Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection Fee ; "Change" questions.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection Fee ; "Change" questions.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, SPG, DL
Question Seat Selection Fee ; "Change" questions.

I have a few questions that I am having trouble finding answers for....
I actually ran into a problem with Delta once, when their online system tried to "double bill" me for a seat selection fee because I wanted to change seats to a seat that was the same price as one I already had paid for.

1) If I purchase an advance seat selection for $21, and then at a later time (before check-in) want to move to a different seat (also $21) will the online system recognise the fact that I have already paid for my seat originally and not try and charge me again?

2) If I purchase an advance seat selection for $21, and then at a later time (before check-in) want to move to an exit row seat ($42) will the online system recognise the fact that I have already paid $21 for my seat originally and only charge me the additional $21? (Not the full $42)

3) If I cancel my flight after paying for seat selection, will the fee be refunded?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tagor
If I cancel my flight after paying for seat selection, will the fee be refunded?
From http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/trav...ion-faqs.shtml
Are seat fees refundable?
Seat fees are refundable up until 24 hours before flight departure, with the exception of full itinerary cancellations, where fees will be refunded up until two hours before flight departure.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, SPG, DL
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Thank you. That is good to know, but I don't plan on cancelling.
I am very curious about the change questions. (1&2)
I assume this could be done over the telephone talking to a live agent, but I would like to know if anyone has any experience trying this online.
I much prefer not having to call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.