Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Attention Travel Loving Women - Do you need help fulfilling your travel dreams?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

If you're a woman who loves to travel independently I would appreciate you taking a few minutes to complete my short survey. Your feedback will help me as I explore how I can best assist women fulfill their travel dreams.

Thank you, and happy travels!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LH8DV6C
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FlyerTalk, MaureenT.

I will move your post to our Women Travelers forum, where it will likely get better traction. It would also be helpful for you to post a followup explaining more about who you are and why you're doing this survey.

Thanks,
Gfunkdave, moderator, Travel Products
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:16 pm

Survey taken. We'd love to see you more around FT.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KM123
Survey taken. We'd love to see you more around FT.
I agree.

Welcome to Flyertalk.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH
Done.

Come back and let us know what insights you've gained, or even ask any followup questions. Good Luck.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Welcome! I did the survey. Please come back to share results!
Old May 26, 2013, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

And the suvery said.............

Hi everyone,

A big thank you to those who took the time to take my survey; it has helped me tremendously in determining the biggest challenge women are dealing with when it comes to taking a holiday.

To give you a little background on who I am and what I am doing. I spent 12 years as a travel agent and have been planning and creating my own adventure holidays for nearly 30 years. Many of these trips have been as a solo female traveller as I could never seem to find a like-minded traveler to share the experience.

Then one day not too long ago, I thought I can’t be the only female who likes to travel a little adventurously? So I decided to put together a short survey to get a better idea. My survey findings were that many women do like to travel independently, but finding the time to research and plan was their biggest challenge.

So I decided to work on creating a website and business where I’ll share my knowledge and experience, and also a place others can share their own travel stories. I will also provide a service of creating customized itineraries where I will do all the research and planning so they can enjoy the journey as much as the destination.

WOW, long post. Hopefully in another couple weeks I will have my site up and beginning to share what I have learned in my 30 years of travel. So stay tuned for www.travellovingwomen.com

Safe and happy travels,
Maureen
Old May 30, 2013, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the follow up - and good luck!

BTW - I was chatting w/ someone the other day whose mother would like to travel quite a bit (does already), but is looking for like-minded folk to travel w/ or be a roommate on trips.

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the follow up - and good luck!

BTW - I was chatting w/ someone the other day whose mother would like to travel quite a bit (does already), but is looking for like-minded folk to travel w/ or be a roommate on trips.

Cheers.
Hi Sharon, thanks for the tip, you have given me another idea for my site. I should have more details to share soon.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Please keep me posted as well - I have an Aunt who loves to travel but is limited in how often she can do so due to the lack of a companion. Her husband is afraid to have her traveling alone but with his occupation he cannot join her for the long trips that she would like to do.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
It sounded like you were going to direct me to some sugar daddy travel site where men could fulfil my travel dreams! eek!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.