Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP PLEASE LADIES!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2002, 11:19 am

I say... DON'T Tell her...smile

You have put so much thought, time and love into her surprise, she is going to love it...don't worry

Besides, after the story you told us of the restaurant....and what she put up with... this surprise trip/and her not knowing will never phase her... lol

All the best... and a very ROMANTIC holiday for both of you...

Can't wait to hear how it all turned out for you.....
Old Mar 15, 2002, 1:10 pm

I would not tell her. What you have done is the most romantic wonderful thing. She will be so surprised!!
You put so much detail and love into everything you did, you should continue with the surprise element, because I think that makes it all the more special!!
Have a wonderful time!!
Old Mar 15, 2002, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'll also chime in....don't tell her! As you can see, all of us here are impressed with all that you have done for Jenn (especially in a city whose roads always seem to lead uphill!).

As for plans she might have made, believe me, she won't blink an eye about cancelling them. The love you are showing her...well it simply moves me. Enjoy every moment.
Old Mar 16, 2002, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Matt, I knew that you were a sweetie!

I'll vote for a nice dressing gown/model's coat sort of a thing. A nice present and a handy gizmo to have.

As for a destination--think small town and quiet.

If I were half as old or you were twice as old....

your short friend!
Old Mar 16, 2002, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Matt, sorry I didn't see that you had already booked Barcelona. Have a ball! I'm proud of you!
Old Mar 17, 2002, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt
I haev never been this organised for a vacation ever! And I had a huge bit of good luck yesterday. Jenn's washing machine broke, so she is giving me her laundry to do! That means I can see what she wears most, and what underwear she would wear. Of course I have my own ideas about underwear, but I am trying to be good on here!

My mum is going to pack it all, and Jenn will be none the wiser. I have the passport here, and she always has forces ID on her. Her boss gave me the final go ahead, and he is in on the planning in a big way!

All I got to do now, is sit down and enjoy myself. I will do my best to post when I get out there, as I need to get to a computer to email a few people to let them know how the surprise went, so I am going to try and post from the hotel.

Penny, I need you to be on the same flight as us, as we are in a row of three, and we need someone short to share with! G&T on me! Jenn is fairly tall too, so we both hate flying on British Midland, but it is only just over an hour. My friend is going to upgrade us if he can, and he is going to be doing that flight, so the very least we can use the diamond lounge.

Thanks once again everyone.
Old Mar 17, 2002, 6:45 pm

Matt,

What luck you are having!! I hope you and Jenn have a wonderful time!!

Dawn
Old Mar 17, 2002, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Matt, think darling! You don't want me between you two! I'll take an aisle seat. Actually I'll be in Barcelona in June. At this point not going through London, but I can hope!

I swear to be kind to every big and tall person who sits next to me on flights. I'll think of you when I do it.

Bon Voyage!
Old Mar 18, 2002, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Penny,

OK, you can take the aisle seat! Thankfully the flight is short, as economy on British Midland is very tight. Jenn is 5'10" and she finds it a little close too.

It would be nice if you could stop in London when you go to Barcelona. I might be in Dallas in June, as I have a training course that I need to get out of the way soon. Will keep you posted.

I have posted a thread in Omni, to see if anybody can recommend a dummies type book on building a website, as I will post some of the pics I take in Barcelona. Anyone in here that has any ideas, please let me know. Remember though, Dummies level or lower, as me and computers have a hate-hate relationship!

Old Mar 18, 2002, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Matt, look into igougo.com You can sign up as a Guide for free, post your travel stories with your photos and anyone in the world can look them up and read.

Also they give points and prizes!

Bon Voyage!
Old Mar 18, 2002, 7:15 am

Matt,

I also posted this back in Omni for you. But you might want to take a look at
www.freehomepage.com

I think it offers a lot more than AOL, and it is simple too.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

I am officially retired from the surprise vacation committee! Mother has taken over, and is packing, organising stuff and generally making sure I don't screw up!

She has also managed to twist my dad's arm into taking her to Barcelona two weeks after I get back! You should see the look I got from him when he found out! Not a happy bunny!

I am finding myself walking on eggshells everytime I speak to Jenn. We have been invited to a premier of the London motorcycle show tomorrow, but I had to give up my pass, as I am nervous of being in her company and letting something slip.

Anyhow, enough rambling, chat to you all soon.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 1:23 pm

Matthew,

Jenn doesn't happen to have been a LT. based at Nellis before London does she?

Freefaller12k

[This message has been edited by freefaller12k (edited 03-18-2002).]
Old Mar 18, 2002, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

No, she was and still is a Staff Sgt, and she was based in Rammstein before this posting, and in Mountstrom (?) in Montana before that.

Where is Nellis, I have never heard of that base?

Old Mar 18, 2002, 3:55 pm

In Las Vegas. I knew a Jenn that xfed to London, was 5'10 and is now going to Turkey. Seemed awful similar...

Anyway, enjoy your trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.