, despite the fact is came highly recommended and one son and DH both enjoyed it greatly. This might be just the incentive I need to get into an excellent book . . .

------------------
pray for peace!
Old Aug 4, 2002, 1:46 pm

It has the added advantage of being a quick read. Every public library should have a copy, look in the young adult/children's section.
Old Aug 5, 2002, 8:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Have you seen the Read and Release program at www.bookcrossing.com? It's free and fun. You 'register' a book, print out a special bookplate explaining what's going on, paste it into the front of the book and leave the book somewhere for someone to find. (It's Released in the Wild!) The finder then reports to bookcrossing.com where he found it, what he did with it, etc. So everytime someone picks up one of your castoffs, you get an email from bookcrossing.com telling you it's being enjoyed.
Old Aug 6, 2002, 3:44 pm

This program was discussed on the Omni board. Several FTers participate in the program.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 7:07 pm

I had not heard of this until this thread. It sounds like a great program!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.