Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Canada"s #1 Travel Rewards Card is getting even better" - what a crock

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Canada"s #1 Travel Rewards Card is getting even better" - what a crock

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by Fiordland
I also have the AMEX Business Platinum. The lounge benefit is excellent especially if you fly WestJet. Most of the Canadian lounges are in the area of the airport where WestJet operates from. It is almost as if the two were made for each other. It is a bit of a pain being on AC and having to go all the way over to the WestJet area in Vancouver or Calgary for the better lounge experience.

The one weakness of the program is lounge access outside of North America. In the US the program is tightly aligned with Delta.

The Amex program? I think I have only been in two DL lounges. But many Centurion lounges?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by yul36
The Amex program? I think I have only been in two DL lounges. But many Centurion lounges?
The AMEX program and the Centurion lounges are excellent. Only complaint is Seattle is a bit small and Las Vegas is busy.

The fact with AMEX you get access to Delta lounges when flying delta is a plus for the stations that do not have Centurion lounges. The one draw back is no guests and the Delta lounges are not as nice as the AMEX lounges.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by Fiordland
The one draw back is no guests and the Delta lounges are not as nice as the AMEX lounges.
I'd generally agree with that, but it must be said that some of the newer DL lounges are quite nice. A good example would be the new DL lounge in SEA that opened last fall which, although not huge, is very comfy indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.