Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet INSANE boxing day sale 70% off

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet INSANE boxing day sale 70% off

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan
How comparable are the 15% codes? I assume that they only apply to base fare, not YQ. Does one airline tend to charge a higher YQ than the other? Or does it vary widely with routes.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by yul36
Exactly, you would have booked them anyways. So you got 15% off, thanks to the air canada offer being longer and westjet matching.
That's not quite accurate. I got 50% off a transcon and 15% off two shorter trips, which winds up being a better deal than the blanket 15% discount AC is evidently offering. But I would not have booked with Air Canada in any case, since I got fed up with AC's shoddy service, incessant delays and the consistently indifferent and/or snarky attitude of its staff long ago.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by Symmetre
That's not quite accurate. I got 50% off a transcon and 15% off two shorter trips, which winds up being a better deal than the blanket 15% discount AC is evidently offering. But I would not have booked with Air Canada in any case, since I got fed up with AC's shoddy service, incessant delays and the consistently indifferent and/or snarky attitude of its staff long ago.
Unfortunately WS is going in the same direction. That's the problem with getting too big too fast, you lose the personal folksy touch that differentiated you. Funny thing is my last few airport and gate interactions on AC reminded me of the reasons I liked to fly WS. There seems to be more empowerment to problem solve, On WS some agents told me there is less, This is not a universal, and I like many on this forum and other FF forums and blogs are not the average traveller. So expectations are different from the 80% of people who fly once a year or so.

Last edited by yul36; Dec 28, 2017 at 1:11 pm Reason: context
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:37 am

Lightbulb Companion Voucher/Boxing Day Promo; Plus

Happy New Year Westjetsetters!

Possible to purchase plus seat or a second flight with companion fare voucher on this Boxing Day promo??

Thanks )
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:33 am

Heh. I missed this altogether but just put a reminder in my calendar for next Dec 25 at 7 pm. As I am in the Atlantic time zone it will probably be early, early Boxing day for me, if they do it again, but sounds like it could be worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.