Wet Luggage from Westjet flight

Old Nov 9, 22, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Wet Luggage from Westjet flight

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

Me and my fiancée just travelled YYC to LHR with Westjet (WS18 departing Nov 8). This was moving our entire life back to the U.K. so we had 6 checked bags (5 + 1 oversized). When we retrieved the bags at LHR they were saturated. My two suitcases were wet all the way through suggesting they were sat in water for the entire flight. My oversized bag was dry.

There was no precipitation in YYC or LHR so not sure how they are so wet. I assume the oversized was stored elsewhere in the hold so wondering if our bags were stored in water (no discernible smell of anything other than water).

Any tips on how to approach this complaint would be appreciated. A lot of wet clothes and then some personal items are potentially ruined (photos etc).
Old Nov 13, 22, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk saasfee91. Wet luggage is no fun, perhaps someone else had liquid that leaked mid flight.

Either way not a nice occurrence.

Please follow the redirect as we move your query.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Nov 13, 22, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by saasfee91 View Post
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

Me and my fiancée just travelled YYC to LHR with Westjet (WS18 departing Nov 8). This was moving our entire life back to the U.K. so we had 6 checked bags (5 + 1 oversized). When we retrieved the bags at LHR they were saturated. My two suitcases were wet all the way through suggesting they were sat in water for the entire flight. My oversized bag was dry.

There was no precipitation in YYC or LHR so not sure how they are so wet. I assume the oversized was stored elsewhere in the hold so wondering if our bags were stored in water (no discernible smell of anything other than water).

Any tips on how to approach this complaint would be appreciated. A lot of wet clothes and then some personal items are potentially ruined (photos etc).

Did you happen to (hopefully?!) file a claim or make a report with at the WestJet baggage desk upon arrival at LHR?

Search this Thread