Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you headed next?!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2023, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Where are you headed next?!

I'm always looking for new travel ideas, so am interested in where you are traveling next. Try this format (I've put in examples using my upcoming trip tomorrow):

Cities: Porto, Douro Valley, Port Ellen (Islay), London
Airlines: BA, KLM, TAP
Special Occasion: yearly friends trip
Luggage: Away smaller carry-on
Shoes: Tennis shoes, ballet flats and low heeled boots.

This is a really odd city pair, but I didn't plan it so am just along for the ride! Am able to fit everything in a small carry on since it's a casual trip and there won't be any posh dining or shows or weddings or parties .... just a fun hangout with good friends.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Vegas & New Orleans (Dec, Feb) and then Mozambique & South Africa in July.
QT31415 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Me

In a couple of weeks I am taking a 14 day cruise of the Norwegian fjords and Northern Lights. Bergin to Oslo!
freecia, shellyphl, ysolde and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 10:42 pm

Cities: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Krabi, Phuket
Airlines: Thai Airways, AirAsia
Special Occasion: honeymoon
Luggage: Samsonite spinner luggage
Shoes: Running shoes, sandals, flip-flops
gretchendz and ysolde like this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: AA ExP, DL, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Cities: Doha, Auckland, Queenstown
Airlines: AA J and QR J
Special Occasion: no occasion, I found award availability so I booked it!
Luggage: Away bigger carry-on, ANDI weekender
Shoes: ON hiking boots, Adidas Superstars, ballet flats
Activities: Milford Sound helicopter tour, Routeburn Track hike, Waiheke Island vineyards and bush walk and wine tasting
Old Oct 26, 2023, 8:04 am

Programs: BA GfL
New York for Xmas as usual (family); let’s see if JetBlue screws us again this year! Aguascalientes, Queretaro, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, and Mexico City in January, no real reason besides just wanting to go; United.
ysolde and gretchendz like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:06 am

I'm currently in the planning stages of my upcoming trip to Lisbon, and I couldn't be more excited about the adventure that awaits. Exploring the vibrant culture, delicious cuisine, and beautiful scenery of Lisbon has me counting down the days until my departure!
ysolde likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Vegas & New Orleans (Dec, Feb) and then Mozambique & South Africa in July.
Mozambique is on my bucket list! Will need a full trip report!
ysolde likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Cities: Miami, Western Caribbean, Rio, Brazilian Coast, Cape Verde, Canary Islands, Lisbon, Darmstadt, Dresden, Berlin, Munich, Innsbruck, Interalpen Hotel Tyrol, Frankfurt
Airlines: AA, LH, AC (Domestic F, International J)
Cruise Ships: Regent Seven Seas Splendor and Voyager

Special Occasion: 21st wedding anniversary, Aunt's 90th birthday
Luggage: Ebby Rayne Quartermaster
Shoes: Black allbird treeskippers, black Rothy's Mary Janes, gray suede ankle booties (1' 3/4" heels)

We will be going on the Western Caribbean cruise (one week) on Seven Seas Splendor next month. Then on Voyager on a cruise that begins along the coast of Brazil (thank Maude they postponed they e-visa requirement) that then crosses the Atlantic, with several stops along the way, ending up with a day in Lisbon (hooray!). We fly out of Lisbon the following day on and incredibly complex itinerary. I get exhausted just thinking about it. The only saving grace is it's all in J. In May, we visit husband's Aunt in Europe. She turns 90 this year. It's also my birthday. I shall not be turning 90, however.
chgoeditor and QT31415 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 8:50 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Next stop: Panama and Eclipse

Just returned from the Lesser Antilles on the fabulous Virgin Valiant. Next cruise the Emerald Princess Panama and Solar Eclipse cruise in April. Bringing the extended family, which will be a challenge.

Carry-on: Lo and Sons Depending on my mood: O.G. 2 or Catalina Deluxe
Shoes: All Birds
ysolde and QT31415 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Cities: Fredericksburg + Big Bend National Park (Texas)
Airlines: Mazda CX-50
Special Occasion: solar eclipse + hiking
Luggage: we're driving, pull out the steamer trunk!
Shoes: hiking boots + ??? (see: "we're driving")
Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Cities: New Delhi, Agra, Udaipur, Jalbalpur
Airlines: BA J and QR J and all those little ones like IndiGo and Vistara
Special Occasion: haven't been there yet
Luggage: Away bigger carry-on, Foldie bag
Shoes: Archies flipflops, Fitflop tennis shoes, ballet flats
Activities: tiger safaris, cooking classes, photography

We've had a busy January - two trips to hawaii, a ski trip, Bonaire, London and Madrid. Am exhausted but managed it all with my smaller Away carry on (did my warm weather/cold weather packing cubes in advance and switched them out on transits through home). Managed to see all 3 kids and all grandkids, along with skiing, surfing, paddleboarding, scuba, snorkel, and a LOT of eating and drinking.

I love reading the shoes and luggage choices - it makes me feel less "alone" in my travel experiences! Will be looking for you all in your ballet flats towing your Away bags topped with Lo and Sons bags.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 7:34 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Cities: Fredericksburg + Big Bend National Park (Texas)
Airlines: Mazda CX-50
Special Occasion: solar eclipse + hiking
Luggage: we're driving, pull out the steamer trunk!
Shoes: hiking boots + ??? (see: "we're driving")
Fun! We're heading to Montreal for the eclipse -- Mr. CE is originally from there, and we're combining the eclipse with reservations at Cabane a Sucre by Pied de Cochon. Flying Air Canada (sadly AA has discontinued non-stop flights between ORD and YUL). As for luggage....

Originally Posted by ysolde
Cities: Miami, Western Caribbean, Rio, Brazilian Coast, Cape Verde, Canary Islands, Lisbon, Darmstadt, Dresden, Berlin, Munich, Innsbruck, Interalpen Hotel Tyrol, Frankfurt
Airlines: AA, LH, AC (Domestic F, International J)
Cruise Ships: Regent Seven Seas Splendor and Voyager

Special Occasion: 21st wedding anniversary, Aunt's 90th birthday
Luggage: Ebby Rayne Quartermaster
Shoes: Black allbird treeskippers, black Rothy's Mary Janes, gray suede ankle booties (1' 3/4" heels)

We will be going on the Western Caribbean cruise (one week) on Seven Seas Splendor next month. Then on Voyager on a cruise that begins along the coast of Brazil (thank Maude they postponed they e-visa requirement) that then crosses the Atlantic, with several stops along the way, ending up with a day in Lisbon (hooray!). We fly out of Lisbon the following day on and incredibly complex itinerary. I get exhausted just thinking about it. The only saving grace is it's all in J. In May, we visit husband's Aunt in Europe. She turns 90 this year. It's also my birthday. I shall not be turning 90, however.
Your Ebby Rain post made me take a look, and both Mr. CE and I pulled the trigger on the Quartermaster (the cream for me and the black for him). Coincidentally, the day after it arrived, I hosted a bunch of girlfriends and one came with her cream colored Delsey so I had the chance to see what a close match it is. Then...Mr. CE came home from Montreal and said, "I saw this great Delsey backpack that would match your new suitcase..." so great minds think alike.

(Oh, I'm heading to St. Louis next weekend to see family, but that barely counts as a trip, but will probably take the Ebby Rain for a test drive.)

ETA, and your travels sound wonderful!
ysolde and gretchendz like this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chgoeditor

Your Ebby Rain post made me take a look, and both Mr. CE and I pulled the trigger on the Quartermaster (the cream for me and the black for him). Coincidentally, the day after it arrived, I hosted a bunch of girlfriends and one came with her cream colored Delsey so I had the chance to see what a close match it is. Then...Mr. CE came home from Montreal and said, "I saw this great Delsey backpack that would match your new suitcase..." so great minds think alike.
Please update the luggage report - I also peeked at the Ebby Rain and the weight to capacity ratio looks great, as does the stability and build. Is it slightly wider at the base? My kids have the MiaMily ride-on suitcase and it has a similar shape - is very sturdy for it's purpose, but heavier.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Yay, luggage + shoes!

Cities: Manchester, Whitby, London
Airline: BA + trains (LNER + Transpennine?)
Bags: Tom Bihn Aeronaut 30 (I plan to check); Lemaire Large Soft Game Bag (carry-on); plus either the Tom Bihn Small Zippered Shop Bag or a random tote bag just because
Shoes: Clark x Beams Wallabies; Salomon hiking boots; Papusse friurlanes as slippers (mostly for puttering in the hotel/room)

It's primarily a solo walking trip in the North York moors and along the coast, followed by a few nights in London for no reason other than I have friends there and my partner has a conference so I might as well take advantage of the hotel room. This is as minimalist as I can get for a ten-day trip that is half walking, half city. The Aeronaut can be worn as a backpack and the Lemaire game bag is extraordinarily comfortable as a crossbody even when heavy, so I'm hoping I don't regret not having a wheeled bag.
gretchendz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.