Community
Wiki Posts
Search

employment at westjet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:27 pm

FA Training Test

Any westjet flight attendants on here that can let me know if the test in training are multiple choice or are they written test?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by YukonYXY
Wow. Why people completely make up things and present them as fact I will never know....

Language by Mother Tongue in Canada:

English: 17,882,775
French: 6,817,655

Cantonese: 361,450
Mandarin: 170,950

Source: Statistics Canada: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/11-402-.../tbl01-eng.htm
In YVR I definitely hear more Chinese than French though.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 4:14 pm

I know this is an old post but here's my 2 cents

It's more about the personality they are looking for to come through, & customer service experience... willingness to go out of your way to help your fellow human (not just a WJ Guest)... I guess though it will depend on how much your desired position deals with the public..if it's a AA or CSA or FA this is really important as well as being able to deal with disgruntled guests, attention to safety and details...

Sometimes just depends on who reads your resume.... a person that knows you that works for WJ to refer you can't hurt either!

note: the FA hiring is a tough nut to crack! even for internals....
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:13 pm

Slightly old news...but after all the resume writing and referral, I get an email saying they changed their training schedule and aren't actively hiring. Anyone know if I have to re apply when the posting comes up again? or does my previous application carry over?
Thanks
Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:04 pm

WestJet Pay

Does anyone know what the current starting pay is for CSA's ?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:02 am

I have a group interview with Westjet in Hamilton for a Casual CSA position, just wondering if anyone can say anything about the interview process or if have they changed the way they do the group interview.

Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by murphy09
Does anyone know what the current starting pay is for CSA's ?
Part-time Casual start at $14.25 with the first raise at 9 months
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:15 pm
wendymolly09

Casual CSA Interniew

Originally Posted by Tucker67
I have a group interview with Westjet in Hamilton for a Casual CSA position, just wondering if anyone can say anything about the interview process or if have they changed the way they do the group interview.

Thanks
@Tucker - Congrats on obtaining an interview with WS. I had an interview last Nov 2011 for a CSA role in Vancouver. I was successful but have been placed in a candidate pool until such time a position becomes available. I am still anxiously waiting for a training date but I know when the time comes, it will be well worth the wait! I am so excited

As far as the group interview goes, mine lasted about 3 hours. It consisted of group activities, scenarios and a mini one-on-one. Research WS and learn a bit about the company eg- founded, CEO, destinations etc. The one-on-one only lasted about 10 min. I really believe the interviews are behavioral. Be prepared to stand up and talk in front of the group too! But most of all, be yourself, smile and have fun. Good luck and let us know how you go.

Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

Thanks
Welcome to FT!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Welcome to FT!
Hey Tucker67 good job with getting the interview. I have been applying with Westjet on and off for 16 years yes you read it correctly! I once got to panel in YYC and bombed I know I bombed. I had tried again over the years and did not ever get another try I know several people at Westjet and never asked for help getting an interview because I didn't want to bother them. I am a former FA and knew what it was like... my first mistake! So like I say I was 35 when I first applied and now I am turning 51 OMG I have been applying online and have received the generated responses. I just got an email last that wasnt generated that said I had not been put on the short list. Does ANYONE know if that is good that at least after the generated thank you I heard one that said dear Lesley or am I getting my hopes up? Ill still be out here trying!! Good Luck to all of us
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:06 am

Thanks
Just found out that my references have been called, hopefully that is a good thing and that they only call for the candidates that they are interested in. If not, then I guess I'm still in the same boat, hoping and waiting.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:30 am

Just found out that my references have been called, hopefully that is a good thing and that they only call for the candidates that they are interested in. If not, then I guess I'm still in the same boat, hoping and waiting.
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Westjet inregards to the CSA positions in Hamilton.

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:58 pm

Got the good news today was offered the position of Customer Service Agent in Hamilton, it is only casual but it is exactly what I was looking for.

WOOP WOOP!!!!!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:54 am
wendymolly09

Got the good news today was offered the position of Customer Service Agent in Hamilton, it is only casual but it is exactly what I was looking for.

WOOP WOOP!!!!!
@Tucker. Congratulations on the CSA job. Do you know when and where your training will take place? I have been waiting in a candidate pool of successful applicants for four months (YVR based) and really hope I am given a training date soon. I really want to begin my new career Hope all goes well with your training. Who knows maybe we might end up in the same class!!! Best of luck.

Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by wendymolly09
@Tucker. Congratulations on the CSA job. Do you know when and where your training will take place? I have been waiting in a candidate pool of successful applicants for four months (YVR based) and really hope I am given a training date soon. I really want to begin my new career Hope all goes well with your training. Who knows maybe we might end up in the same class!!! Best of luck.
From what I'm aware my training starts April 1 in Toronto, but I will find out more March 16th when I go in to sign paperwork and get fitted for the uniform. I will keep you updated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.