Cancellations at T3 this morning, April 28/19

Old Apr 28, 19, 5:58 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: YYJ
Programs: ALT50kE / SPG-G / FPC-LACCOR-G
Posts: 237
Cancellations at T3 this morning, April 28/19

Looks like at least four westbound flights from YYZ have been outright cancelled this morning. Apparently weather in Alberta (snow) and Vancouver (wind) are cited as reasons for cancellations...

I only noted this here in the forums as I've seen lots of weather delays in the past, but not very many straight out cancellations! Anyways, best of luck to all trying to rebook, etc.!

Last edited by a4racer; Apr 28, 19 at 6:27 am
a4racer is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 6:26 am
  #2  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: YYJ
Programs: ALT50kE / SPG-G / FPC-LACCOR-G
Posts: 237
Update...

Now both YYZ-YVR flights WS 701 and WS703 are cancelled. WS701 took a 2h20m delay before cancellation...
a4racer is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 6:36 am
  #3  
5mm
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 669
Originally Posted by a4racer View Post
Looks like at least four westbound flights from YYZ have been outright cancelled this morning. Apparently weather in Alberta (snow) and Vancouver (wind) are cited as reasons for cancellations...

I only noted this here in the forums as I've seen lots of weather delays in the past, but not very many straight out cancellations! Anyways, best of luck to all trying to rebook, etc.!
Weather can't be the reason for YVR. The only cancellations so far this morning are the 2 WS flights from YYZ AC is running their flights basically on time Plus WS hasn't cancelled any other flights into YVR.
5mm is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 8:08 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 73
Remarks from ExpertFlyer:
WS 701
YYZ 700A 3 B5
YVR DT B21 903A
1FX CXL CREW CONTROLLABLE *0738*HDQOCA
WS 703
YYZ 900A 3 B5
YVR DT B17 1103A
1FX UPLINE CXL WX UNCONTROLLABLE IN YYC *0351*HDQOCA
zappy312 is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 9:09 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: YYJ
Programs: ALT50kE / SPG-G / FPC-LACCOR-G
Posts: 237
And latest update...

My flight, ws707 was also cancelled. Gate announcements were that they "could not find a pilot". Delayed, then cancelled. All flights today and tomorrow, apparently, are full now, WS having rebooked the previous two flights on remaining capacity.

Sigh. I was SO hoping that my conscious shift to WS away from AC this year would have been better. As it is, AC just got a full fare one-way fare from me so I can get home.
a4racer is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 9:27 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YVR
Programs: Accidental AC E35K
Posts: 2,390
Weather here in YVR is fine this morning. The wind settled down overnight.
Sopwith is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 9:30 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: YYJ
Programs: ALT50kE / SPG-G / FPC-LACCOR-G
Posts: 237
I'm learning...

Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Weather here in YVR is fine this morning. The wind settled down overnight.
That two of three cancellations this morning were crew related, and one related to upline weather in YYC.

Havent seen the WS707 expertflyer data but we were told that the pilot didnt show up, hence: cancellation. Jeepers.
a4racer is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 9:35 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 609
Originally Posted by a4racer View Post

Havent seen the WS707 expertflyer data but we were told that the pilot didnt show up, hence: cancellation. Jeepers.
Perhaps either commuting or deadheading or because of weather couldn’t get to the airport?
YYCguy is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 9:40 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: YYJ
Programs: ALT50kE / SPG-G / FPC-LACCOR-G
Posts: 237
That...

Originally Posted by YYCguy View Post


Perhaps either commuting or deadheading or because of weather couldn’t get to the airport?
...sounds plausible. Unfortunate, but at least plausible.
a4racer is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 11:10 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by a4racer View Post
That two of three cancellations this morning were crew related, and one related to upline weather in YYC.

Havent seen the WS707 expertflyer data but we were told that the pilot didnt show up, hence: cancellation. Jeepers.
Here's the data:

YYZ 1000A 3 B2A
YVR DT B14 1203P
1FX CXL WX UNCONTROLLABLE IN YYC *1042*HDQOCA
zappy312 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread