Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet Elevation Lounge YYC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:40 am

Programs: skyteam
Originally Posted by YYCguy
I note that the lounge looks out onto the passing foot traffic alongside the Link passageway. Can those pedestrians see into the lounge as well?
It is one way glass.

Quoted from this review:

“You’ll be able to spot planes, gaze at the Calgary skyline and even see out to the foothills of the surrounding mountains through the one-way glass next to many of the seating areas.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/westje...ry-first-look/
YYCguy likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Has anybody been to the new lounge yet, assuming it opened on time this Monday?
Old Nov 8, 2020, 7:21 pm

Visited during the lunch time hour a few days ago and there was almost no one there. Very impressed with the design and speed of service. Food was freshly prepared with real cutleries and dishes and delivered within minutes. You order from a QR code that is at the place you are sitting at. Definitely recommend!

Only downside is that the WS agents are very slow in processing priority pass holders but with time, I am sure this won't be an issue. Since I was flying with AC, they took detailed notes regarding my boarding pass, not sure whether this was because of COVID contact tracing or just wanted whatever info they could get from me from the competitor. Also interesting that they didn't need any signatures... (always had to sign every time with priority pass)

Menu: Small Plates
  • Fresh fruit plate
  • Canadian cheese plate
  • Chicken Noodle Soup
  • Butternut Squash Soup
Large Plates
  • Alberta Beef Brisket
  • Aloo Gobi
  • Tomato Basil Pasta Salad
Children’s Menu
  • Pasta with tomato sauce
  • Buttered pasta
Dessert
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie
  • West Coast Nanaimo bar
Beer on Tap
  • WestJet Elevation Beer
  • Annex Metes & Bounds Extra Pale Ale
  • Belgian Moon
  • Cold Garden Dandelion’s Blonde
  • Coors Light Banquet
Wine on tap
  • Caberent Sauvignon
  • Pinot Noir
  • Bordeaux Blanc
  • Sauvignon Blanc
Red by the Glass
  • Cave Spring Gamay Noir
  • Hillside Merlot
  • Pago Casa Gran Garnacha
  • Vinosophia Montepulciano
White by the glass
  • Vinosophia Passerina
  • Pago Casa Gran Casa Benasal
  • Peninsula Ridge Sauvignon Blanc
Sparkling and Rose by the glass
  • Road 13 Honest John’s Rose
  • Azimut Cava Brut Nature Rose
Highballs
  • Gin Highballs
  • Rum highballs
  • Tequila and Mezcal Highballs
  • Vodka Highballs
  • Whiskey Highballs
Speciality Cocktail
  • WestJet Elevation Cocktail
  • Angular, Linear, Rigid
  • Double Undercut
  • Ernestine
  • Holorime
  • Major Thirds
  • Principals without Boundaries
  • Punchline First
  • Recess Between Acts
  • Shadier than a Palm Tree
  • The Most Daring Soprano
Classic Cocktails
  • Bourbon Cocktails
  • Gin
  • Rum
  • Vodka
  • Other spirits
Old Nov 9, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: aeroplan, amex, priority club
was there last night ,went around 830 thought nobody be in there for a sunday night ,,place was half full , open till 930 but u can stay till 10 , had the beef brisket and it was good .
Old Nov 10, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I'm guessing the lounge will close if AB goes the "circuit breaker" route ?
Old Nov 14, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: Several
Beautiful Lounge

Trying out the new YYC lounge today and it is really nice. Just
sit at a table, scan the code on the table and the menu pops up. Place order and it’s brought to your table within minutes. Had a lovely breakfast. Now off to Puerto Vallarta for some sunshine and warmth. Cheers!

Old Nov 16, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I think....

Originally Posted by WestonC
Trying out the new YYC lounge today and it is really nice. Just
sit at a table, scan the code on the table and the menu pops up. Place order and it’s brought to your table within minutes. Had a lovely breakfast. Now off to Puerto Vallarta for some sunshine and warmth. Cheers!

...they could have left the toast in the toaster a little longer .
WestonC, YYCguy and cirrusdragoon like this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:30 pm

With the restrictions announced today by the Premier, would the lounge be subject to close/take out order only?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 10:43 am

Stopped in WS Elevation Lounge this morning to check out the modified breakfast service. A doggie bag to go with oatmeal/yogurt/wild blueberries and a pain au chocolat with a bottle of water and nice cappuccino to go. There were only about 12 people in the lounge.

Old Dec 14, 2020, 1:20 pm

⬆️Are you able to choose what you would like in the bag or is it already pre-packaged?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Stopped in WS Elevation Lounge this morning to check out the modified breakfast service. A doggie bag to go with oatmeal/yogurt/wild blueberries and a pain au chocolat with a bottle of water and nice cappuccino to go. There were only about 12 people in the lounge.

12 people in the lounge as in 12 passengers?
Old Dec 15, 2020, 4:40 am

⬆️Are you able to choose what you would like in the bag or is it already pre-packaged?
It's prepackaged.

Originally Posted by On Time Reports
12 people in the lounge as in 12 passengers?
Yes, 12 pax just sitting around using the internet. Since there's literally no other activities permitted.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 10:29 am

Yes, 12 pax just sitting around using the internet. Since there's literally no other activities permitted.
I’m surprised that anyone is allowed to remain there. So if you’re just using the internet but want to sip your coffee would that be allowed or is no eating or drinking allowed at all?
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:09 am

I’m surprised that anyone is allowed to remain there. So if you’re just using the internet but want to sip your coffee would that be allowed or is no eating or drinking allowed at all?
No eating and drinking allowed at all. They give you the takeout bag and coffee as you're leaving.

It's absurd but this has been the way the lounges in Germany - including the first class lounges - have been operating for close to two months.

When you step outside the lounge all the benches are filled with maskless people eating and drinking products from various outlets... Whereas in the lounge spacing is enforced... But what do I know, I'm not a public health official.
WannabeSE likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
No eating and drinking allowed at all. They give you the takeout bag and coffee as you're leaving.

It's absurd but this has been the way the lounges in Germany - including the first class lounges - have been operating for close to two months.

When you step outside the lounge all the benches are filled with maskless people eating and drinking products from various outlets... Whereas in the lounge spacing is enforced... But what do I know, I'm not a public health official.
The real question is who the public health officials know about airport lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.