Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

More than 5,500 WestJet flights in March were late arriving at destination

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2024, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

Perhaps not a surprise for those that may have flown WS in March, but definitely not a great month for reliability. From my recollection, WS had historically been ahead of AC for many years, but recent performance has been at the bottom of the list in NA for both on-time performance as well as completion factor.

For the second consecutive month, Canada’s second-largest airline has operated more late flights than any other major carrier in North America.

Calgary-based WestJet, which operates many of its flights out of Pearson Airport in Mississauga, landed 64.18 per cent of its 15,863 March flights on time (see chart below), according to aviation data firm Cirium’s latest monthly On-time Performance Report that tracks the reliability of North America’s 10 major airlines. That means just over 35 per cent of the carrier’s flights (about 5,552) were late arrivals, meaning 15 minutes or more past scheduled arrival time.

WestJet’s March performance was worse than its numbers in February, when 31 per cent of the carrier’s flights (about 4,520 of 14,592) were late arrivals. While WestJet’s performance numbers have been on the decline the past couple of months, Canada’s largest airline, Air Canada, has shown improvement after consistently finding itself at or near the bottom of the OTP rankings throughout 2023.
https://www.insauga.com/more-than-55...t-destination/
tcook052 likes this.

Last edited by gcashin; Apr 12, 2024 at 10:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.