Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus Westjet Dollars used before existing WSD?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold

WestJet just sent an email this morning about bonus Westjet dollars for 2 days (expires end of day 4/28). I already had ~$100 WS dollars in my account at the time.

I redeemed 50 WSD towards a flight, and paid the balance in cash. Do the WS dollars I used come out of the limited time bonus bucket, or out of my existing WS dollar balance? When I check expiration of my WS dollars after the booking, still shows I have 50 WSD expiring 4/28. I'm worried that they deducted from my regular WSD balance and not the bonus WSDs.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:38 pm

the system will use whatever dollars expire the soonest. In the case it would be the bonus dollars unless you had other points expiring before then.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Indeed, it appears the WS system correctly deducted the bonus WS dollars before the existing ones I had.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by AwardBee
Indeed, it appears the WS system correctly deducted the bonus WS dollars before the existing ones I had.
Yep, that's what happened to me too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.