Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Steals and splurges: Share the best of your high and low-end travel beauty secrets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Steals and splurges: Share the best of your high and low-end travel beauty secrets

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I have an MP brush I bought in high school, 1987. The rubber is starting to break down a littl now but not badly enough for me to buy a new one yet.....I do have the small Sonia Kashuk version in my purse and that's fine for a quickie during the day....
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by BaliParis
There has been a lot of buzz lately in the fashion magazines about scalp health. Now, there are so many shampoo and treatment options for scalp in all price ranges. Head & Shoulders was ranked high because of the active ingredient, Pyrithione Zinc !% (anti inflammatory). Charcoal is also big in hair products now.
I really love a combination of Keratase Bain Anti-Pelliculaire and Rene Furterer Asteria Serum for da itchies.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:55 pm

I've been adding a few drops of my hydrating serums to a spray bottle with water for my scalp. It has been helping a bit. I'm trying to use what I have as I'm either more sparing with product than some or less routine (11 steps nightly isn't going to happen).

Gothamista did a 2 part series for budget skincare under $10 recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOPXK94iXuo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVGShNMw3Q8

I decant or pick up sample size products so my toiletry kit is usually packed to go. I do rotate in the minis at home once in a while to use up old product as my travel isn't that frequent.

OT: I also have a full set of dedicated travel USB chargers and short/long cables. It makes it much easier to avoid leaving chargers & cables behind because I know what is roughly in my travel set as a visual unit. Lastly, I color code my gadgets in case I leave it in a co-worker's area and it is also a great visual cue on a communal table full of "stuff". I get cases in a single color or put some colored washi tape on my electronics which makes it simple to know that something is probably mine. I think someone mentioned this on this board and it indeed makes life easier (saving money to splurge on things other than overpriced chargers and headphones in airports).
If you're thinking of getting "one to travel with" - it makes packing quicker and less stressful. You can also pack the old one and use the new one at home if you feel a need to rationalize the cost over number of uses (or vice versa if you travel a lot).
tcl likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by freecia
OT: I also have a full set of dedicated travel USB chargers and short/long cables. It makes it much easier to avoid leaving chargers & cables behind because I know what is roughly in my travel set as a visual unit. Lastly, I color code my gadgets in case I leave it in a co-worker's area and it is also a great visual cue on a communal table full of "stuff". I get cases in a single color or put some colored washi tape on my electronics which makes it simple to know that something is probably mine. I think someone mentioned this on this board and it indeed makes life easier (saving money to splurge on things other than overpriced chargers and headphones in airports).
It might have been me that mentioned that. Ever since I did a 5 day work trip and left the charger for my laptop behind causing a serious amount of lost work time waiting for Amazon to deliver a new one to the hotel I have kept a kit (amazon basics electronics case) in my laptop bag with chargers, cables, small pair of scissors, extra pen, tiny roll of tape, tiny book lamp and spare flash drives. I have a strict policy - never use things from this kit at home! That way they don't disappear into the morass of papers on my desk.
freecia, ysolde, Hoyaheel and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:43 pm

If you do forget or lose a charger, ask at hotel or plane lounge. They usually have whole buckets of chargers that spoke have left behind and will give you one.
Or hotel might give you a loaner

Hotels also have Euro plugs if you forget
ysolde and tcl like this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
If you do forget or lose a charger, ask at hotel or plane lounge. They usually have whole buckets of chargers that spoke have left behind and will give you one.
Or hotel might give you a loaner
The hotel I was at had loads of PC and non-Apple phone chargers, but none for Apple products. They said those never get left behind. Not sure what that says about their guests, but it meant I had to hunt one down on my own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.