Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

YYC Spring Do - 1st Ever Burgers & Scotch Evening - April 26, 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Calgary WS FT Do – 1st Ever Burgers & Scotch Evening

Date: Friday, April 26, 2024
Boarding Time: 18:00 (likely will last until about 23:00; come and go as you please, stop in for an appetizer on your way to another dinner, come for a drink after a family wedding, whatever)
We will be in the private room of the restaurant
Reservation is under Adam Smith (private room is to the right as you come in the main door)

Current Availability
W7 O7 R7 Y7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 N7 S7 X7 T7 K7 L7 E7 A7

Confirmed pax
  • Adam Smith
  • tcook052
  • fbrdky
  • qraec777
  • asovse1
  • gcashin
  • smilee

Signed up for EF alerts on Do availability, but not yet committed to the Do
  • pt360
  • sgrunt
  • Symmetre
  • Nitehawk
  • Mrs. Smith

Don't like burgers or Scotch / committed to eating burgers and drinking Scotch elsewhere that night
  • jashah
  • V1213
  • aerobod
  • Melville
  • YYCCL3
  • Fisch
  • FlyerJ

Important Event Notes
  • The burger and Scotch theme is purely optional. Those are the specialties of the restaurant, but you're free to have a salad and a Coke Zero, fish and white wine, or whatever floats your boat
  • We will have access to a few of the restaurant's recent Whisky Wednesday tasting menus which offer a flight of 3-4 whiskies at a reduced price. For past Do attendees, this is the same as previous years
  • There’s no set cost to attend – everyone just pays for their own food and beverage (the restaurant will do separate bills for everyone)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:20 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver

Since there seemed to be some interest in a get-together of WS forum participants, here we go. More information in the wiki, but basically the idea is a casual gathering over dinner and drinks (you don't have to eat a burger or drink Scotch, you can have whatever you want). We can talk about WestJet, we can talk about things other than WestJet, whatever - no agenda or anything.

Everyone is welcome.

The room can fit 30-something people, so lots of space. Or it can be a smaller gathering - if we're only 5 or 6 people, that's fine too. Let's see how it goes.

I've tried to add people to the list of attendees (yes/maybe) based on posts in the other thread. Please move yourselves if needed. @Fisch @tcook052 @fbrdky @qraec777 @asovse1 @pt360 @gcashin @FlyerJ @jashah @sgrunt @smilee @Symmetre
qraec777, Melville, FlyerJ and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 9:35 pm

Programs: hahaha
Is anyone flying in?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by asovse1
Is anyone flying in?
I fly in to YYC frequently
asovse1 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:39 pm

I unfortunately need to work on April 26 and can’t make it to YYC in time with the available flight options. If I can change my schedule, I’ll advise. Otherwise, I look forward to the next one (maybe a Saturday to make it easier for those of us flying in?)
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:25 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Love this! Thanks for organizing.

I'll confirm once my schedule is firmed up ... I should be able to join.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jashah
I unfortunately need to work on April 26 and can’t make it to YYC in time with the available flight options. If I can change my schedule, I’ll advise. Otherwise, I look forward to the next one (maybe a Saturday to make it easier for those of us flying in?)
It's funny, the AC-forum-centric Do I've hosted has always been on Saturdays, and a bunch of people have asked over the years for a non-Saturday Do, so what can you do?

Hopefully things work out such that you can make it.
asovse1 and tcook052 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:41 pm
Original Member

My bid of day off was awarded. See you all there!
Adam Smith, Melville and tcook052 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I am still on the stand-by list as to fly there for Friday evening only flight is a 1pm flight and requires a little more time off work and with higher fares with Lynx and Flair and Air Canada no longer flying YYJ-YYC in April I am a sure it will be a great time so please keep ne as a maybe. Will firm.up plans next week.
tcook052 and Fisch like this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Put myself on standby as it looks like I'll at least be in the right province this week.
tcook052 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Put myself on standby as it looks like I'll at least be in the right province this week.
When you say "this week" you mean the week of the Do, not this upcoming week, right? I know that it has sometimes been challenging for you with regards to which week a Do is held
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:57 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
When you say "this week" you mean the week of the Do, not this upcoming week, right? I know that it has sometimes been challenging for you with regards to which week a Do is held
Ok, I agree, poor choice of words there. I will be in Alberta the week of the Do, so I will try make it to YYC to attend.
Fisch and Adam Smith like this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

@V1213 @aerobod think we can get either of you out for this?

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Ok, I agree, poor choice of words there. I will be in Alberta the week of the Do, so I will try make it to YYC to attend.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:29 pm

Unfortunately it is my 65th birthday that day, I’ve been told not to book anything…..Not sure what I’ll be doing or where I will be!
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:34 pm

It's funny, the AC-forum-centric Do I've hosted has always been on Saturdays, and a bunch of people have asked over the years for a non-Saturday Do, so what can you do?

Hopefully things work out such that you can make it.
I guess you can’t win…I won’t be able to make it this time. Look forward to the next one. Thanks for organizing.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:33 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, WestJet Plat
Unfortunately, I have another event that night in YQR, otherwise I'd have considered popping over to YYC for the Do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.