Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Gold Status Same Day Flight Changes - A Question

Gold Status Same Day Flight Changes - A Question

Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Question Gold Status Same Day Flight Changes - A Question

Hi all,

I am new to westjet gold and wondered about the "no fee for same-day flight changes at check-in" perk.

I am flying home from Vegas on the 6pm flight, direct. There is a 10:45am direct flight that's usually significantly more money than the 6pm flight. Again, both are direct LAS-YYC flights. Can I use this perk to check into the earlier flight? If so, can I do it at the 24 hour checkin mark, or do I have to wait until 12:01am the day the flights leave? I thought I read in a very old thread it had to be within 4 hours of departure, so I am confused....

Thanks all.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
As long as you didn't purchase a basic fare, you can call in when check in opens (6pm in your case the day before departure) and if there are seats available they can switch your flight for free.
Fisch and Nitehawk like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.