Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Effective November 13, 2017 WS Gold Members Can Upgrade to Plus 48 Hours in Advance

Effective November 13, 2017 WS Gold Members Can Upgrade to Plus 48 Hours in Advance

Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:59 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Posts: 2,775
Effective November 13, 2017 WS Gold Members Can Upgrade to Plus 48 Hours in Advance

Effective November 13, 2017 WestJet is trialing an opportunity for Gold Rewards members to receive early access (48 hours prior to departure) to purchase an upgrade to Plus for a fee (regular Plus upgrade fees will apply).

During this test period, you will need to proactively call into the Gold priority support number (available through the WestJet app) to purchase your upgrade (you will not receive an automated email notifying you that advance purchase is now available). At the 24-hour mark, purchase of Plus upgrades will be available to all guests via online check-in.
CanuckFlyHigh is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:11 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Posts: 2,979
Where do you check what the fee will be before calling?
HomerJ is offline  
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:55 am
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: GVA (Greater Vancouver Area)
Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Posts: 52,229
Wow, the honour to pay an additional fee on top of the Plus upgrade fee is just too generous!
mahasamatman is offline  
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:34 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,296
Wait, they're wanting to charge a fee on top of an upgrade fee??? Not sure if this is a good perk, especially when other airlines allow their top tier elite members the ability to upgrade in advance of everyone else at no extra charge.
Arthurrs is offline  
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:37 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The World
Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 1,519
What additional fee are you referring to?

The OP says you can buy up to Plus - by paying the regular Plus upgrade fee. The benefit (which is a nice one) is that you get earlier access to those seats than anyone else.
FlyerJ is online now  
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:57 pm
  #6  
Company Representative: WestJet
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Programs: WestJet Rewards
Posts: 292
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
Wait, they're wanting to charge a fee on top of an upgrade fee??? Not sure if this is a good perk, especially when other airlines allow their top tier elite members the ability to upgrade in advance of everyone else at no extra charge.
Hi [MENTION=17896]Arthurrs[/MENTION],

There is no additional charges to upgrade early, just the regular PLUS upgrade fee applies. The only way to do so is by contacting the Gold Priority Support Phone Line directly, via the WestJet app during the office hours 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. MST. More information on the service fees can be found here: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel...4-item-2-pos-2. As the early option for Golds is unpublished (a trial), this information is general to all guests.

Hope this helps!

Mandy
WestJet
WestJet is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:28 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: YYZ
Programs: Presto
Posts: 638
I used it successfully yesterday with no issues. The agent was immediately aware of the 48 hour window, though it did take a few minutes to process ( likely an override situation?). Kudos for the new benefit.
NoahVail is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:25 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: YYZ/YUL
Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Posts: 1,476
Originally Posted by NoahVail
I used it successfully yesterday with no issues. The agent was immediately aware of the 48 hour window, though it did take a few minutes to process ( likely an override situation?). Kudos for the new benefit.
What was the route, and how much did you pay for the upgrade?
yul36 is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:16 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,296
Originally Posted by WestJet
Hi [MENTION=17896]Arthurrs[/MENTION],

There is no additional charges to upgrade early, just the regular PLUS upgrade fee applies. The only way to do so is by contacting the Gold Priority Support Phone Line directly, via the WestJet app during the office hours 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. MST. More information on the service fees can be found here: https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel...4-item-2-pos-2. As the early option for Golds is unpublished (a trial), this information is general to all guests.

Hope this helps!

Mandy
WestJet
Awesome! Thanks for the clarification!! Definitely will use this for my benefit!
Arthurrs is offline  
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:45 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Posts: 2,775
I agree the wording is slightly confusing This is an awesome benefit.
CanuckFlyHigh is offline  
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:28 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: YYZ
Programs: Presto
Posts: 638
Originally Posted by yul36
What was the route, and how much did you pay for the upgrade?
YVR-YYZ/$120++
NoahVail is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.