Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WJ blocking middle seat on upcoming flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WJ blocking middle seat on upcoming flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2020, 5:33 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I booked my January trip to maui this morning to take advantage of the relaxed change/cancellation terms. The middle seats are blocked even that far out. Hope it stays that way, but I somehow doubt it.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I was contemplating the same except for Oahu but my faith in the MAX being back in service then is minimal.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Error 601
I was contemplating the same except for Oahu but my faith in the MAX being back in service then is minimal.
It shows a 738 to OGG as usual. We got dicked around by AC this year because of the Max. Won’t do that again.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 8:25 pm

I was hoping they would put the 767 on YYC-HNL but it is still scheduled as the MAX 8.

We can deal with YYC-YVR-HNL but the return trip is brutal so we go through LAX or SFO on United with Aeroplan points.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 11:43 pm

I was hoping they would put the 767 on YYC-HNL but it is still scheduled as the MAX 8.

We can deal with YYC-YVR-HNL but the return trip is brutal so we go through LAX or SFO on United with Aeroplan points.
I’m sure their 767 fleet is done!
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Agree, this pandemic will send a lot of old birds to the desert for good. It's too bad, I always liked the '67s ... it seems a sad way to end their flying.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Agree, this pandemic will send a lot of old birds to the desert for good. It's too bad, I always liked the '67s ... it seems a sad way to end their flying.
Maybe a lot of 767s will be headed to Prime Air.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentlander
Maybe a lot of 767s will be headed to Prime Air.
That would be my most likely bet, as Amazon originally outbid WestJet on several 767-300s before WestJet ordered the 787s, I think they were either Air New Zealand or JAL ones, from what I can remember.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:31 pm

I will miss the 767 because even in economy they were reasonably comfortable, which isn't something that can be said about any 787. I had hoped they might utilize the 767 on routes such as YYC-HNL if the MAX is still holding down the tarmac at the world's airports next fall but obviously circumstances have changed.

Of course I probably sound like a decadent lowlife even contemplating Hawaii next year at the moment.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:54 pm

Of course I probably sound like a decadent lowlife even contemplating Hawaii next year at the moment.
I dream about Hawaii all the time. Maui is my zen place. It’s healthy to look forward to things, including the normal we were used to just a month ago.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 7:27 pm

Not at all ! I'm going, even if I have to paddle there in a kayak.
YYCguy likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Sopwith
Not at all ! I'm going, even if I have to paddle there in a kayak.
Does the time spent in the ocean count towards the 14 day quarantine period when arriving in Hawaii?
YYCguy and Symmetre like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.