Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet adding Calgary-Seattle

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2021, 12:28 am

Programs: skyteam
Originally Posted by sekiya
Good move for WS as DL's Canadian market is hugely shrinking. For the Q400, WS (Encore) has no other options.
DL will be making a return. Delta is more than doubling the number of daily flights between the U.S. and Canada starting in September, eight to 19, resulting in a 150% increase in available seats.

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/air...reopening.html

I predict Encores fleet will change in the coming years. Perhaps a new fleet type.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Ewww. Especially for the water + powdered instant coffee beverage. (Why even bother?)

Is the situation for running water / brewed coffee the same on Air Canada Express Q400s?
Jazz Q400s also don't have running water.

2 coffee makers onboard (one for coffee and one for tea), filled with bottled water (pre covid days we'd carry a half trolley worth of water for the coffee makers).

Random fact, when Air Canada switched to Naya for bottled water, it caused a bunch of issues for the Q400 coffee makers due to it's mineral content. Solution was to switch to aquafina for the coffee makers only.
Heffeh41 and cirrusdragoon like this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 12:57 pm

Have taken the YEG-SEA run a few times on Alaskan air lines. Its always been full and they were adding a 3rd flight a day before Covid happened. Always have appreciated their service. Hopefully Alaskan does come back to Edmonton. I don't want to have to take a plane to Calgary to hop on a Westjet plane to Seattle. And then write my annual letter to Westjet asking for more direct flights to the U.S. (including Seattle if need be) and Europe for Edmonton and then have westjet respond months later to basically (not literally) tell me that I'm blowing smoke out of my arse.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by SonofYEG
Have taken the YEG-SEA run a few times on Alaskan air lines. Its always been full and they were adding a 3rd flight a day before Covid happened. Always have appreciated their service. Hopefully Alaskan does come back to Edmonton. I don't want to have to take a plane to Calgary to hop on a Westjet plane to Seattle. And then write my annual letter to Westjet asking for more direct flights to the U.S. (including Seattle if need be) and Europe for Edmonton and then have westjet respond months later to basically (not literally) tell me that I'm blowing smoke out of my arse.
"Alaska" Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.