Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart picks WestJet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by momentum
That's BS...AC is pushing passes but not forcing the issue with corp clients who get discounts in various ways. Westjet is simply lowering their prices even further to get some of this business because they have more planes to fill. Lets see the results this year b/f crowing.

Filling planes is not the problem. Finding more airplanes than are being delivered this year is the problem. I think WS is light on new capacity for 2007/08.

IMO
Old Apr 7, 2007, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Jalinth
This connection makes sense. Walmart is known for being "thrifty" even for travel by its top executives. Does anyone know what Walmart flies in the US? Southwest would be a logical choice.

How thrifty is flying buyers in First Class on CX? Flew back with CX in First and beside me in the two centre pods were two buyers from Wal-Mart "debriefing" from their supplier tour, lauding how they shaved pennies from each item...sipping Dom and enjoying the luxuries of life!

Ran into a group of SEARS middle managers on one of my WS flights. It was a bit pathetic to see them have to cope with such things as getting seats together...pretty full flight and they didn't use online check-in, so none were in any proximity to the other...finishing last minute business on cell phones before boarding (MLL would have been useful "perk").
Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:22 am
Suspended

Programs: AA,ACSE,BA,NW.Priority club,Starwood
Originally Posted by autobrakes
Filling planes is not the problem. Finding more airplanes than are being delivered this year is the problem. I think WS is light on new capacity for 2007/08.

IMO
Ac is even more light on new capacity except for the new 777's. Many domestic/NA routes are doing so well the E90's and #75's are running over capacity and they don't have enough 320's to go around especially with XM mods being done.

WJA's capacity need is for new routes they can delay starting if the planes are not available. I can still find seats to/from western Canada easier on WJA than on AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.