WestJet Elevation Lounge YYC

Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:11 pm
  #226  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: YYF/YLW
Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Posts: 5,971
Originally Posted by traveller12345
Oh I didn't know that. Could I access the Aspire lounge in concourse D? They close at 7:30pm or 8:30pm, so I wonder if they will turn me away I go there around 6pm with a boarding pass for 12:20am.
Yes, accessing the D Aspire lounge before a domestic flight is now no problem. I've been able to get in there with Priority Pass a few times when the Elevate Lounge was turning away Priority Pass customers. When I can get in to the Elevate Lounge and I'm flying out of D, I'll typically go there until an hour before the flight then move over to Aspire. It's not as nice as Elevate but perfectly fine; I believe Aspire charges for showers whereas Elevate does not. Never had to deal with a (scheduled) flight that late, so I haven't tested the lounge closure / advanced entry issue you're asking about.
traveller12345 likes this.
ashill is offline  
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:34 pm
  #227  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: YEG, SFO, VCA, JR JY-13
Programs: hahaha
Posts: 933
I was at Elevate until the lounge closed recently. I don’t know when they stop admitting guests, but I got in at around 9:15pm. Last food order was announced at 10:15pm and I promptly left at 10:20. I’m sure you can stay a bit longer to “enjoy” your snack, but I had enough time in the empty lounge to do all of that in the preceding hour
Fisch and traveller12345 like this.
asovse1 is offline  
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:36 pm
  #228  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by ashill
Yes, accessing the D Aspire lounge before a domestic flight is now no problem. I've been able to get in there with Priority Pass a few times when the Elevate Lounge was turning away Priority Pass customers. When I can get in to the Elevate Lounge and I'm flying out of D, I'll typically go there until an hour before the flight then move over to Aspire. It's not as nice as Elevate but perfectly fine; I believe Aspire charges for showers whereas Elevate does not. Never had to deal with a (scheduled) flight that late, so I haven't tested the lounge closure / advanced entry issue you're asking about.
Thank you, I'll try Aspire lounge first. Even if I can get in, they close at 830pm so I can try my luck at Elevation then.
traveller12345 is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:46 pm
  #229  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 443
Originally Posted by ashill
Yes, accessing the D Aspire lounge before a domestic flight is now no problem. I've been able to get in there with Priority Pass a few times when the Elevate Lounge was turning away Priority Pass customers. When I can get in to the Elevate Lounge and I'm flying out of D, I'll typically go there until an hour before the flight then move over to Aspire. It's not as nice as Elevate but perfectly fine; I believe Aspire charges for showers whereas Elevate does not. Never had to deal with a (scheduled) flight that late, so I haven't tested the lounge closure / advanced entry issue you're asking about.
https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...ational-lounge

International flights from Concourse D only.
I guess PP never bothered changing that line on the page? I will try next time I'm in YYC taking a domestic flight


seks is offline  
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:56 pm
  #230  
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Posts: 16,878
The Aspire lounge has its own thread in the Airport Lounges forum...
Adam Smith is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:08 pm
  #231  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Programs: AP AS BA
Posts: 370
I have found that the quality of the food served in WS lounge to have deterorated, not quite as bad as AC MLL but definately not as good as 2023.
I had breakfast when the lounge opened at 0500 on a Saturday. The French toast with real maple syrup came out as reheated premade meal (likely from Gordon Food Services) with a package of pancake syrup. The scrambled eggs with the full English breakfast was overcooked and so were the poached egg on the breakfast sandwich.
Thankfully, service remained excellent.
fbrdky is offline  
Old May 16, 2024, 2:59 pm
  #232  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: YYC
Posts: 2,080
The lounge wasn't accepting Priority Pass customers at 2 PM today. They had a big sign out front saying that they are "welcoming WS status members and Business Class customers", but I poked my head in to ask anyway.
YYCCL3 is offline  
Old May 24, 2024, 1:44 am
  #233  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 10,077
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
The lounge wasn't accepting Priority Pass customers at 2 PM today. They had a big sign out front saying that they are "welcoming WS status members and Business Class customers", but I poked my head in to ask anyway.
Priority Pass and/or Westjet should just put this Priority Pass thing out to pasture. Basically its near impossible to get in at most anytime..
Altaflyer is offline  
Old May 24, 2024, 8:49 am
  #234  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The World
Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 1,521
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Priority Pass and/or Westjet should just put this Priority Pass thing out to pasture. Basically its near impossible to get in at most anytime..
Sadly that's the situation with lounges everywhere these days. Amex Centurion lounges are almost always packed and often have long lines and waits to enter. Ditto for Delta Sky Clubs. Even the mediocre Aspire Lounges at YYC (part of WS's lounge program, but they do not prioritize WS status passengers) often have long lines -- with wait times that are so long they may as well just turn people away.

With travel booming, the number of people with status (and lounge access) has boomed -- and the number of people trying to take advantage of PP or Amex Platinum travel benefits has boomed.
Da_Master likes this.
FlyerJ is offline  
Old May 24, 2024, 9:28 am
  #235  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: YVR
Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Posts: 555
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Sadly that's the situation with lounges everywhere these days. Amex Centurion lounges are almost always packed and often have long lines and waits to enter. Ditto for Delta Sky Clubs. Even the mediocre Aspire Lounges at YYC (part of WS's lounge program, but they do not prioritize WS status passengers) often have long lines -- with wait times that are so long they may as well just turn people away.

With travel booming, the number of people with status (and lounge access) has boomed -- and the number of people trying to take advantage of PP or Amex Platinum travel benefits has boomed.
Still?

Delta made it a lot more strict with entry requirements last year or so. I almost bought a Delta international business class ticket yesterday, after I double checked, unlike Air Canada, United, and American, I confirmed it wasn't good enough to SkyClub: I needed to fly their Delta One.

I entered a Priority Pass lounge in Europe this week, there were plenty of seats. If Centurion, SkyClub, etc are still crowded, it's more to do with credit card benefits in N America, than travel 'booming'.

I'm not chasing after Priority Pass or Visa Airport Companion, but some of my cards come with those anyway and many of my entitlements go unused every year. I imagine some people use them up.
maverikbc is offline  
Old May 26, 2024, 1:42 am
  #236  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: YEG
Programs: AC 50K, AF/KL Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by fbrdky
I have found that the quality of the food served in WS lounge to have deterorated, not quite as bad as AC MLL but definately not as good as 2023.
I had breakfast when the lounge opened at 0500 on a Saturday. The French toast with real maple syrup came out as reheated premade meal (likely from Gordon Food Services) with a package of pancake syrup. The scrambled eggs with the full English breakfast was overcooked and so were the poached egg on the breakfast sandwich.
Thankfully, service remained excellent.
I think breakfast is mostly rather mediocre nowadays but lunch/dinner hours can still be decent, though breakfast being mediocre is still better than most domestic MLLs...
tcuhrc is offline  
Old May 27, 2024, 1:14 pm
  #237  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: YYZ
Programs: Aeroplan, 50K Altitude, Nexus
Posts: 344
I use it once a month, but I assume in the summer it will be very hard with lots of wide bodies going to Europe.
From September- April, its hard to get during morning rush and after 4 PM. All other times they let you in.
Used it twice in May with my Priority pass, one flight leaving at 10:30 AM one around 12:30.
Swarez is offline  
Old May 30, 2024, 7:45 am
  #238  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 443
We (2 adults + 1 toddler) were at the lounge the past weekend for the first time. Used my PP to get in. Front desk scanned our two boarding passes. No mention of extra charges or anything.

Today, I got charged $35 USD transaction for PP on my AMEX Biz Plat. Does the PP not give 1 primary + 1 guest complimentary access to this lounge? Or did I get charge because of the toddler?
seks is offline  
Old May 30, 2024, 8:17 am
  #239  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The World
Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 1,521
Originally Posted by seks
We (2 adults + 1 toddler) were at the lounge the past weekend for the first time. Used my PP to get in. Front desk scanned our two boarding passes. No mention of extra charges or anything.

Today, I got charged $35 USD transaction for PP on my AMEX Biz Plat. Does the PP not give 1 primary + 1 guest complimentary access to this lounge? Or did I get charge because of the toddler?
Thats a Priority Pass and Amex issue, not so much one with a specific lounge.

When it comes to PP, I dont think staff in any PP participating lounge know about all of the different types of PP, nor do they determine whether to assess any charges or have any idea what the charges should be. They just scan the PP card, enter the number of people, and scan the boarding pass.

I know that the Priority Pass that comes with my Platinum Amex covers me plus one guest but different cards get different versions of PP.

My kids are past toddler age, so I dont know if there are different entry rules or benefits for young kids. You should take it up with Priority Pass if you think the child should have been free.
FlyerJ is offline  
Old May 30, 2024, 1:44 pm
  #240  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: YYF/YLW
Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Posts: 5,971
Originally Posted by seks
We (2 adults + 1 toddler) were at the lounge the past weekend for the first time. Used my PP to get in. Front desk scanned our two boarding passes. No mention of extra charges or anything.

Today, I got charged $35 USD transaction for PP on my AMEX Biz Plat. Does the PP not give 1 primary + 1 guest complimentary access to this lounge? Or did I get charge because of the toddler?
How old is the toddler? PP says children under 2 are complimentary. Presumably it depends what the lounge agent enters into their computer for the child; thats the only way PP would know whether to charge or not. If the lounge said the toddler is 2 or older, PP would have had to pay the lounge for them. If theyre under two, definitely complain. I suspect its ultimately the lounges fault, but Id say its up to PP/Amex to sort it out with Westjet.
Da_Master likes this.
ashill is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.