Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same-day flight changes on Westjet?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
a quick question, my intl inbound time has changed, so i am able to make the last flight of the day now, unfortunately the change was made after I had booked my WS flights.

I know if your booked on the last flight of the day you can move to the first in the morning, does the same happen in reverse?

I'm booked on the am flight, but can move to the last flight of the day now, saving me a hotel cost for the night. Will the same day flight change accept this, or is it easy to call, pay and change, as it wont let me do it online and the call queue is pretty long at the moment.

Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Good question. I don't know the answer (never tried it) but there's no question you will need to call, since the online engine simply won't recognize it as a same-day change due to the different departure dates. The call center agent should be able to help though, especially if you call the gold priority line (its on their app).

Let us know how it works out?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Good question. I don't know the answer (never tried it) but there's no question you will need to call, since the online engine simply won't recognize it as a same-day change due to the different departure dates. The call center agent should be able to help though, especially if you call the gold priority line (its on their app).

Let us know how it works out?
I never knew of the line and called the normal one.. giving up... i just noticed it now.. will all in a bit and update

Update: I called the priority line, the very helpful assistant advised it can't be done that way, so i changed the booking to the last flight of the night before, it was much cheaper than booking the hotel for a night!

Last edited by aidy; Feb 13, 2017 at 9:42 am
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Anyone gone direct to non-direct?

eg LAX-YYC is at 12.50pm landing 5pm (first flight of the day)
I can go LAX-YVR-YYC, leave 6h earlier and get in 3h earlier...
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by shuuy

I have done this without any issues. Wanted to have lunch with a friend at the mid point.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: Several
After reading a lot of posts and the link in post 2 above I’m wondering if anything has changed in the past couple of years. I have used same day change but can’t recall this scenario. This question is for a Gold member (but not Austin Powers).

Lets say there are flights from YYZ to YVR departing at 0600 and 0700 and 0800.
Someone is booked on the 0600 departure.
At online check in will it show options to change to 0700 and 0800?
if not available at online check in can the traveller ring in the 24 hours prior to request the 0800?

It would be nice not to have to go to the airport for the 0600 and request the 0800 which is how the link in post 2 explains it. Just wondering If this has changed since it was posted in 2014.

thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:12 pm

Hi WestonC,

Regarding your question "can the traveller ring in the 24 hours prior to request the 0800?" the answer remains no. The policy has not changed.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by bmuusrule
Hi WestonC,

Regarding your question "can the traveller ring in the 24 hours prior to request the 0800?" the answer remains no. The policy has not changed.

Hi - just back from a similar trip that I indicated above.

I online checked in at the 24 hour prior mark to the original 0600 flight. There was no option to select any other flight. I tried on iPhone and iPad WestJet apps. I also tried using the iPad to go onto the WestJet website. In all attempts there was never an option to select an alternate flight.

So I rang WS at approximately 0610 and asked the process. The agent said you cannot do this on the app or online and you have to phone in. So I asked if I could change to the 0800 flight. She said no problem and I was changed.

So I'm still confused about how this all works. I guess you just have to ring in and asked for an alternate flight.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Anyone know if a same-day flight change (or at least standby on an earlier flight) is allowed on a domestic WS ticket purchased using Delta Skymiles?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:36 am

Does anyone know if Delta Gold status provide free standby on an earlier flight on Westjet?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by GeraldHouse
Does anyone know if Delta Gold status provide free standby on an earlier flight on Westjet?
No. There’s little to no linkage or cross-program benefits between their FF programs ... for now. Today, the only benefit for Delta members is earning and redeeming points (but that may change in the future, as the WS-DL joint venture progresses).
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: WestJet Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by WestonC
Hi - just back from a similar trip that I indicated above.

I online checked in at the 24 hour prior mark to the original 0600 flight. There was no option to select any other flight. I tried on iPhone and iPad WestJet apps. I also tried using the iPad to go onto the WestJet website. In all attempts there was never an option to select an alternate flight.

So I rang WS at approximately 0610 and asked the process. The agent said you cannot do this on the app or online and you have to phone in. So I asked if I could change to the 0800 flight. She said no problem and I was changed.

So I'm still confused about how this all works. I guess you just have to ring in and asked for an alternate flight.
I had the same situation last week. Accidentally booked my return flight for 8pm instead of 8pm
from Toronto last week. Didn’t realize until I went to check in at noon the day before. It wouldn’t let me check in. Just after 8pm (just inside the 24 hour window) I tried changing my flight through the app. The option was greyed out. I called the gold line and was told it was no problem I could make the change by phone. Was moved to the 7am flight with absolutely no hassle and no change fees.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I have a flight (or a pair of) coming up in ~2 1/2 weeks. The feeder/1st flights (scheduled and the prior) are open. However, the connecting flight seems fairly full (current back cabin fare is Econo Flex which is 50% more than the front cabin fare), as is the 1st flight of the day. Mid afternoon (2nd) flight seems to be fairly empty by comparison (fares much, much lower). Wonder if WS will accommodate a free SDC to the earlier flight? It would mean getting to the airport a lot earlier (4 hrs).

No status. Will I get dinged $100 each (Econo fare)?
Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by shuuy

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh

I have done this without any issues. Wanted to have lunch with a friend at the mid point.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone know if it's still possible to SDC from a nonstop flight to a connecting one? The nonstop arrives at 11PM vs 3PM for a one-stop, which is preferable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.