Wiki Posts
Search

A/C Type?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
A/C Type?

Is there a way to determine which a/c will be on a WS route? I'm flying to YYT from YOW tonight on WS 24 and I'm wondering if it will still be live TV or if it's the new system. Their site doesn't seem to have a/c type or much info on what it will be, just that it's a mainline flight. I'm traveling with three kids, plus it's the sens game towards the end of the flight.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Tweet them. They're quick to respond.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Yes, they will tell you A and you get B or C. So it's not worth bothering to.

Maybe if you tweet while the plane is at the gate.

I have tried a few times and seem to get the "you have wifi" and you get the version not only without wifi but with disabled TVs so no entertainment at all.

Happened to me on two of the longest routes they have not overseas - YVR and SJO from YYZ.

The bottom line is you get what you get so not worth sweating over or relying on the tweet system unless sper close to departure.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
If I knew the flight pattern better I would have realized this one continues to Gatwick and as a result is the new configuration since the live TV doesn't work over the ocean.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
If I knew the flight pattern better I would have realized this one continues to Gatwick and as a result is the new configuration since the live TV doesn't work over the ocean.
And if I'd read this sooner I'm could have told you the same (having just got off ws25 I'm yyt that morning! 😉 Sorry but as you found out gogo Satellite internet and not seatback tv.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.