Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Do you pack a hair dryer or not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you pack a hair dryer or not?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Only when we stay over with family do I travel with a mini hairdryer. I like the Amika mini hairdryer. Very lightweight and quick.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Thanks

I went with the babyliss. It is so tiny, but it works as well as any other hairdryer I have owned

I have fine hair and lots of it so it takes awhile unless the dryer is good--this one is. My long haired sister-in-law tried and she approved as well

https://www.amazon.com/BaBylissPRO-T...words=babyliss
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:55 pm

As I have to blow-dry my fizzy hair every.single.day, I do pack a mini hair-dryer. It's an older one so not very powerful, but it has been better than the hotel-supplied one on many occasions. I do, however, get regular defrizz treatments (live in HKG) and that makes blow-drying so much easier and my hair more manageable. Back in the day I would even take my regular blow-dryer just to get the power needed to lessen the frizz!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I do not pack a hairdryer. I have long, frizzy hair, and I have it professionally blown out. One of the fist things I do when I arrive at a hotel is ask the concierge to make me a manicure and blow dry appointment. Then, when my husband is busy with his business meetings (or off meeting family, depending on the trip), I will sit and blissfully have my hair and nails done for an hour or two. A little time to myself in every city is a wonderful thing.
Analise and AStarr like this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ysolde
I do not pack a hairdryer. I have long, frizzy hair, and I have it professionally blown out. One of the fist things I do when I arrive at a hotel is ask the concierge to make me a manicure and blow dry appointment. Then, when my husband is busy with his business meetings (or off meeting family, depending on the trip), I will sit and blissfully have my hair and nails done for an hour or two. A little time to myself in every city is a wonderful thing.
Where do you go for a manicure in London?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Analise
Where do you go for a manicure in London?
I have not been to London in over twenty years,. Sorry. If you are ever in Munich, Vienna, Berlin, or Paris, I can recommend places, though.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ysolde
I have not been to London in over twenty years,. Sorry. If you are ever in Munich, Vienna, Berlin, or Paris, I can recommend places, though.
I could use a spot for all but Munich actually. Especially Paris and Berlin if my current travel habits continue the way they have.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Berlin -- The Ritz has a very good hair salon. They handle my long, frizzy hair without a problem. As to manicures, meh. They do an OK job, but I still have not found a great manicure place in Berlin. Their manicure lasts about 3-4 days, if you are careful.

Paris -- Honestly, for a basic blow-out, I hit up the closest Jean Louis David blow out bar in Paris. They do a consistently good job on my difficult hair at a good price. I make sure to describe my hair type carefully when I go in, so that I get a stylist who can handle my hair. I was nervous at first, but I have had surprisingly good luck. I have not looked for manicures in Paris, but would stick to upscale places (they are using instruments on my fingers that could spread bacteria and I am paranoid).

Vienna -- The manicure at the spa at the Grand Hotel (where we always stay) is a treat I always look forward to. Ohhhhhh . . . It is so relaxing and moisturizing and I just feel like my hands and arms are melting away and feeling wonderful. And my nails look great for a week or more, if I am careful and choose an "easy" polish (my favorite is Dior's Nail Glow, which makes my nails look quite pretty, and lasts up to ten days flawlessly -- I carry this with me when I travel). They recommend the salon at the mall for a blow-out. Pretty good, actually.

Last edited by ysolde; Jan 11, 2018 at 11:50 am
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:48 am

I do carry my giant, salon-quality (Super Solano) hair dryer when traveling domestically. I am a good packer so there is always room. My hair is pretty long and drying with the hotel dryers just takes up too much time.

For international, the big guy stays home and my little travel dryer (the same Babyliss shown up thread) with dual voltages goes with me. I try to use the hotel dryers as much as possible since plugs in other countries can be in odd places, but the little one is my backup just in case. My hair is long and naturally curly so I have to dry it every day. I straighten it most days and air drying and not straightening would take hours if I didn't dry it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.